Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - To Enter The Studio, New Album Next Year

Guess who's ready to record some new music! Swedish gothic doom legends Katatonia just announced that the writing process of the new album is almost finished, demos have been recorded and they are ready to hit the studio in December. Finally, the news that fans were waiting to hear and Dead End Kings will soon have a follow-up.

We read in a Facebook statement from the group: "It's been a long time coming, but this autumn we've been real busy writing, arranging and recording demos for our 10th album to be released in 2016. More news to come next month as we enter the studio."

Photo courtesy of Katatonia's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 26.10.2015 by robpal

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 216 users
28.10.2015 - 00:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by LeKiwi on 27.10.2015 at 22:25

Why should one care?

Why should one care if other people care or don't care?
28.10.2015 - 00:40
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Why should one care whether one cares if other people care or not...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.10.2015 - 00:40
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Guest on 28.10.2015 at 00:17

Indeed. Personally...I'm just prodding for fun.
28.10.2015 - 00:45
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Karlabos on 28.10.2015 at 00:40

Wisdom to the max.
28.10.2015 - 00:53
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 28.10.2015 at 00:17

Why should one care?

Why should one care if other people care whether other people care or don't care?
----
28.10.2015 - 00:54
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw

Ah, I see you beat me to it.
----
28.10.2015 - 01:35
mz

Here we go again.
I love this game xD
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
28.10.2015 - 07:39
Zap

Why should one care?

Edit: not directed at you.

Because one probably used to love the band and hates to see what they have become/are becoming. I don't know what Marcel was thinking when he posted here, and I haven't listened to Katatonia much, but I can see myself posting something similar on, say, a Megadeth thread. I'm much more inclined to comment negatively about bands that were once good and became bad than to comment negatively on a band I always thought was pretty shite.
28.10.2015 - 08:05
slim pickings
Account deleted
Katatonia became bad?! At leaast they don't have an album as bad as Virtual XI or Dedicated to Chaos in their discography.

Looking forward to their new album; hope they don't think of making a back to early days album like Paradise Lost did.

I also welcome a new collaboration Renkse/Soord, one can only hope. Not likely for now I guess.
28.10.2015 - 11:45
mz
Written by Zap on 28.10.2015 at 07:39

Because one probably used to love the band and hates to see what they have become/are becoming. I don't know what Marcel was thinking when he posted here, and I haven't listened to Katatonia much, but I can see myself posting something similar on, say, a Megadeth thread. I'm much more inclined to comment negatively about bands that were once good and became bad than to comment negatively on a band I always thought was pretty shite.

Exactly. I don't really see how people could have problem understanding this concept.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
28.10.2015 - 12:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

That was what I was thinking when I posted here. And that's the reason I also post on Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament (although they already became with half of their second album), Exodus threads.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.10.2015 - 16:46
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

It is indeed disappointing - with regards to Katatonia - but that's the individual's fault for becoming attached to the band as opposed to the music, however inevitable. You can't expect a band to write what you want, can you? Their previous work will always be there for people to listen to. In any case, I still think it's slightly self-centred to desire a band to discontinue writing music because their musical direction doesn't meet one's expectations.
28.10.2015 - 17:49
Cavernous
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.10.2015 at 01:23

Stop recording PLEASE!!!

Yes. If it's all about money, we could just collect some among old good Katatonia fans for their benefit. I would happily contribute.
28.10.2015 - 17:50
Cavernous
They had been sucking for so much time, it doesnt hurt anymore. Almost.
28.10.2015 - 18:12
Zap
Written by LeKiwi on 28.10.2015 at 16:46

It is indeed disappointing - with regards to Katatonia - but that's the individual's fault for becoming attached to the band as opposed to the music, however inevitable. You can't expect a band to write what you want, can you? Their previous work will always be there for people to listen to. In any case, I still think it's slightly self-centred to desire a band to discontinue writing music because their musical direction doesn't meet one's expectations.

I don't think anyone is seriously expecting bands to stop recording when they ask them to though.
28.10.2015 - 18:36
I think last 2 albums are better than TGCD. Especially TNitND
28.10.2015 - 18:57
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by The Philosopher on 28.10.2015 at 18:36

If you're serious - which I doubt - you should probably revise your votes
28.10.2015 - 18:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 28.10.2015 at 18:12

I don't think anyone is seriously expecting bands to stop recording when they ask them to though.

That's exactly it, and why I don't get it when people complain at people who say it: it's just hyperbole. A way of venting your disapproval in a colourful way.
28.10.2015 - 19:03
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Zap on 28.10.2015 at 18:12

True...perhaps they should write something more constructive? I don't care honestly, I'm just over-analysing everything...as I do...for fun.

Edit: anyways...my point is...people would probably do themselves some good if they stopped caring about bands that have long since made music they dislike. Just sayin'.
28.10.2015 - 19:22
Zap
Written by LeKiwi on 28.10.2015 at 19:03

True...perhaps they should write something more constructive? I don't care honestly, I'm just over-analysing everything...as I do...for fun.

Maybe, but then so should the people writing "so excited for this" etc. It's just that the positive unconstructive comments never seem to bother anyone while the negative ones do.

(btw, I know you don't care, and neither do I, but it's a fun conversation anyways )
28.10.2015 - 19:25
Zap
Written by Guest on 28.10.2015 at 18:58

That's exactly it, and why I don't get it when people complain at people who say it: it's just hyperbole. A way of venting your disapproval in a colourful way.

Indeed, I use hyperbole so much (in both positive and negative cases) in real life ("that movie is the bomb-dizzle" when it's really only just sort of decent.) No one ever gets upset about it then though.
28.10.2015 - 20:06
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Zap on 28.10.2015 at 19:22

Maybe, but then so should the people writing "so excited for this" etc. It's just that the positive unconstructive comments never seem to bother anyone while the negative ones do.

True, I suppose it is difficult to be constructive about things like this, especially seeing as the band will probably never get wind of it. In my head the opposite of "so excited for this" would be "not so excited for this"? I suppose that's what people mean by "stop writing!", although it does come across as more...selfish than saying they don't care for any future releases by band X. I get it though, it's a hyperbole as Joe pointed out. Like I said, I may have over-analysed this...
Quote:

(btw, I know you don't care, and neither do I, but it's a fun conversation anyways )

Yup
28.10.2015 - 22:01
Written by LeKiwi on 28.10.2015 at 18:57

Written by The Philosopher on 28.10.2015 at 18:36

If you're serious - which I doubt - you should probably revise your votes

No, I'm serious. I haven't voted a Katatonia album since 2013, so my opinions may have changed, isn't it possible ?
28.10.2015 - 22:23
Opethian
Last album was too soft and generic for me personally. Hope this shows the band churn out something less 1 dimensional. Love everything from 'Brave Murder Days to The Great Cold Distance'.
29.10.2015 - 02:56
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by The Philosopher on 28.10.2015 at 22:01

No, I'm serious. I haven't voted a Katatonia album since 2013, so my opinions may have changed, isn't it possible ?

Possible indeed, just baffles me is all
29.10.2015 - 12:50
JayMo4
Katatonia has evolved quite a bit over the years, and have dramatically changed their sound more than most anyone else I can think of. It just so happens I didn't care for their latest as much as any of the others. I think it's time to move on from that chugga-chugga phase. I'm not going to be one of those fans that says, "You need to make another album like XXXX!" But I would like to see what else they have up their sleeve, and would almost be surprised to hear another Dead End Kings, given the band's history of change.

Hits total: 3643 | This month: 12