Metal Storm logo
Testament

22.05.2006 - 15:55
__Az__
Im surprised theres no thread about this band yet... Just goes to show how under-rated they are.... They certainly deserve more recognition... They have many top quality thrash albums/tracks... 'The Legacy'/Alone In The Dark..... 'The New Order'/Into The Pit & Trial By Fire....

My favourite Testament track is Alone In The Dark followed closely by a host of others including Disciples Of The Watch and Burnt Offering...

So, what does everyone else think of this band?
22.05.2006 - 19:34
Mega-Slayer
Testament ahh yes a true Thrash band indeed.You forgot to mention Pratice What You Preach yet another classic from the band along with The Legacy and New Order.I own all three and enjoy The New Order the most,The Preacher,the New Order,Disciples Of the Watch and Trial by Fire are my favorite songs.On the track "The Preacher" Chuck Billy really shows his range.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
22.05.2006 - 22:56
Tobias P
Account deleted
Great band, very similary to Defiance, or is it the other way round? www.defiance1.com 2 albums for free download. The band (defainace) is working on a new record.:banger2:
22.05.2006 - 23:20
Trifixion
Account deleted
Testament is definetly an underappreciated band all around. I only listen to a few Thrash bands and Testament are one of them, they're awesome. The Legacy is a classic...and you mentioned some great tracks like Alone In The Dark (my favorite) and from their other cd's songs like Into The Pit. Souls Of Black is also awesome they're a great band and have a good, old school feel to them.
23.05.2006 - 16:20
__Az__
Written by Mega-Slayer on 22.05.2006 at 19:34

Testament ahh yes a true Thrash band indeed.You forgot to mention Pratice What You Preach yet another classic from the band along with The Legacy and New Order.I own all three and enjoy The New Order the most,The Preacher,the New Order,Disciples Of the Watch and Trial by Fire are my favorite songs.On the track "The Preacher" Chuck Billy really shows his range.

Yeh, forgot to mention The Preacher... Sorry... Its a great song just like the others...
23.05.2006 - 16:38
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
THE GATHERING ! haha one of the best metal albums recorded ever. and My testament favorite.
The Legacy Another Classic , New world order.
Great guitar work and I love chuck on the vocals.

great riffs, Great band.
Salut Testamnet !
24.05.2006 - 16:07
kackbratze
Their first albums are thrash metal classics. "The Gathering" is a superb return! They truly deserve more recognition. Aren't they recording a new album this year?
24.05.2006 - 16:34
TheKreator
Account deleted
Indeed...the album "The Gathering" is absolutely superb....old-school thrash metal...Testamnet are the true kings of thrash
24.05.2006 - 16:42
__Az__
Well, there was news of it... Im not sure personally... I would definately like to see it though,,,
24.05.2006 - 21:19
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Seen there DVD...They aint looking good at all...
I think they came togher only for the money.
Theyr pretty broke the word says.

A shame
Tho I would love to see "The gathering" album Live.
They dont do it for some reason.
25.05.2006 - 09:38
Hoverbot Death
Account deleted
My personal favorite is Souls Of Back, the song and the album!!!
I believe it was their opus, their ...And Justice For All(so to speak)
25.05.2006 - 12:41
__Az__
Hmmm.... Yeh. maybe... the Legacy is great aswell.. .
25.05.2006 - 15:02
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Anyone like the album Demonic?
21.06.2006 - 22:03
reload3591
Written by Guest on 25.05.2006 at 15:02

Anyone like the album Demonic?

Yes, I like Demonic. It's my 2nd fav. after the Gathering.
21.06.2006 - 22:59
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"The New Order" was the first Thrash album I bought after Megadeth's "Peace Sells..." it still manages to be one of my favourite ones, incredibly aggressive yet surprisingly atmospheric for being Thrash.
21.06.2006 - 23:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Testament only really moved me on their first two albums and their demo when the were still called Legacy. Luckily the best track they ever wrote (which wa sfeatured on their demo) was later released on First Strike Still Deadly. Their best track being of course beig Reign of Terror. I just love Steve Zetro Souza's vocals on that track. The track was only released in its original version on the 1985 demo and on the Eastern Front 2LP compilation (which I luckily own in its original vinyl version and features other great thrash bands as well) in 1985
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.06.2006 - 00:17
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
For some reason, Testament does seem to be a bit underappreaciated by the metal community by and large. The first two albums were both thrash landmarks. Personally, I like The New Order a bit more, with my favorite track being the leadoff, Eerie Inhabitants. Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnik were a great tandem and could play with the best of them. I don't think they dropped off too far after Skolnik left and James Murphy came in on Low. It's a pretty good album in its own right. Especially with a song like Trail of Tears. The Gathering was one of the best thrash albums of the nineties and it really proved that even through numerous lineup changes, Testament still deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the thrash titans.
18.07.2006 - 04:31
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
fav albums:

-Practice what you preach
-demonic
-The Gathering! with MR DAVE LOMBARDO AT THE DRUMS!

ALONE IN THE DARK! what a song! one of my favorites with electric crown!
18.07.2006 - 04:40
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I enjoy everything by Testament. Their older shit such as The New Order have some excellent groove, and their newer cd's are rediculously heavy. Skolnik was the heart of the band, however. I always thought they were a little too similar to Metallica, and that's why they never got the popularity they deserved. Old metallica had better song writing, but Testament never sold out, and in my opinion, is one of the best True thrash bands of all time.
----
Brujerizmo!
18.07.2006 - 05:09
Mega-Slayer
Written by Konrad on 18.07.2006 at 04:40

I enjoy everything by Testament. Their older shit such as The New Order have some excellent groove, and their newer cd's are rediculously heavy. Skolnik was the heart of the band, however. I always thought they were a little too similar to Metallica, and that's why they never got the popularity they deserved. Old metallica had better song writing, but Testament never sold out, and in my opinion, is one of the best True thrash bands of all time.

A good thing about Testament,their still actually playing Metal.
----

18.07.2006 - 06:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Testament is a band I enjoy too...I have some of their albums...my favorite ones would be Practice What You Preach and Low...the former because it's classic thrash and the latter because it's harder, heavier and more death metalish...
27.07.2006 - 00:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I have only heard one song from them, and liked it very much. Never checked out more, though. Will do, right now.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.07.2006 - 01:15
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I like the first album, Legacy. It's really thrashy and the production isn't too great, but I have a knack for liking first albums of thrash bands. (Kill em' All, Show no Mercy etc. etc.) New Order is also really thrash. Everything this band has done is heavy and good, I'm just a fan of old school thrash.
----
Brujerizmo!
29.07.2006 - 07:59
Robstar
Great Bands, awesome albums , so freken good!
Man I love their material, I got all their stuff and one of my favorite is New Order ! besides Low!
Great Shit !

What !

je je

Testament rocks people! True Thrash !
----
Nothing is unreacheable
29.07.2006 - 08:11
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Alex Skolnick is a badass guitarist.. and Greg Christian is a badass bassist... ever heard the bass intro to "Perilous Nation" good shit...
29.07.2006 - 10:49
BlackMin
Account deleted
Gotta agree with others, one of the best and also one of the most underrated thrash bands out there. My personal top3 albums from them are The Legacy, The Gathering and the New Order. Hopefully they will do new album in near future, atleast there has been some rumours about it.
30.07.2006 - 00:59
Pyro
Account deleted
Testament is probably the best bay area thrash band that didn't reached the status of the "big-four". My favorite album by them is of course "The Legacy". My favorite songs are Over the Wall, and a death-ish song from their album "The Gathering" called "Legions of the dead" which is truly amazing. And Chuck's growls are amazing !!
31.07.2006 - 07:46
Thrash666
_Az_ you are 100% right. Testament is one of most under-rated metal bands. Their music is awesome and their live shows are awesome too. Because New Order was my first Testament cd, it is my favorite and my favorite Testament song would have to be between "Trail by Fire" or "Over the Wall".
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
04.08.2006 - 21:57
AniroN
Account deleted
I saw them live 2 weeks ago and yeah, they're fucking amazing! They've made the best show on MetalCamp (Slovenia) this year, besides Kreator.
I think they were among "the big four" until Megadeth came along.. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure which band was it.. Maybe Anthrax. Or Slayer. Or Metallica. Well, one of those.
04.08.2006 - 23:32
Mega-Slayer
Written by Guest on 04.08.2006 at 21:57

I saw them live 2 weeks ago and yeah, they're fucking amazing! They've made the best show on MetalCamp (Slovenia) this year, besides Kreator.
I think they were among "the big four" until Megadeth came along.. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure which band was it.. Maybe Anthrax. Or Slayer. Or Metallica. Well, one of those.

Megadeth's debut album came out 2 years before testament's.It was always those four,and in my opinion if anyone where to take place of one it would've been Overkill.
----