Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Launch Crowdfunding, Reach First Goal

Wintersun's third full length album, The Forest Seasons, is now available for pre-order. The band launched their crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for their own headquarter studio and the first goal has been reached. You can order the new album included in the massive "Forest Package" directly from the band, which includes the digital high quality files of the new album as well as the instrumental version of the release, a version with isolated tracks and both their last two albums with a remastered sound. In addition, you will also receive the audio of the band's show "Live At Tuska 2013".

This package can be purchased through indiegogo throughout the month of March. Once the campaign ends, the crowdfunding package will no longer be available.

Watch the campaign video of Wintersun including snippets of new song material here:

In July, Nuclear Blast will release the physical formats of The Forest Seasons (the pre-order will start soon) and on the same day, you will receive the download link for "The Forest Package" if you purchased the album directly from the band.

Source: indiegogo.com
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 02.03.2017 by poison-evie

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 383 users
02.03.2017 - 22:52
Rot Teufel
Written by FeskarN on 02.03.2017 at 17:22

They have stated that all of the materials is 100% done.

I was thinking from what he has written about that just The Forest Season was 100% done and he just need this studio to finalize everyhting.
Anyway since his leitmotiv was "my pc is old and slow and i can't produce anything good as i wish", it sounds strange he have accomplished to remaster his previous work without his new own studio he needs so much.
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
02.03.2017 - 23:50
HyperDrifter
I was going to support this crowdfunding campaign but then I saw the price and what you get for it.

Over and over, fans demanded how much this would cost and Jari would always mention the word "affordable". I thought it was going to be between 15 - 30 euros, not the excessive 50 euros it turned out to be...

Wintersun are one of my favourite bands but I'd rather just wait for The Forest Seasons to be released normally by Nuclear Blast so I get it at a reasonable price.

There should have been more options to support at a lower level as, such as pre-purchase of the new album only. Another option would have been to buy the album along with the live album and remasters as well. The 5k booklet and isolated tracks I just simply won't care about.
03.03.2017 - 06:36
marshalldml
I still think the studio thing is bullshit.
If he can make a great album and remaster the old albums now without a studio,then he doesn't need one.
And I have a bad felling that getting him that studio may make the future albums worse since he seems to want to be Nightwish~
03.03.2017 - 14:53
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
He will thank his fanboys while he relaxes in the Sauna he's obviously going to build. The guy is a joke.
03.03.2017 - 16:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Belegûr on 03.03.2017 at 14:53

He will thank his fanboys while he relaxes in the Sauna he's obviously going to build. The guy is a joke.

Nah... The fans are the joke
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
03.03.2017 - 18:43
moe5512
I disliked his video, I'm very angry
03.03.2017 - 19:15
Dave FC
Wow, new music here. I am really interested on the new album... But, seriously, 750000?? That's a lot of coffee. Just like 300000 cups lol.
03.03.2017 - 23:25
cossaisVendeurs
I've just watched the video to see what crap, Jari is actually spouting, but at the end, he says "To the stars" in a way as if his mum is in the next room and he doesn't want her to hear him.
04.03.2017 - 03:03
Giza
I don't understand why does he need to BUILD a new studio, when he can just take some old unused property and convert it into a studio? This seriously baffles me.
As much as I like their music, I'm not paying 50 eurobucks for digital content only. And why isn't there a lower tier if I just want the new material instead of all the other stuff?
Jari is insane.
04.03.2017 - 09:41
marshalldml
Written by Giza on 04.03.2017 at 03:03

I don't understand why does he need to BUILD a new studio, when he can just take some old unused property and convert it into a studio? This seriously baffles me.
As much as I like their music, I'm not paying 50 eurobucks for digital content only. And why isn't there a lower tier if I just want the new material instead of all the other stuff?
Jari is insane.

Well,maybe he knows the fanboys are more insane to support him.
04.03.2017 - 11:44
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by Karlabos on 03.03.2017 at 16:35

Nah... The fans are the joke

I don't think they are mutually exclusive.
04.03.2017 - 12:21
Metren
Dreadrealm

Haha! Thanks for the laugh, man

Also, FUCK crowdfunding, not just for Jari, but all crowdfunding. Getting paid in advance for your "goals" means you don't care enough about your goals to go through all the bleeding and sweating that people used to go through to realize their goals. I have an ambition to release several albums before I die and I would rather die having not released them than release them by begging for money for work I have yet to do.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
05.03.2017 - 13:42
Rapid Fire
One thing is for sure: wether he gets the money or not, wether he finally he's able or not to build his studio, Jari has been doing an excellent self-advertising campaign for years. Every time there's a post or a piece of news about him or the band there's a great amount of people commenting or at least checking, even if they don't like the band and do it out of curiosity only, or to type negative things.

On topic: never really interested on this band, in fact I consider them overrated, so no doubt about how much I'm giving them
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
05.03.2017 - 19:48
Neoxx07
Never underestimate the Wintersun fans lol
05.03.2017 - 19:54
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Neoxx07 on 05.03.2017 at 19:48

Never underestimate the Wintersun fans lol

That's the main thing I learnt from all this mess. Hahaha
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
05.03.2017 - 21:58
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Saidar on 02.03.2017 at 22:36

I don't doubt for a second they'll get all the money they want. I'm nevertheless baffled at these people, the package is insanely overpriced for what it offers. And Jari keeps getting more ridiculous by each passing day, talented musician but such a pretentious person, extremely off-putting.

I wouldn't call it overpriced. If you would've had to get them all separately, you would've paid 100-120 euros and they are selling the new album, along with the first 2, plus an additional live album, booklets and the other stuff. Jari is a bit of an ass, but I would say that the price is insanely cheap actually. Chipped in some 50 bucks.
05.03.2017 - 22:22
Mario Montes
I guess you all people saying this is overpriced have never gone into a music store and checked how much a music album really costs, do you?. That's the only explanation I can find to justify the word "overpriced" here... 3 new albums in a music store can easily cost 50 ? by themselves, and in this package you receive the new album, plus two remastered albums, plus a live album and all the rest. How the hell could somebody think this is overpriced??? The money goal has been already reached, which means the album will be released and you all will be able to get it isolated, so what's the problem with helping your favorite band releasing a new album and having all these things???
05.03.2017 - 22:45
Oakdude
For everyone saying it's overpriced, I agree 50? is a bit much when you dont get anything 'real', all digital, but for people looking to to play their songs its definitely worth it because of the isolated tracks.

But the 'AMAZING' digital booklets with 'art' is a little... yeah...
05.03.2017 - 23:02
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Mario Montes on 05.03.2017 at 22:22

I guess you all people saying this is overpriced have never gone into a music store and checked how much a music album really costs, do you?. That's the only explanation I can find to justify the word "overpriced" here... 3 new albums in a music store can easily cost 50 � by themselves, and in this package you receive the new album, plus two remastered albums, plus a live album and all the rest. How the hell could somebody think this is overpriced??? The money goal has been already reached, which means the album will be released and you all will be able to get it isolated, so what's the problem with helping your favorite band releasing a new album and having all these things???

Everyone is allowed to spend their money as they want.

But it's easy to find physical copies for 12-13 euros each. Double and triple CD packages usually cost less than the proportional increase in size.
And this is digital download (bands tend to sell full albums for 3 to 7 euros on Bandcamp, as an example. 50 bucks for that is called stealing).
And most of this package is rehash and redundant (Isolated tracks? Seriously? Who gives a fuck?).
And the money is used to feed the ego of Mr Maenpaa (No album requires a personal studio. Not a single one).
Conclusion: It's overpriced and the band is exploiting the fanboyness of their fans.
06.03.2017 - 04:02
The Evergreen
So I'm all conflicted about this: I love Wintersun, but a private studio? Really? How much does Petrax or 5k or even Finnvox charge? Jari can't even try to tell me that these places aren't adequate.I look at what some bands have done with a PC and a DAW and I just have to shake my head when Jari bitches about not having the right gear.
06.03.2017 - 17:39
paragraph7
Written by Vombatus on 05.03.2017 at 23:02

Written by Mario Montes on 05.03.2017 at 22:22

I guess you all people saying this is overpriced have never gone into a music store and checked how much a music album really costs, do you?. That's the only explanation I can find to justify the word "overpriced" here... 3 new albums in a music store can easily cost 50 � by themselves, and in this package you receive the new album, plus two remastered albums, plus a live album and all the rest. How the hell could somebody think this is overpriced??? The money goal has been already reached, which means the album will be released and you all will be able to get it isolated, so what's the problem with helping your favorite band releasing a new album and having all these things???

Everyone is allowed to spend their money as they want.

But it's easy to find physical copies for 12-13 euros each. Double and triple CD packages usually cost less than the proportional increase in size.
And this is digital download (bands tend to sell full albums for 3 to 7 euros on Bandcamp, as an example. 50 bucks for that is called stealing).
And most of this package is rehash and redundant (Isolated tracks? Seriously? Who gives a fuck?).
And the money is used to feed the ego of Mr Maenpaa (No album requires a personal studio. Not a single one).
Conclusion: It's overpriced and the band is exploiting the fanboyness of their fans.

To be fair, the isolated tracks would be the only reason I would be interested in buying that package, because knowing Jari, the mix will sound like a generic hollywood film score and not like a metal record, and then I can just mute the orchestras and all that unnecessary shit and just listen to the band. Not worth 50 bucks though.
08.03.2017 - 03:12
mikeprado30
Written by Vombatus on 02.03.2017 at 15:28

50� for a fucking album. No less. Can they be more greedy?

Is not just the album, is a VERY COMPLETE package with special editions of Time and homonymous album and another nice bonuses.

I'd get it, but I'm ATM off money
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
08.03.2017 - 16:18
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by mikeprado30 on 08.03.2017 at 03:12

Is not just the album, is a VERY COMPLETE package with special editions of Time and homonymous album and another nice bonuses.

If you read my previous post, you'll understand that 50 bucks for some digital files in order to build a studio with sauna can hardly be considered honest.
12.03.2017 - 01:45
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I love Wintersun's music, but I think it's a bit absurd how they're handling the whole fundraising thing (not that I'm against fans having an opportunity to help out their favorite bands). I'm just not willing to pay 50 euros (about $53) for this unless there was like merch to go with it, so I'll wait until the physical album is out which will hopefully be a lot cheaper by then.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
12.03.2017 - 08:23
Nicko's Nose
Wow this Jari guy is pretty obnoxious.

Also, that amount of money for no actual physical copies of any of the albums is too much.
20.03.2017 - 16:19
abysss
Written by Sword_Chant on 02.03.2017 at 16:16

Written by FeskarN on 02.03.2017 at 14:48

Someone need to make a meme of Jari with that "To The STARS!"

TO THE SAUNAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Good Idea

I made it, here:

http://imgur.com/a/5m6RO

Hits total: 6100 | This month: 14