Metal Storm logo
Cooking/recipes

Original post

Posted by Hyvaarin, 08.03.2007 - 05:07
As I sit here preparing my list of groceries to buy, I'm having a hard time thinking of good recipes/meals for which to buy ingredients.

Hit me with some!
12.08.2010 - 03:27
Kennoth
Ermm, I can make a sandwich?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
16.08.2010 - 23:01
Ernis
狼獾
Just made another lasagne...

Anyhow... that's how I mainly do it: I usually do both the red and white sauce simultaneously. The red sauce usually consists of minced meat, jar of crushed tomatoes/tomato sauce and sometimes I also add eggplant or squash or both. I fry the meat first, then add eggplant. Squash doesn't need any previous frying. For the white sauce I mix butter and flour and then add milk and stir all the time on fire. The thickness of the sauce depends on the amount of butter and flour... the more the thicker.

Then finally... smear the inside of the casserole with the white sauce, then lay one layer of lasagne on it, then add one third of the red sauce and one third of the white sauce and then place another layer of lasagne on it. Repeat these steps and finally cover the last layer of sauces with lasagne and smear these with the remaining white sauce. Then cover the casserole with foil and place it in the 200C oven and wait for around 30 minutes, then remove the foil and let it bake for another 10 minutes.

I tend to use mediterranean spices for dishes like this...

I've also cooked some cannelloni... Similar to lasagne but in this case you need to stuff the pasta shapes with the minced meat or vegetables which can be more annoying than just spreading the lasagne layers. Eventually you need to cover the cannelloni with the sauce entirely and then place it in the oven.

The cooking time and temperature may depend on the brand of lasagne so you need to check what's written on the box...
12.01.2011 - 10:45
JD
Account deleted
I can do eggs, that's right baby!
12.01.2011 - 22:12
Kitty
I like cooking a lot! And I also do it everytime Iv'e got the chance. It calms my nerves.
Baking is cool as well.
Maybe I'll write down some recipes when I'll have the power. Right now I'm just tired. And gonna make some goulash!
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
13.01.2011 - 02:15
I_Die_Often
I always experiment while cooking, so my recipes are always evolving (varies by how much brandy I've had while cooking too!)

Stuffed Pasta Shells
2 lbs 85/15 ground beef (I feel it cooks up with a better texture than leaner ground beef)
Chopped onion to your liking
Couple spoonfull minced garlic
Fresh spinach (chopped)
1 egg
1/4 cup or so of bread crumbs (I have never measured these, I go by looks)
Olive oil
Grated parmesaen cheese
Oregeno
Basil
2 15 oz cans tomato sause
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
Pasta shells

Brown burger with onion, set asided to cool and drain fat.
Boil shells el dante, cool with cold water, drain.
Mix the sause, paste, oregano, basil, 1 spoon of garlic with a wisk (then it doesn't splatter so much and mixes very well)
Once meat has cooled, add egg (this is why you cool it, don't want egg to cook as soon as it hits the meat) spinach, 1 spoon of garlic, oregano, basil, 1/4 cup or so of cheese and bread crumbs. Mix and add olive oil just so it's moist. (add more bread crumbs if you want to)
Stuff meat mixture into shells and set in large baking dish. Cover with tomato sause.
Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees, prior to serving lightly cover with cheese.

I like to serve with garlic bread, spinach or another green vegetable, calamata and/or garlic stuffed olives.

Takes some time to make this (and at lease 3 brandy/cokes) but it's great! I get requested to make this for people.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
03.03.2012 - 02:53
Ernis
狼獾
Wolverine's Tart... even tho it might not be the best I can do, it prolly is what I can do best... It's also relatively easy to bake...

Default recipe:
2.5 decilitres of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3 decilitres of sugar
150 grams of butter
3 eggs
1 decilitre of warm black coffee

Mix the baking powder into the flour and then also add the sugar. Warm the butter until it becomes liquid and add to the previous ingredients. Then add three eggs (you should technically whisk them before in a separate bowl but since I'm lazy, I usually just add them straight to the dough). Then add the coffee and continue mixing it. Then add a couple of shots of some alcoholic beverage (should be a strong one). I've used whiskey, rum, amaretto, amaro, blueberry liqueur and recently wild strawberry liqueur.

You can effectively turn this into a chocolate tart by adding two tablespoons of cocoa powder to the flour before introducing the butter and eggs.

You can also add some raisins and/or almonds if you wish.

In the end, pour the dough into a baking tin that has either been smeared with butter and bread crumbs or covered with a sheet of baking paper and then just throw it into the oven that has been pre-heated to 175 C and leave it there for around 40 minutes.
03.03.2012 - 03:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Hash + butter + brownie mix.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.03.2012 - 03:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Seriously... I can cook a lot actually, I find it calm, home made pizza and pasta are my favourite to make!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.01.2013 - 10:03
Cookin is my passion i love to cook scrumptious dishes. Vikas Khanna
07.09.2013 - 12:56
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I like to cook in my spare time, great creativityh. I just started making my own mayonnaise with a recipe i got from the cooking show, Good Eats. I've made it twice. The first time I used Safflower oil - which the show said to use- and it was not so good, also my whisk was rusty.. anyway made it again with a new whisk and new Oil. Here's the recipe

1 large egg yolk
1/2 tspn Salt
1/2 tspn Mustard powder
2 pinches sugar
2 tspn Lemon juice (or less mine turns out pretty tangy)
1/2 Tblspn White whine vinger

Whisk all that together until a thorough emulsion is created and then as you CONTINUE to whisk!! SLOWLY add...

1/2 Cup Coconut Oil and 1/2 cup Light Olive Oil. add it in in drips at first and then you can add more as more mixture is made. DO NOT STOP WHISKING.

you are trying to entrap the yolk mixture in the oil, which is against their nature (oil and egg) so as you add it very slowly as you whisk it will guarantee the mixture does not separate when left to stand because the particles are so thoroughly combined. it's very good with vegetables. for me, that on bread with avocado is enough.
----
Coldgrits
10.09.2013 - 05:09
MetallicA
Saw a recipe for lasagne up there...I made some lasagne yesterday...it's good!Here's my recipe:

lasagne noodles
small container of ricotta cheese
spinach...it can be fresh or frozen. Just make sure it's chopped up.
3 cup mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
red sauce

Boil the lasagne noodles and in the meantime, mix all the different cheeses, spinach and seasonings together. Coat a pan with butter or oil or whatever you prefer. For the layering, put the sauce first, then the lasagne noodles, cheese mix, sauce etc. Top off with cheese and sauce. Add meat of you want...I just prefer mine with no meat.

Cook at 350F for 40 minutes.

Here's another good one...Hamburger Soup. It's great for cold rainy days...warms you right up!

1 pound hamburger meat. Brown meat, crumble it up and drain the fat.
Add the rest of these ingredients at once:
5 cups water
1 small can stewed tomatoes
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons basil
2 medium onions, chopped small
2 medium carrots, diced small
2 celery stalks, diced small
1/3 cup pearl barley
1 beef bouillon cube

Heat until simmering, then cover and simmer for an hour. I may have to make this soon. Yep, I think I will. lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.