Metal Storm logo
Best bonus track ever

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 26.03.2007 - 17:05
well, we know people like to throw random things in when they decide to reissue an album with a european, japanese or just plain simple bonus track, just to make loads of cash so generally, these are more commercial or just plain bad.
but for me the exceptions are:
nightwish-sleeping sun(wtf??? how can they think not to put this on the oceanborn cd?? it's probably their best ballad ever, and that's saying a mouthful, and the song below is probably their best "heavy" song, and that's not saying much lol but it fucking delivers)
nightwish-nightquest. this is just brilliant, a fucking heavy riff, great piano solo, and it kind of reminds me of priest's electric eye in a way..

nostradameus-scream of anger
hammerfall-detroit rock city
both are covers, both are just fucking awesome. why oh why didn't hammerfall just forget the other stuff, that song is so awesome i didn't even hear the other bonus tracks and i can surely say it's probably the best one.

judas priest-hellbent for leather(79): let's see now: priest+hellbent for leather+1979+live+unleashed in the east+rob FUCKING halford+tipton and downing=

out of the list, i choose sleeping sun.
07.12.2011 - 00:00
Written by J4m35t on 19.09.2011 at 05:33

Written by Guest on 18.09.2011 at 00:14

Written by J4m35t on 16.09.2011 at 01:39

Written by Guest on 15.09.2011 at 07:45

Written by J4m35t on 15.09.2011 at 05:06

Written by Guest on 13.09.2011 at 07:08

Written by J4m35t on 12.09.2011 at 04:53

Id also say painkiller by Death its the best song tehy ever written

I hope you know that's a Judas Priest song.

No its a death song its on there album sound of persevering

are you serious??? haven't you ever heard of "covers" or "cover versions"?

yes Death has some good covers scream bloody gore and human are my favorite covers

so you don't know what a "cover version" is...

A "cover (version)" is a new version/performance/recording of a previously released song by another artist; so Painkiller is a Judas Priest song but Death did their own version of it.

but isn't that steeling

Oh god, I hope it's a troll! Hahaha
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
07.12.2011 - 00:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Cool story bros, how about we do something about that quote pyramid?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.12.2011 - 03:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.12.2011 at 00:13

Cool story bros, how about we do something about that quote pyramid?

check out J4m35t ip multiple account and clearly created to troll
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.12.2011 - 05:54
Pazu
Probably 'Light My Fire' by Amorphis. Lol, just kidding, but that song is hilarious.
I don't know though, there are so many great bonus tracks. Lately I've been enjoying 'Eternal Light' by Dark Empire a great deal.
08.12.2011 - 06:20
Sacrificial
Don't know about the best, but "A Symbol of Eight" from Bolt Thrower's "Those Once Loyal"-album is a candidate. Can't understand why it isn't included in the original release
06.12.2012 - 05:30
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Ashen by Katatonia is really awesome. It's heavy, has a catchy rhythm, and has a very beautiful chorus. Sulfur by the same band sounds very similar to Chrome, but better (acoustic guitar intro ftw).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
12.01.2013 - 16:57
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Well, I can't decide between these:

1. At The Gates' cover of Slaughter Lord, Legion;
2. Snow by Kamelot;
3. Dark Tranquillity's cover of Iron Maiden, 22 Acacia Avenue;
4. Morbid Angel's Lord Of All Fevers & Plague (this one IS a bonus track, too. It wasn't included in the original vinyl, but it was included later in the CD);
5. Total Eclipse by Iron Maiden.