Metal Storm logo
Best Shadows Fall Album

Poll

In your oppinion, which of these is your favorite Shadows Fall album?

The Art Of Balance
The War Within
Other
Somber eyes to the Sky
Of One Blood

Total votes: 14
06.04.2007 - 02:47
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I deleted the old Topic and opened a new one because I forgot to add the "other" option and they just recently released Threads of life. In order to make any choice possible, I decided to put their first four albums on the list because any one of those four would be the most likely choice. And I put the other up because well.....you never know. Anyway recast your votes and tell us why you feel that way. Or if you didn't vote before, you can come do it now.

As for me, I vote Art of Balance because I feel it has the best Lyrics and is when they reached the Pinacle of their Musical skill.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
08.04.2007 - 01:28
Danny Thomas
the art of balance was the first shadows fall album i ever heard and its still my favorite(i own of one blood and war within, and have listened to somber eyes to the sky) just to make sure i went abck and relistend to the other albums for comparison, and they don;t strike me as hard. take my favorite song "Mystery Of One Spirit",it has a solo at the beggining of the song, and then it goes all softer and acoustic sounding(suprised the hell out of me the first tiem i heard it, but had me hooked) after the second chorus for about 40 seconds then into another solo, then finishes witht he second verse and back into the chorus. this was one of my first metal(that wasnt nu/industrial metal like disturbed, korn, rammstein, or spineshank) and even though my tastes ahev changed a lot, i still can apreciate this cd(not to mention they were great live)
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
08.04.2007 - 07:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Danny Thomas on 08.04.2007 at 01:28

.....I own of one blood.....

Yeah but just to speak about Of one blood, it's good and Brutal. I love the songs "Crushing Belial" and "To ashes" which was on their origional album. great listen
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

08.04.2007 - 19:13
Danny Thomas
Written by Arian Totalis on 08.04.2007 at 07:12

Written by Danny Thomas on 08.04.2007 at 01:28

.....I own of one blood.....

Yeah but just to speak about Of one blood, it's good and Brutal. I love the songs "Crushing Belial" and "To ashes" which was on their origional album. great listen

it is a decently brutal albume, i love "to ashes " also, and i really like "Montauk" it has a badass solo and "of one blood" has a solo i love too. come to think of it there isn't a bad song on the album(well the intro song is kinda pointless, but other than that) i'm glad you brought it up, i had forgotten how much i liked this album too.
----
08.04.2007 - 23:54
Dan066
Account deleted
My favorite is "The War Within", it has their greatest songs such as "Enlightened By The Cold", "The Power Of I and I", and "The Light That Blinds". I got "Threads of Life" recently and it's really good, but I think I need to listen to it more before I know which one is better. For now, my favorite is The War Within.
09.04.2007 - 01:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 08.04.2007 at 23:54

My favorite is "The War Within", it has their greatest songs such as "Enlightened By The Cold", "The Power Of I and I", and "The Light That Blinds". I got "Threads of Life" recently and it's really good, but I think I need to listen to it more before I know which one is better. For now, my favorite is The War Within.

Yeah that is definitly one of their best. I don't think it's as good as the art of balance however.
Some of my favorite songs from that album are "Those who can not speak" and "The light that blinds"
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.04.2007 - 04:11
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
Definately The Art of Balance, the first Shadows Fall album I heard, matter of a fact that was the landslide that led me further into the dark dungeon known as metal.
09.04.2007 - 19:54
Danny Thomas
Written by Guest on 09.04.2007 at 04:11

Definately The Art of Balance, the first Shadows Fall album I heard, matter of a fact that was the landslide that led me further into the dark dungeon known as metal.

me too! i think the heaviest band i listened to before that was maybe korn or spineshank.
----
11.04.2007 - 04:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Danny Thomas on 09.04.2007 at 19:54

me too! i think the heaviest band i listened to before that was maybe korn or spineshank.

Me Three actually. I borrowed it and two other things from a friend of mine and it sort of was clear water from there. Then I showed the album to the guy you just quoted and it was clear sailing for him as well XD. Oh Shadows Fall, where would we be without thou?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

11.04.2007 - 06:04
Danny Thomas
Written by Arian Totalis on 11.04.2007 at 04:02

Written by Danny Thomas on 09.04.2007 at 19:54

Me Three actually. I borrowed it and two other things from a friend of mine and it sort of was clear water from there. Then I showed the album to the guy you just quoted and it was clear sailing for him as well XD. Oh Shadows Fall, where would we be without thou?

well, im kind of scared to think of the alternatives. who knows, without shadows fall and metal, we might have ended up emo : O (Odin please don't strike me down for such blasphemies : D) remember kids, everytime a emo kid cries, a vikign is summoned from the pagan lands and destroys him : D!!
----