Metal Storm logo
H.I.M

26.03.2007 - 12:32
Anathemani@c
No official HIM thread in general.. Sounds weird to me... I dont think that a band like HIM should only have three threads about some alboums or just some of their news.. I opened this thread cause this is a band that has envolved in metal music, but it's fans are based anywhere. Anyone knows HIM and all of us have talked about Ville Valo and his attitude many times. Then, discuss about Ville Valo's attitude or even about the full-length alboums the band has released.
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
26.03.2007 - 13:05
heresiarch
Forever Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnM937AF_8M

here is something from Ville
oh that Natalia
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
26.03.2007 - 14:24
Anathemani@c
Indeed... She is really hot!!!:dshy:
----
Trapped in time
27.03.2007 - 01:12
Bitch Boy
I like this band, the lyrics are the best from them. My favorite album is "Razorblade Romance", excellent production and lyrics, and it has 3 of my favorite songs: "Right here in my arms", "Poison Girl", and "Join me in death", but I enjoy the whole discography, even "Dark Light". About Ville Valo's attitude, I have nothing to say at all.
27.03.2007 - 07:22
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
H.I.M is not a really tallented band, but an enjoyable one imo.
My favorite songs are: "Wicked Game", "Join me In Death", "The funeral of Hearts" and "Stolen Season"
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
27.03.2007 - 07:42
Bitch Boy
Written by The Alchemist on 27.03.2007 at 07:22

Musically they aren't talented, I agree. But the lyric writing is amazing.
27.03.2007 - 07:57
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Bitch Boy on 27.03.2007 at 07:42

Written by The Alchemist on 27.03.2007 at 07:22

Musically they aren't talented, I agree. But the lyric writing is amazing.

In this case, I should pay more attention to the lyrics, in the few things I remember, I agree with you, they're well written
----

Sensorium - Epica
27.03.2007 - 12:13
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
On that video with Natalia, Ville looks like he's on drugs. I must say his attitude pisses me off sometimes. I've seen him drunk on several gigs and occasions, so sometimes it feels as if he didn't care about his fans at all. But HIM has some really good songs, so that's all that matters for me. From the albums I like "Greatest Lovesongs vol. 666" and "Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights" the most. Their latest album was just... My favourite song from them is probably "In Joy and Sorrow".
----
You'll never walk alone.
27.03.2007 - 22:07
Anathemani@c
Written by Ernotar on 27.03.2007 at 12:13

On that video with Natalia, Ville looks like he's on drugs. I must say his attitude pisses me off sometimes. I've seen him drunk on several gigs and occasions, so sometimes it feels as if he didn't care about his fans at all. But HIM has some really good songs, so that's all that matters for me. From the albums I like "Greatest Lovesongs vol. 666" and "Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights" the most. Their latest album was just... My favourite song from them is probably "In Joy and Sorrow".

I think that Ville IS on drugs. Anyway.. I agree with you about the song "In joy and sorrow" , that is one of my favourites but my favourite song is "Close to the flame"
----
Trapped in time
28.03.2007 - 01:04
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
As you can see from the title under my name - I like HIM too.

I couldn't really say which my favourite tracks are - there are so many.
But I do end every day listening to 'Gone With the Sin' , so that must be my most favourite track of all

Ville does drink and smoke too much - I'm not sure about drugs.
But when you consider how important he is to the band , without his songwriting they would be nothing , he is perhaps excused.
The pressure must be quite high on him - he also seems to do all of the publicity as well.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
28.03.2007 - 05:10
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by hanna of steel on 28.03.2007 at 01:04

Ville does drink and smoke too much - I'm not sure about drugs.
But when you consider how important he is to the band , without his songwriting they would be nothing , he is perhaps excused.
The pressure must be quite high on him - he also seems to do all of the publicity as well.

Your point is interesting, it creates another opinion on the band.
I think that Ville might be on drugs, he has a strange appearance, and I've heard some rumours about that
----

Sensorium - Epica
28.03.2007 - 06:22
Bitch Boy
Written by hanna of steel on 28.03.2007 at 01:04

I wouldn't say "nothing" but I agree that most of the success of the band is due to Ville's songwriting and also his image.
28.03.2007 - 11:36
Anathemani@c
I believe that all of you while listening to the name HIM you all bring Ville in your mind. That has to do with his attitude, imo and his whole image as bitch boy said.
----
Trapped in time
28.03.2007 - 20:56
Bitch Boy
@ Anathemani@c: you're right, almost everyone of us think of Ville first. I think this happens to a great number of bands with their vocalists.
29.03.2007 - 01:21
Stratowarrior
i like a lot HIM 'cos i like love and death songs and many are depressive so i like that like sentenced
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
29.03.2007 - 17:11
kannibalKitty666
Account deleted
HIM earlier work is better than their new. I like all albums Prior to "Dark Light" Ville's Voice is amazing.
09.04.2007 - 02:16
Goat-Christ
HIM is a good band. Nothing spectacular or incredible but definitely different. I will admit that Valo's voice is very good but the super HIM fans piss me off to no extent. They're nothing to tattoo yourself over. The only person I think that has any right to BE a super fan is Bam Margera because he actually knows the band and supports their music. What I find strange is that on top of promoting HIM he also promotes Cradle Of Filth. Since this started happening, all of a sudden, Valo is doing guest vocals on the new COF album (which was awful in my opinion aside from one or two songs). Coincidence?
13.04.2007 - 15:25
Milutin
Account deleted
I don't like HIM very much, except for some ballads. I don't like commercial metal bands too much.
13.04.2007 - 15:36
baldur
isnt it the wrong forum for H.I.M???? i think the alternative one is the right one for this band!
13.04.2007 - 20:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
HIM is not really my type of music. But I'll enjoy seeing them live in summer when they open up for Metallica.
----
15.04.2007 - 05:12
Bitch Boy
Written by baldur on 13.04.2007 at 15:36

isnt it the wrong forum for H.I.M???? i think the alternative one is the right one for this band!

Well, Suomi Metal is a form of depressive heavy metal or hard rock, with little gothic influences, that's why it fits better here in the melodic one.
04.06.2007 - 19:30
Murder
HIM is my fav band since some years ago... I love the lyrics...this is the best thing in this band... The best lyrics for me are in GLS vol. 666 and Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights albums... but my fav album is the GLS cause it's the closer album to metal sound... and I think that their EP and demos are good too for the same reason.
I like a lot all their albums... well... except Dark Light, this album don't like me completely...in my opinion is their worst album.

And simply, they like me cause their sound is different and I'm feel to identify with many HIM songs...
Simply they roxxx!!! XDD
08.06.2007 - 03:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I must admit I really dont like HIM at all. But unlike most people who dislike HIM Ive actually listened to alot of the music and dont dislike them simply because there associated with 13 year old mallcore types, thats just ignorance. The first reason is Villes whiney voice, ok whatever, sometimes I can put vocals aside and focus on the music, which I have to admit isnt all bad, except for the fact that they completely ripped off The 69 Eyes in alot of places, which angers me wuite a bit.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.06.2007 - 14:22
Piro
I've tried HIM, had a bunch of their songs, and a bunch of Goths kept pressing me to listen to them. I think they use too much pop influences in their instrumental music. Some of their lyrics are good though. I have to say, I did like the song "Killing Lonliness"
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
11.06.2007 - 11:54
diJana
Account deleted
few years ago HIM was my favourite band. But now I haven't listen to them for about one year long or more. mabye because now I listen to a little different music.
In my opinion the bests albums of HIM are "greatest lovesongs vol.666" and "razorblade romance" - the first albums. I need more power in their songs now.
Talking about Ville Valo I think he is a little oddly. I've read somewhere that he smokes very often because he wants to have lower voice. hm... I don't know it is true or no, but it seems crazy for me. furthermore I think his voice is very nice now. but it's not mine business.
23.09.2007 - 09:56
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
This band isn't even really metal, as far as I'm concerned this thread shouldn't be on here,and I'm sure many would agree with me. I think this band is worthless, but all of you are sure welcome to think what you want...this is also definitely the wrong forum for this band...
14.10.2007 - 01:57
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
I don't think they are metal at all, and they're one of the most overrated bands ever, they became popular by being commercial and Ville's looks. Besides, they're not gothic. And such genre as LOVE METAL doesn't exist
14.10.2007 - 02:04
Olli
I personally wouldn't class them as metal. However I do quite like them. The new album "Venus Doom" is a big step down though in my opinion, I've lost interest in them. I did like "Love Metal" and "Razorblade Romance" quite a lot though.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
14.10.2007 - 02:36
Fuath
wtf? anyone can play guitar, theyr not metal, in most peoples opinions theyr mainstream faggots, its like saying that the used play good music and are an awesome death metal band, but in reality, are really actually emo faggots:nogood:
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

17.01.2008 - 02:19
RockeRoy
I would say that in my opinion Him is total crap and i would rate them ass the absolute worst band ever! i would rather listen to my grandmother fart for an hour than listen to Him! sadly i had no choise a couple of years ago when i went to school because my roommate was a big fan, and so was many others there! they all had that ridiculous half a pentagram half a hart tatoo!!
Some of you are saying that you don't dislike them because they are associated with 13 year olds and fags! and i agree that is not a reason to dislike anything, but i addition to make worthless music!
Yeah yeah!!! i call i "Fag Metal"
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell