Metal Storm logo
Italian Doom Metal

Poll

Witch Is Best Doom Metal Band From Italy?

Other(Name)
Forgotten Tomb
Void of Silence
How Like a Winter
Doomsword
Cultus Sanguine
Serenades
Abysmal Grief
Thunderstorm

Total votes: 26
23.05.2006 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Forgotten Tomb - They play Black/Doom Metal.
They music are Torturous, bleak suicidal music with screams. Glorification of depression and suicide to the maximum.
They are my fav black/doom metal band.
Home Page www.forgottentomb.com

Abysmal Grief - Dreamy and atmospheric doom/dark-metal which at times leans more towards darkwave. Interesting use of organ/keyboards and uses both grunts and clean vocals. Pretty original stuff.
Home Page: www.abysmalgrief.com

What Can I say About Cultus Sanguine. Well weird and original dark metal with black, doom and goth elements. Despite the Black-metal elements they have a very sad and melancholic sound.
Its just amazing But band has no home page. This is best album of band "The Sum of All Fears'' I think released in 1999 or 2000.

Doomsword: Well If you like Manowar you like this band.
Mixture of Manowar and Epic tradional Doom. Take the Doomiest songs Manowar released, add a tiny bit more doom to it, and you will have a good idea as to how Doomsword sounds

Serenades: They are amazing, amazing
Early Anathema and My Dying Bride inspired Death/Doom band with tendencies towards Gothic-Metal. Relatively heavy use of keyboards to set the atmosphere, creating a rather grand allure to the music. The vocals vary between wailing in the tradition of Aaron's (My Dying Bride) clean vocals and grunts. Overall lengthy and majestic-sounding compositions
thay had 2 albums and they are greaat.
"The Age of Purity''
"Ionia". I had lost this CD, damn

Thunderstorm: Candlemass fans like it, and Iced earth too.
Stunning traditional Doom-metal the way Candlemass used to make it! Slow and epic lamentations mixed with traces of Iced Earth! This is something for all the Candlemass fans longing for a trip back to those glory days, or just fans of solid slow heavy metal

How Like a Winter: This is not my style of doom, but lyrics are amazing.
Mixture of Gothic-metal and Doom-metal from Italy. The band took their name from a sonnet by William Shakespeare and present the listener with a mixture of fragile melodies and sad doom-metal. The band uses violin, keys and also the occasional acoustic guitar to get their sad message across. Female and male vocals (clean, whisper and grunts) are also mixed, but the male vocals seem to dominate the music. Unlike most metal bands, who are dominated by males, with perhaps one female vocalist, How like a Winter divides the duties equally, consisting off 3 females and 3 males.
Only album is "...Beyond My Grey Wake''
www.howlikeawinter.it

Void of Silence - Dark, twisted band with an unusual, experimental sound similar to that of Esoteric, but with more emphasis on dark industrial elements and unique vocals that cover the whole spectrum of black metal shrieks to monk chants. Their latest opus 'Human antithesis' has a more epic feel to it, due to the recruitment of vocalist Alan Nemtheanga
www.voidofsilence.com

Other(Name): Well I know some 6-9 doom metal bands from Italy, but there are no much left.

Why I open it. Well there are so many topics about germany, french and best of, witch is best band of these or this vs that, so I choose open about Italy.
I like Italian band lyricks, specely doom metal, they are amazing.
I think Italian doom metal bands are most poetical in world, maybe Poema Arcanus is first, but then Italy and "Vampire" Area, by "Vampire Area" I mean Hungary, Czech Repuvlic, Bulgaria and Rumania.
Maybe some day I open about frenxh doom metal, because there are some great bands too, not so much but still some
For Example Distress.

My fav doom metal lyric are Poema Arcanus "Female Poison"

Other bands what you shood hear are:
17 Days, Abysmal Grief, April Fish(yes ist some kind a funny name but music are good)
Alos Beatrik, Arcana Coleastia, Austerity, Black Hole, Blackland, Blood Stained Host, Bloody Wings, Consummatum Est, Circus of Damnation, Deep Well of Horror, Cultus Sanguine, Dark Quarterer, Doomsword, Doomenicus, Doomraiser, Elysium Field's, Enoch, How Like a Winter, In Aevum Agere, L'Impero Delle Ombre, Labyrinthus Noctis, Lymph of Wisdoom, Malasangre, Mournful Grace, Obscura Nocte, Power Beyond Paolo Catena(AKA Paul Chain), Ras Algethi, Remember November, Sleeping Village, Sortilegium, Thunderstorm, Unholy Cross, Veiled Moon(italian verse about Empyrium),
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2006 - 12:36
RavenClaw
Account deleted
from the bands above I've only listened to Cultus Sanguine, How Like a Winter and Void of Silence. All 3 of them sound very good, but How Like a Winter is absolutely amazing
23.05.2006 - 14:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 12:36

from the bands above I've only listened to Cultus Sanguine, How Like a Winter and Void of Silence. All 3 of them sound very good, but How Like a Winter is absolutely amazing

For you its easier how for me, Romania are prity close to Italy and you had something who unite you, similar language and dunno, but something what unite you more how me and italy, and for you its easier get albums, cd's how me here.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2006 - 20:28
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 23.05.2006 at 14:12

For you its easier how for me, Romania are prity close to Italy and you had something who unite you, similar language and dunno, but something what unite you more how me and italy, and for you its easier get albums, cd's how me here.

No, no! Here you just can't walk into a store and buy metal, you must ask first, and bare their stair, then walk out. This is how it happens here.

I'm not going to vote, cuz I dunno half of those bands, but what can you recommend.
PS: I do miss Novembre from the list though.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.05.2006 - 20:31
__Az__
A nice list of doom bands there...

However, i chose other because Canaan was nowhere to be seen....
23.05.2006 - 21:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 23.05.2006 at 20:28

Written by Bad English on 23.05.2006 at 14:12

No, no! Here you just can't walk into a store and buy metal, you must ask first, and bare their stair, then walk out. This is how it happens here.

I'm not going to vote, cuz I dunno half of those bands, but what can you recommend.
PS: I do miss Novembre from the list though.

Man here are same, and here is posible by a lot of eligal CD, but I think in Romania to, well and I dont mention November, because I newer had hear hem
I mention bands what I had hear
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2006 - 22:00
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
My favorite are Blood Thirsty Demons, just a great trad doom metal band, after this I'd go with Doomsword & Thuderstorm, 2 other great metal bands!
24.05.2006 - 12:39
Damnated
Churchburner
You never heard Novembre? Damn, that's to bad, cuz they are very good, playing death/doom with some progressive sounds, often they remind me of Opeth.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.05.2006 - 14:11
RavenClaw
Account deleted
damn, I;ve forget how Novembre sounds like, I've listened to them some while ago, but can't remember... I have to search on the internet for them
24.05.2006 - 14:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know november, but I try chech them and I remeber once Foschino say something about them, if thay sound slike Opeth then its great
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2006 - 14:00
Hellish Star
Doomsword, although I think these guys don't play pure doom metal.... but I know, it's hard to label them.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
26.05.2006 - 14:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 26.05.2006 at 14:00

Doomsword, although I think these guys don't play pure doom metal.... but I know, it's hard to label them.

When I saw you're last who post her, I just think you gonna wote for them
Because reading your post and know what music you like, I guess and gues corect
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2006 - 16:35
Soul less
Account deleted
If only Novembre were an option.

Eventhough, Forgotten Tomb & How Like a Winter are great bands.

26.05.2006 - 16:39
Damnated
Churchburner
@K7 do you use Soulseek?
----

26.05.2006 - 17:27
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
this is an easy one for me as i usually dont really like doommetal,
i choose How Like A Winter, their video for All The Seasons Of Madness is easily my most favourite music video over, the song is also one of my favourite songs, and their lyrics are simply superb,

from this list i also like Doomsword, probably also because it's a rather untypical doommetal band
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
26.05.2006 - 19:14
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
A doom band from Italy and Novembre isn't even cited? What a weird thread...

But whetever , for me the best doom band from Italy is Of Course Novembre, one of the most underrated bands of the moment...

I loved their music since I listened to Nevembrine Waltz, their style is quite unique, the tone of voice is superb, the song are nicely built I really like what this band is doing... I din't listen to heir last album called 'Materia' if I remember well but Novembrine Waltz and Dreams D'azur are just great stuff!

If you wanna listen to an italian band I strongly recommend Novembre
27.05.2006 - 21:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.05.2006 at 19:14

A doom band from Italy and Novembre isn't even cited? What a weird thread...

But whetever , for me the best doom band from Italy is Of Course Novembre, one of the most underrated bands of the moment...

I loved their music since I listened to Nevembrine Waltz, their style is quite unique, the tone of voice is superb, the song are nicely built I really like what this band is doing... I din't listen to heir last album called 'Materia' if I remember well but Novembrine Waltz and Dreams D'azur are just great stuff!

If you wanna listen to an italian band I strongly recommend Novembre

Well those bands what I mention are werry werry good, and just now my fav Italian band are new Pino Scotto band

But you must agree Italian and Franch metal, even german are low rated
Dunno why?

You know band from France Distress... ?

@Damneted what is soulseek? File sgaring program?
I use DC++
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2006 - 19:02
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 27.05.2006 at 21:26

@Damneted what is soulseek? File sgaring program?
I use DC++

Yes, it's better then DC++, for me it is, cuz I suck with DC

ANyways, I've just discovered another great band from Italy: Beatrik. Awsome black/doom, with some funeral influences, I highly recommend them
----

28.05.2006 - 20:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Damneted I will try them, thanx man

BTW I use DC++ and I foud Romanian doom meytal hub, but Romania is far from me and all are slow there
----

apos;'
[image]
29.05.2006 - 04:51
Kami-Sama
Account deleted
Of all those bands up there I only know Doomsword, and they are one exelent epic doom metal band. I have Resound the Horn I higly recomend it to any epic doom metal fan. Also there is an exelent gothic/funeral doom form Italy, it's called Consummatum Est, they have a 3 song album, very good one by the way. I also recomend it to every good doom metal fan. There is also from Italy Novembre, who is a doom/death with some gothic influences.
Really, Italy has many good doom metal to offer
29.05.2006 - 10:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.05.2006 at 04:51

Of all those bands up there I only know Doomsword, and they are one exelent epic doom metal band. I have Resound the Horn I higly recomend it to any epic doom metal fan. Also there is an exelent gothic/funeral doom form Italy, it's called Consummatum Est, they have a 3 song album, very good one by the way. I also recomend it to every good doom metal fan. There is also from Italy Novembre, who is a doom/death with some gothic influences.
Really, Italy has many good doom metal to offer

Try Forgotten Tomb, thay are in Metal Storm and in home page shoud be full MP3, last time I cech before year there was one song whit same title "Forgotten Tomb" now dunno
----

apos;'
[image]
31.05.2006 - 15:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 24.05.2006 at 12:39

You never heard Novembre? Damn, that's to bad, cuz they are very good, playing death/doom with some progressive sounds, often they remind me of Opeth.

Man I just found in My PC one nOvember song "Distances" and you're wright thay are like Opeth, I will dounloud all albums, and band are great and amazing
I like them, but its only one song, and seems Opeth coppy, or Opeth are coppy November, cause Novembere are older band
----

apos;'
[image]
31.05.2006 - 17:08
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 31.05.2006 at 15:17

Written by Damnated on 24.05.2006 at 12:39

Man I just found in My PC one nOvember song "Distances" and you're wright thay are like Opeth, I will dounloud all albums, and band are great and amazing
I like them, but its only one song, and seems Opeth coppy, or Opeth are coppy November, cause Novembere are older band

Well, I think Opeth developed their style sooner then Novembre, but I can't say it for shure. The thing is, that IMO Novembre uses opethian themes, they're not entirely copiing them.
----

31.05.2006 - 17:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well maybe idont think Opeth know about them in begining of 90ties and thay know about Opeth, but thay albums mix Dan Swano, so who knows, maybe ....

But in secend album, is this Duce who standing and "salut" to people in "Piaze Del Duomo"
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2006 - 01:49
Kami-Sama
Account deleted
@ Kariasakis7 I listened to Forgotten tomb, but sorry man what can I say, I didn't really like it And I don't really believe Novembre sound quite like Opeth, perhaps just a little bit.
02.06.2006 - 01:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 02.06.2006 at 01:49

@ Kariasakis7 I listened to Forgotten tomb, but sorry man what can I say, I didn't really like it And I don't really believe Novembre sound quite like Opeth, perhaps just a little bit.

Well Forgoten Tomb are mots extrieme band what I meantion, and well Novembre sounds for me like Opeth, not so much,. but lil' bit, seems I goona dounloud all Novembre albums, BTW Opetha nd Novembre start like pure oldschool death metal
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2006 - 18:59
RavenClaw
Account deleted
I've listened now to Novembre, great band I must say... they're coming to Romania and I can't see them
02.06.2006 - 23:04
Detric
King Of Twilight
I love Forgotten Tomb, among my favourite black metal bands. So they got my vote.
05.06.2006 - 09:31
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 02.06.2006 at 01:56

BTW Opeth and Novembre start like pure oldschool death metal

I didn't listen to Wish I Could Dream It Again yet, although I just got it, but I can state the thing, that Opeth was never oldschool death metal. They played a melo, progish DM, with long songs and beautiful guitar work.
----

07.06.2006 - 00:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 05.06.2006 at 09:31

Written by Bad English on 02.06.2006 at 01:56

BTW Opeth and Novembre start like pure oldschool death metal

I didn't listen to Wish I Could Dream It Again yet, although I just got it, but I can state the thing, that Opeth was never oldschool death metal. They played a melo, progish DM, with long songs and beautiful guitar work.

I dunno how Opeth sounds in demo era firts demo, whit name not Opeth but other? O read it was death metal.
----

apos;'
[image]