Metal Storm logo
Cookie problem..

‹‹ Back to Bugs
10.02.2016 - 15:48
Taravilyaion
Whenever I visit the site on my iPad or iPhone I always have to login again while when I'm on my pc I can stay logged in all the time.
It doesn't have anything to do with the settings cause those are set to "Allow all cookies".
What can be the problem?
----
"The best violence against one is the violence no one ever forgets.."
13.02.2016 - 07:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Taravilyaion on 10.02.2016 at 15:48

Whenever I visit the site on my iPad or iPhone I always have to login again while when I'm on my pc I can stay logged in all the time.
It doesn't have anything to do with the settings cause those are set to "Allow all cookies".
What can be the problem?

It depends on whether you're going back and forth between the devices. As far as I'm aware, Metal Storm can only be logged into from one device at a time, so every time you log in from a different device, you're logged out on the last device.

Now, if you're saying that you close or leave the page to go to a different site, then come back to MS without having logged back in on from another device, then that could be something with your iDevices. I personally have zero familiarity with iOS mobile browsing, so I have no idea if there's some default setting in your Safari mobile browser that's logging you out when you leave the page and come back to it on the same mobile device.

But I can say that on my Android phone and tablet, I can leave/close the page and come back to it all day without having to log back in, as long as I haven't logged into the Storm from one of the other devices.

Hope this helps.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

13.02.2016 - 12:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 13.02.2016 at 07:21

[It depends on whether you're going back and forth between the devices. As far as I'm aware, Metal Storm can only be logged into from one device at a time, so every time you log in from a different device, you're logged out on the last device.

sam PC different browsers , facebook works fine, I am log in from boat I net and google and boat are open, works fine
MS however one of those same time and rare accessions from other PC, I come home and I am off
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2016 - 15:53
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Actually I was having this problem too until yesterday...
First it was logging out every time I closed MS (and I use always the same PC)
I tried enabling/disabling cookies/deleting temp files and all... Nothing worked.

Other day I suddenly couldn't enter gmail anymore. It would never load the site. Every other site would work fine. So I thought everything was malware action, cleaned/scanned my pc. Nothing happened. MS still logging me out, still couldn't enter gmail
Then yesterday the worst happened: Bandcamp suddenly wouldn't work anymore and I couldn't stream. The songs would stay loading forever and would never begin.
Then I had the idea to change my browser to mozilla.

Guess what? Everything works fine. Bandcamp. Gmail. MS =p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.02.2016 - 18:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 13.02.2016 at 15:53

I tried enabling/disabling cookies/deleting temp files and all... Nothing worked.

Other day I suddenly couldn't enter gmail anymore. It would never load the site. Every other site would work fine. So I thought everything was malware action, cleaned/scanned my pc. Nothing happened. MS still logging me out, still couldn't enter gmail
Then yesterday the worst happened: Bandcamp suddenly wouldn't work anymore and I couldn't stream. The songs would stay loading forever and would never begin.

clan all whit CCleaner ...IMO your PC is full whit shit .... always works for me
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2016 - 19:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite

What browser were you using? You said you switched to Mozilla (Firefox), but didn't mention who you switched from.

I'm curious because I use Chrome, and have none of these problems. Plus, it's just useful information to know for others in general.
----

13.02.2016 - 20:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 13.02.2016 at 19:47

What browser were you using? You said you switched to Mozilla (Firefox), but didn't mention who you switched from.

I'm curious because I use Chrome, and have none of these problems. Plus, it's just useful information to know for others in general.

I use I net ex and it never fucked me up, even Google is better but now google cant play myspace songs dunno why, I net do
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2016 - 21:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by psykometal on 13.02.2016 at 19:47

Yeah, I was using Chrome as well.
I've been using it for a long time without problems, and then they came all of a sudden.
At least the gmail one seems to be a known browser problem which every user is bound to experience once in a while
Not sure about the others though... But I cleaned my pc using a lot of scans and it seems to be healthy according to them now. So I don't think it's malware problem
Also on Bandcamp's troubleshooting page they suggested changing the browser as well. I don't think that would have been suggested if it wasn't a known trouble fixer =)
----
- Reimu Hakurei
13.02.2016 - 22:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 13.02.2016 at 21:50

Not sure about the others though... But I cleaned my pc using a lot of scans and it seems to be healthy according to them now. So I don't think it's malware problem
Also on Bandcamp's troubleshooting page they suggested changing the browser as well. I don't think that would have been suggested if it wasn't a known trouble fixer =)

are browser up to date? delete it and re install, I mean delete for real, whit all savings and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2016 - 22:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2016 at 22:18

are browser up to date? delete it and re install, I mean delete for real, whit all savings and so on

It's too late. I'm a mozilla guy now
----
- Reimu Hakurei
13.02.2016 - 23:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 13.02.2016 at 22:26

can happen whit this browser to ...
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2016 - 23:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Also you can restart browser default settings to somehow I once did it on chrome
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2016 - 06:48
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Karlabos on 13.02.2016 at 22:26

This is I was gona say too. To make sure it's up to date, and if not, then could have tried completely deleting and reinstalling it. I've done that before, a couple years ago when I was having a different problem with something else. Lol
----

23.05.2016 - 19:11
Taravilyaion
Written by psykometal on 13.02.2016 at 07:21

Written by Taravilyaion on 10.02.2016 at 15:48

What can be the problem?

It depends on whether you're going back and forth between the devices. As far as I'm aware, Metal Storm can only be logged into from one device at a time, so every time you log in from a different device, you're logged out on the last device.

I forgot all about this..
I think it's this 'problem'..
However, I think it should not matter on what or how much devices you log in..
It doesn't happen on (also said before) Facebook, Google, YouTube or numerous other sites I daily check for updates..
----
"The best violence against one is the violence no one ever forgets.."
23.05.2016 - 21:48
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Taravilyaion on 23.05.2016 at 19:11

However, I think it should not matter on what or how much devices you log in..
It doesn't happen on (also said before) Facebook, Google, YouTube or numerous other sites I daily check for updates..

It has to do with how the different sites are coded on a programming level. Those sites are coded to allow multiple logins from multiple devices. Metal Storm, however, is not.

And no, I don't think we'll bother to change that anytime soon because it's not exactly imperative. I personally have no issue with it all because I have my login info saved to my Chrome browser, which is also the browser app I use on my mobile devices, so for me logging in from device to device is a simple button press.
----