Metal Storm logo
Praying Mantis

18.08.2015 - 05:48
Guib
Thrash Talker
What's up everyone! So I just wanted to create a topic about a British heavy metal band that I like a lot. It felt strange to me (after researching the forum) that this band didn't have it's own topic. I mean, we're talking about metal veterans here who released their very first studio album, the classic ''Time Tells No Lies'' in 1981 during the apotheosis of British heavy metal.

Since the band is releasing a new album this august, I'm interested to see who's ''hyped'' or interested in this work. Also I'm just curious to hear everyone's opinion about the band and their career. To me Praying Mantis is an amazing band and I feel that they've always been a ''little underrated''. Also, I'll be certain to check out their new release.

Oh and if you want to laugh a little.
Metal Archives
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.08.2015 - 06:01
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Very good band. I heard tunes off classic "Time Tell No Lies" and it was very awesome. The only thing I know about this band is subsequent fall from Arista Records to Jet Records.

Their management was doofus and couldn't control the bands' inner working and financial charts. Thus, it blew the band and musicians fall apart. They never rose from that loss.

It feels incredible that they recording new album and I hope they revive those classic tunes of 80s era and shine the light on Praying Mantis.
18.08.2015 - 06:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.08.2015 at 06:01

Very good band. I heard tunes off classic "Time Tell No Lies" and it was very awesome. The only thing I know about this band is subsequent fall from Arista Records to Jet Records.

Their management was doofus and couldn't control the bands' inner working and financial charts. Thus, it blew the band and musicians fall apart. They never rose from that loss.

It feels incredible that they recording new album and I hope they revive those classic tunes of 80s era and shine the light on Praying Mantis.

Glad to see that you know about them Cynic
You should definitely check their later 90's work ''Forever In Time'' I'm certain you'll like it In my opinion, it's just as good as ''Time Tells No Lies''.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.08.2015 - 06:22
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 18.08.2015 at 06:05

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.08.2015 at 06:01

You should definitely check their later 90's work ''Forever In Time'' I'm certain you'll like it In my opinion, it's just as good as ''Time Tells No Lies''.

I'll sure to check out that too.

Thank you.
18.08.2015 - 12:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its actually weird band is not in MA , its metal enough to be there, and band is unknown its bigger as it is, many albums but I found it because MS , editing database. Pretty good one, I know songs from albums, all are good, maybe one day I will listen some full length
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing