Metal Storm logo
Inanimate Existence - Cameron Porras Denies Rape Allegations

Following the news that The Faceless dropped Inanimate Existence off their tour due to a rape allegation made against one of the band members, it has now been revealed that the member being accused is Cameron Porras. Inanimate Existence's founder, guitarist and vocalist has denied all accusations in a Facebook post that you can read below.

Statement by Cameron Porras: "Hey everybody I wanted to clear the air about whats been going on with us and The Faceless. I want to preface this whole thing by saying I am 1000% against rape. It's one of the most heinous things a human can do to another human that leaves life long mental damage and I wouldn't nor couldn't bring that kind of harm to someone. Anyone who knows me I'm sure will tell you that I'm a gentle person who doesn't like confrontation and all I want is to make people happy. Our band theme is all about spiritual growth and love that's who I am. I know exactly who I am and will not let something like this change my outlook on life. I have never been to jail, never been to juvenile hall, never a violent crime, nothing. It's all public record so feel free to check.

"If you or someone you know has been raped PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO TO THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY. That is the only way to achieve justice in a situation like this. This situation has nothing to do with Ron or Scott and I'm sorry to them that they are lumped in with this situation.

"So the story begins 10 or 11 years ago when I was in high school. My friend had a girlfriend who was really mentally unstable and would cut her wrists quite often and be sent to psych wards (There's nothing wrong with that I have many many friends who deal with mental trauma daily.) One day my friend calls me and tells me that she is telling everybody that I raped her. He also mentioned that she accused several other people around the same time. Him being my close friend since middle school did not believe for a second that I did because he knew both me and her very well. At the time I told her the same thing I'd tell anyone in that situation, that she needs to go to the police if she was raped. It's not a joke. It's not some game. It's a serious thing that cannot be taken lightly. She never did anything and never contacted me again and after her and my friend stopped seeing each other I never saw her again.

"Now flash forward to yesterday morning. Ron wakes me up telling me that this girl is making allegations again to the faceless and I tried to explain myself but in todays world it doesnt seem to matter what the truth is, even an allegation is grounds for you to lose great opportunities. This girl happens to be friends with ken from The Faceless and so they seemed to immediately want jump on the opportunity to blow up this literal high school drama on the internet 10 years later. I really wish that they would have handled it like adults because it's not fair to any of the parties involved and especially its not fair to the many many women out there who really have been raped. I refuse to entertain the faceless's detective fantasy. It's not their place and they should be ashamed of themselves for taking away power from someone who has a real accusation. The police will help you, the faceless will cause an internet shit storm (which is all she wanted in the first place).

"Situations like these really show you who really knows you and has your back and I'm lucky to have good friends who stand by me. I will not let this women destroy who I am. I will continue writing music about love, growth, and understanding. As a free thinking person myself I implore all of you to think for yourself and not get caught up in this whirlwind of hate.

"This will be my only public statement about this situation because I do not want to feed my positive energy into such a petty drama. It hurts my heart to think that someone out there may think it's true =(

"So like I said if you or someone you know was raped or abused or anything at all please seek justice immediately, it's the best way to get actual evidence that will help your case. Just talking shit online is not the way to handle business and it's harmful to our growth as a society. I wish you all the best. Please be good to each other. We are all in this world together and no one deserves to be hurt.
With much love,
-Cam"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Inanimate Existence
Posted: 20.11.2017 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 48 users
20.11.2017 - 23:15
WinterMadness
False allegations can ruin someone's life, even if they're proven false. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty etc.. So I hope he gets through this without his reputation being ruined by the actions of some unstable person from his past.
21.11.2017 - 01:06
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
What the fuck is up with all these rape and sexual assault charges and allegations in the metal community lately?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
21.11.2017 - 02:34
theFIST
Written by Auntie Sahar on 21.11.2017 at 01:06

What the fuck is up with all these rape and sexual assault charges and allegations in the metal community lately?

they happen in any society that has not yet presented a clear opposition to feminism
false allegations, along with calls for major restrictions on behaviour and freedom of expression have been used to tear down communities, which has worked in collapsing them to the extent they went along with it, as atheism+ has clearly shown
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.11.2017 - 02:59
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by theFIST on 21.11.2017 at 02:34

they happen in any society that has not yet presented a clear opposition to feminism
false allegations, along with calls for major restrictions on behaviour and freedom of expression have been used to tear down communities, which has worked in collapsing them to the extent they went along with it, as atheism+ has clearly shown

Yes, clearly we should denounce the heinous restrictions on behavior and freedom of expression that come with calling out perpetrators of sexual assault, because everyone should be allowed to grope, rape, and harass as they see fit. Surely, these are the marks of a civilized society.....

Dude, I wasn't there, I don't know these people, and I'm not going to jump too far onto either end of believing they're completely innocent or completely guilty. I do however find it curious that there have already been several other similar cases like this in 2017 within the metal community, and I think portraying such allegations as evil, society-destroying conspiracies from feminists and atheists is a load of shit
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
21.11.2017 - 10:19
nikarg
Staff
There are judges for these things. Let's not take their jobs.
21.11.2017 - 12:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Auntie Sahar on 21.11.2017 at 01:06

The Weinstein scandal opened the flood gates so to speak and a sort of "movement". I think women feel like they can talk now, are less afraid. This happens all over the place, and eventually it touches everything, metal as well.

It's disturbing really.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.11.2017 - 14:22
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 21.11.2017 at 12:19

The Weinstein scandal opened the flood gates so to speak and a sort of "movement". I think women feel like they can talk now, are less afraid. This happens all over the place, and eventually it touches everything, metal as well.

It's disturbing really.

The one point I really want to make here is just.... how big a grain of salt do you really take these accusations with? I understand the idea of "don't believe everything you hear," but after a while when you have multiple cases like this within such a small frame of time, it kind of just makes you scratch your head a little like "yeah, we might actually have a real problem here."
----

~ II. VII
22.11.2017 - 12:27
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Auntie Sahar on 21.11.2017 at 14:22

Written by BloodTears on 21.11.2017 at 12:19

It's disturbing really.

The one point I really want to make here is just.... how big a grain of salt do you really take these accusations with? I understand the idea of "don't believe everything you hear," but after a while when you have multiple cases like this within such a small frame of time, it kind of just makes you scratch your head a little like "yeah, we might actually have a real problem here."

I hear you. But in these cases, I tend to believe the victims, which doesn't mean there aren't people lying out there of course. All needs to be investigated.

And I do think this is the case of "yeah, we might actually have a real problem here" but in society in general.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 3464 | This month: 15