Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall - Bassist Quits

Hammerfall bassist Magnus Rosén has left the band today (Tuesday 06.03.). An official statement on the band's official website goes as follows:

"Breaking news: The bass player of HammerFall, Magnus Rosén, will not be a part of the band in the future. This is all the information available at the moment, but expect an official statement from the band as soon as possible."

Magnus Rosén became a member of Hammerfall in 1997/1998, around the recordings of "Glory To The Brave".

UPDATED on 8 March 2007:

Here's the official statement from the band members regarding the situation. English:

"Bass player Magnus Rosén has elected to step down from HammerFall to be able to focus on his own projects. While it is surprising, it's not a total shock to us since he has seemed to be unhappy with the situation in the band and on tour for quite a while. We wish him all the best with his future endeavors and turn our attention to the future, immediate and distant.

This will change nothing for us as far as booked gigs and other planned activities are concerned. Rest assured, HammerFall will continue blazing its trail just like before. The process of selecting the right replacement both musically and personally is already set in motion, and we will announce it as soon as a decision is made."

/Joacim, Stefan, Oscar and Anders

Source: hammerfall.net
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 06.03.2007 by =maD.Doc:.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   Visited by: 14 users
06.03.2007 - 23:52
LeDruide
Too bad, he's a good player and good showman, and very friendly person. I wonder why he left the band.
07.03.2007 - 00:41
IronWinter
Hmm...bit of a shame that, it'll be intresting to find out why...
07.03.2007 - 01:08
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
it really is a shame... but I should be lucky... I got the chance to see them twice before he quited at least hope they'll find a great replacement for him... this is the first one to quit the band since 1999
07.03.2007 - 02:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Wow, he was with them for ten years, something pretty big must have compelled him to leave.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
07.03.2007 - 06:18
FOOCK Nam
I hope the band still go well for making music if without him.
07.03.2007 - 06:18
Lord Grim
A lot of musicians have been quitting bands lately...
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
07.03.2007 - 06:42
Carrion
Account deleted
Hm I liked his performing and his skills.. It's a shame.
07.03.2007 - 10:35
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
To bad...but well I surpose he had good reasons to. We'll just have to wait and see
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.03.2007 - 12:22
iaberis
Advice Troll
I hate to see band members that started the band, quiting
----
Bitch! Please
07.03.2007 - 12:35
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by iaberis on 07.03.2007 at 12:22

Actually, Hammerfall already started in 1993, and it was founded by Oscar Dronjak (after he quit Ceremonial Oath) together with Jesper Strömblad (known from In Flames).
Magnus Rosén joined the band replacing Fredrik Larsson as a bassist in May 1998.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
07.03.2007 - 12:43
iaberis
Advice Troll
Shit! You got me man!
----
Bitch! Please
07.03.2007 - 15:42
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Guest on 07.03.2007 at 06:42

Hm I liked his performing and his skills.. It's a shame.

Well, he's probably one of the most skilled bassist in Sweden, and maybe in the world, but he sure didn't show nothing of that in Hammerfall.
07.03.2007 - 17:23
WTF!!!

Thats sad!!
07.03.2007 - 21:09
Legacy_Of_Kings
Account deleted
Hm, Magnus is one of the most skilled bassist in the world..
I wonder..
07.03.2007 - 21:23
Melodeath Master
Written by Thryce on 07.03.2007 at 12:35

Written by iaberis on 07.03.2007 at 12:22

Actually, Hammerfall already started in 1993, and it was founded by Oscar Dronjak (after he quit Ceremonial Oath) together with Jesper Strömblad (known from In Flames).
Magnus Rosén joined the band replacing Fredrik Larsson as a bassist in May 1998.

Actually he replaced Fredrik Larsson already in 1997 After the recordings of Glory To The Brave
07.03.2007 - 23:33
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
The officiall statement is online now, http://www.hammerfall.net
08.03.2007 - 15:06
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 07.03.2007 at 21:23

Actually he replaced Fredrik Larsson already in 1997 After the recordings of Glory To The Brave

Actually, not really

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerfall:

"As HammerFall grew in popularity, the time available for members of the band to dedicate to other projects became limited. Jesper and Glenn were committed to In Flames and Fredrik was committed to the thrash metal band Beyond. Thus, the HammerFall's line-up soon underwent changes. Stefan Elmgren assumed the lead guitar and Patrik Räfling assumed the drums (they joined the band in the end of 1997 after the release of Glory to the Brave album) and Fredrik decided to remain in the band until a suitable replacement for him was found. This happened in May - 1998, when bassist Magnus Rosén joined the band. Stefan Elmgren played some of the guitars on the Glory to the Brave album (like the acoustic guitars on "I Believe") but only as a guest performer, not a member of the band."

But on on the other hand, the bio on his official website (http://www.magnusrosen.net/bio.htm) claims the following:

"In 1997 he joined HammerFall 3 months before the release of their debut album "Glory to the Brave"."

Conclusion: we're both wrong
----
08.03.2007 - 15:09
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Band statement (2007-03-07):

Here's the official statement from the band members regarding the situation. English:

"Bass player Magnus Rosén has elected to step down from HammerFall to be able to focus on his own projects. While it is surprising, it's not a total shock to us since he has seemed to be unhappy with the situation in the band and on tour for quite a while. We wish him all the best with his future endeavors and turn our attention to the future, immediate and distant.

This will change nothing for us as far as booked gigs and other planned activities are concerned. Rest assured, HammerFall will continue blazing its trail just like before. The process of selecting the right replacement both musically and personally is already set in motion, and we will announce it as soon as a decision is made."

/Joacim, Stefan, Oscar and Anders

-----

Magnus Rosén statement:

Hello guys! The new layout is coming, but before I have to share the news with you. As you might have heard, Magnus is no longer a member of HammerFall. Two days ago Magnus told the other guys from HammerFall he was leaving the band. Here is his statement about his decision. "Thanks to all the fans around the world who supported the band for 10 years. You all gave me very nice memories after all the concerts we did. It was a pleasure to get such a good audience like you guys! Without you we wouldn't be able to do record so many CDs and make so many tours as we did during the last 10 years. So thank you all. It's important for me to tell you that I loved every single second I had on stage during our concerts! To hear your voice, see your happy faces and hear your nice words really made my day!!! It was a pleasure to meet each one of you before and after the concerts, sign your cd, take pictures with you and shake your hands! It was also very nice for me to use my fame to do my solo concerts for charity in countries like Peru, Chile and Brazil. With this concerts I got food and money for poor people and it was because of YOUR help! Also for supporting me during my bass clinics in schools and in other projects as music against violence and music against drugs! I believe it's very nice way to give and take. So it's time for me to be more creative in my career. That's the reason I left HammerFall. So from now on I'll give myself a chance to write songs and be creative in bands that allow me to. The years are passing by fast and is important for a musician to grow in the situation he is in! I hope that HammerFall will find a nice and good bassist for you all. And I hope our fans will respect my choice! Anyway, be sure that I'll still be doing Heavy Metal! So keep your eyes open! Best regards, Magnus Rosén "
----
08.03.2007 - 17:52
Melodeath Master
Written by Thryce on 08.03.2007 at 15:06

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 07.03.2007 at 21:23

Actually, not really

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerfall:

"As HammerFall grew in popularity, the time available for members of the band to dedicate to other projects became limited. Jesper and Glenn were committed to In Flames and Fredrik was committed to the thrash metal band Beyond. Thus, the HammerFall's line-up soon underwent changes. Stefan Elmgren assumed the lead guitar and Patrik Räfling assumed the drums (they joined the band in the end of 1997 after the release of Glory to the Brave album) and Fredrik decided to remain in the band until a suitable replacement for him was found. This happened in May - 1998, when bassist Magnus Rosén joined the band. Stefan Elmgren played some of the guitars on the Glory to the Brave album (like the acoustic guitars on "I Believe") but only as a guest performer, not a member of the band."

But on on the other hand, the bio on his official website (http://www.magnusrosen.net/bio.htm) claims the following:

"In 1997 he joined HammerFall 3 months before the release of their debut album "Glory to the Brave"."

Conclusion: we're both wrong

And according to their DVD "The First Crusade" he also joined in 1997. And also according to Hammerfalls offical website. So I am not wrong Yes, he joined before the release of GttB, BUT the recordings were already done when he joined.
29.06.2007 - 22:10
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
mmm.... Magnus Rosen was a great Bassist.

Thats sad !!
15.09.2009 - 20:03
Angel Of Mercy
I actually cried, does that make me sad and obsessive? :S
----
Your time will come.
16.09.2009 - 12:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If you cried now, 2 years after the thing happen, then yes, it does
----
My rest seems now calm and deep