35 want it

Disc I
01. Marche Royale
02. In Aeternum
03. Healing Through War
04. The Fool
05. Cold As Perfection
06. Mitra
07. Paramour (Die Leidenschaft Bringt Leiden)
08. And The Vulture Beholds
09. Gravity
10. A Million Deaths
11. Syphilis
12. King

Disc II] [digipak bonus] [orchestral version]
01. Marche Royale
02. In Aeternum
03. Healing Through War
04. The Fool
05. Cold As Perfection
06. Mitra
07. And The Vulture Beholds
08. Gravity
09. A Million Deaths
10. Syphilis

Guest review by
MisterChrisBrdk
Rating:
Italians and beauty are worth checking out.

Read more ››
published 02.01.2017 | Comments (1)

Found in 49 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1077 users
10.12.2015 - 17:37
Rating: 9
s_t_s
Leeeeeeak ! Or at least some excerpts
15.12.2015 - 09:41
Can't fucking wait \mm/
----
\m/ Metalhead Forever \m/
10.01.2016 - 17:55
yashar-1981
21.01.2016 - 09:47
s_t_s
Been listening to the album several times already and I really like it a lot ! I won't compare to Septicflesh because they are still masters in the art of combining an orchestra with brutal music yet this album shows nice progress. To those of you who complained about the guitars being overflown by the rest, fell happy as you will be able to listen to them and most of all enjoy them !

Not so sure about the bonus tracks tho, depends on how much the didgipack is sold ^^
04.02.2016 - 00:37
I've been listening the album the whole day. Remember those "throw everything you got in the arena" songs like in Agony? Well, "King" is clearly a whole new level of maturity and emotion. The comparison with Septic Flesh is clearly appropriated. I fell like i'm listening to this masterpiece that is "The Great Mass".

Well, Italians and beauty are worth check it out.
----
Une courgette, ça s'écoute !
05.02.2016 - 20:07
paragraph7
Written by MisterChrisBrdk on 04.02.2016 at 00:37

I've been listening the album the whole day. Remember those "throw everything you got in the arena" songs like in Agony? Well, "King" is clearly a whole new level of maturity and emotion. The comparison with Septic Flesh is clearly appropriated. I fell like i'm listening to this masterpiece that is "The Great Mass".

Well, Italians and beauty are worth check it out.

Agreed. Only time can tell whether this one will survive as a milestone or just another album in their discography, but it's no doubt the most mature and on-point realization of their vision. The piano and operatic tracks now have their place on the album rather than being all out jumbled into the every song. The harpsichord is so frickin' fleshgod and a few choruses by the clean screaming bassist gave me chills once again. Great record for now, but I'm always hesitant with praise after just a few spins, so we'll see.
06.02.2016 - 21:13
seafood
Loving the production on this, finally it sounds like proper death metal (well, you know, the kind of death metal with clear production an symphonic orchestra). I also dig that, maybe apart from The Fool, it's less of a cheesefest on the symphonic parts, with atmosphere perhaps really closer to something like The Great Mass.
06.02.2016 - 21:18
Rating: 8
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Lots of improvements, but I still wish the guitars would get more in on the action.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
09.02.2016 - 04:18
Overrwatcher
Huge improvement over Agony/Labyrinth. They seem to be moving away from the hyper flamboyantly cheesy symphonic tech death (don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing) and becoming more Septicflesh-like. Which, as a huge Septicflesh fan, I really dig.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
09.02.2016 - 14:07
joshsteph
Really, really good album. Anyone who was disappointed on some level by their last two releases will have some great food for their ears this time.
10.02.2016 - 10:35
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite

I fell like i'm listening to this masterpiece that is "The Great Mass".

So you give an album a 9 because it sounds like another album by another band?
10.02.2016 - 13:38
Rating: 7
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by joshsteph on 09.02.2016 at 14:07

Really, really good album. Anyone who was disappointed on some level by their last two releases will have some great food for their ears this time.

What if you want another Agony and thought Labyrinth was a bit disappointing?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
10.02.2016 - 15:50
Rating: 10
Arcesse Eum
...well that was wayyyy better than I was expecting - "The Fool" and "Thousand Deaths" are my favs.
----
As above, so below.
10.02.2016 - 17:28
s_t_s
Written by Daniell on 10.02.2016 at 10:35

I fell like i'm listening to this masterpiece that is "The Great Mass".

So you give an album a 9 because it sounds like another album by another band?

Well to me it's crystal clear Not meaning that this album is a copy of "The Great Mass" but that it is a perfect combination between symphony and brutal metal. That's the way I understand this statement and I fully agree with it. I still prefer Septicflesh better but for sure Fleshgod Apocalypse has made a huge step forward, making them a band you will have to count with from now on !

Still haven't been able to get a copy of the digipack but I think it only comes out this Friday... Will have to go downtown to check it out.
10.02.2016 - 17:32
joshsteph
Written by M C Vice on 10.02.2016 at 13:38

Written by joshsteph on 09.02.2016 at 14:07

What if you want another Agony and thought Labyrinth was a bit disappointing?

It's so well written musically that I just don't think there would be anything negative about this album. If you don't like it, you're a troll.
10.02.2016 - 19:08
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I do like the flow of the album, the production is also better than the last two and I think the vocals are better too.
11.02.2016 - 12:22
NoxStorM
Excellent Album .. those guys when mixing the clean vocals and the slow solos with their music are doing an awesome job .. very unique and intense ..
17.02.2016 - 23:38
MyNameJeff
Their best so far.
18.02.2016 - 18:04
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ So... Just the cookie monster vocals alone? :3
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.02.2016 - 16:51
Hellcult
Another great album from Fleshgod Apocalypse, some good solos and vocals are really good and orchestra will do('Fool' sounds awesome with it)
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
10.03.2016 - 07:22
Rating: 10
mikeprado30
I loved this album so much. So powerful and artistic.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
31.03.2016 - 20:42
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Faaaar too much pounding, too little actual music. the album starts to sound mildly interesting when the band slows down. Which is unfortunately a very rare occurrence.
They have a lot of potential, but they waste it. Also, the production is terrible. The drums are too loud, the symphonic elements are hidden behind everything else. At least the vocals are better than on previous albums.
15.07.2016 - 16:05
Gaelv
They turned to a great direction from overcrowded symph death to more sophisticated and well defined music which i love! i hope they keep this thing up.
13.08.2016 - 14:56
FYA
Destroyer
Damn!

I need to say, that after "Labyrinth" I was afraid that new stuff will be overcompressed like before and very "flat". That's why I was surprised about "King". I hear some baroque inspirations like pianola in one of the tracks, clean vocals sounds less "gay" and more like "with balls". And thanks gods they decided to release separate disc with only orchestral songs. I was waiting for that since "The Agony".
19.08.2016 - 09:12
MetalAce
The Eternal
The first four tracks were great. Really loved the power and the concept, but then it became boring. "9" for the first four and "5" for the rest,
19.08.2016 - 15:58
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by MetalAce on 19.08.2016 at 09:12

"9" for the first four and "5" for the rest

That descalated quickly
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.10.2016 - 19:44
Regolith
Great album! They slowed it down a bit, and turned the guitar up in the mix, and I like the result. Some personal favorites are tracks 3,5,9 and 11 - although there are no songs that I don't like. On this album they have proven to me that they are genuine in their quest to write quality, powerful music. If you haven't listen to this album I highly recommend it! This album is both powerful and beautiful. Best of all, it's full of headbang-able material!
08.12.2016 - 19:57
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Dont dont dont like them as much as in their first albums... it not bad but it is kinda repetitive and uninteresting...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
13.12.2016 - 18:43
Creativinity
I used to look at Fleshgod with a "Meh, it is good..." but after King, "They're great!"
11.02.2018 - 15:11
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Man they are having a tough time deciding on the mix. These are just my opinions, useful/experienced criticism is welcome.

- Agony had a strong foundation with everything mixed to pierce through (basically like Mafia), but somehow they had to deal with the addition of orchestra, hence compromises had to be made and often the guitars took the shortest straw and got buried between the vocals, symphony and drums.
- Labyrinth seemingly tried hard to find the balance with a wall of sound from the get-go but everything kinda lost its high-end edge, drum are not so piercing anymore, instead that range was transferred to the guitars, and the orchestra is not always well emphasized, they fight a lot with the guitars for focus.
- While I still only listened only a fraction of times to King as I had to its predecessors, it seems they have continued on the path Labyrinth had taken. The death metal foundation is back in the focus, symphony is more in the background (both mix and composition-wise), but they lost the higher ranges. It's kind a bummer, talking about not having high frequency ranges to symphonic music...

I still like Agony's mix the most, due to the immense energy it has. Screw balance.
----

Hits total: 18704 | This month: 46