Metal Storm logo
Passport, Reviews and What I'm Listening To...

Written by: Baz Anderson
Published: 12.05.2007

Ok then, lets try this thing out.
I have been rather busy the last couple of weeks with two university exams and also applying for my passport so I can hopefully make my way to Hellfest and Wacken festivals this year.
I am applying for my passport on the 'fast-track' and so I have to go to a special passport and identity office to have an 'interview' where they check everything is legitimate and ok. I spent a bit of money travelling down to Peterborough on Friday to try and get this sorted but was turned away as I didn't have my mothers birth certificate to prove she was British - a new appointment has been made though for Tuesday afternoon and hopefully everything will be ok then.
As well as the costs of travelling there and back twice, and also to my home town to pick the birth certificate up - the passport on the 'fast-track' will cost me £91!!! (?133/US$180) so if any of you see me at these festivals you'd better appreciate what I did to get there! hahaha..

Oh well, so this next week I am going to be rather busy as well travelling to Peterborough again and I am also seeing Saxon/Masterplan/Rose Tattoo on Wednesday - of which I am really looking forward to, I have been a huge Masterplan fan since I first heard them and it will be great to see Saxon again as well. There is a chance I will get to interview Roland in Masterplan before the show but nothing has been confirmed yet.

So because of being so busy I will apologise to the bands who are still waiting for me to review their albums/EPs/demos - you people can look forward to reviews for a Portuguese rock band PhaZer, Syrian band The Hourglass, Swedish band Astral Kingdom and also a new English folk band Oakenshield.

Recent discovery of mine - Blackmore's Night. I wanted to listen to these for a long time but just never got 'round to it until some time last week and I love it! Give me a week or so and I bet these will be in my favourite bands in my profile..
Also I have heard the new Iron Savior, Akercocke, Turisas and Korpiklaani albums and I can tell you that they are all very good, Turisas and Korpiklaani especially, but maybe the Akercocke album was a bit of a let-down on the first few listens.

Also it is Eurovision Song Contest night! so I am going to be watching that tonight as well as the usual good long playing on Pokémon Diamond (I got it a few weeks ago - it isn't even out in this country for another two months or so..) - I am currently training a Togekiss... hahaha

Anyway, that'll do for now..

Written on 12.05.2007 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 43 users
12.05.2007 - 21:16
Carrion
Account deleted
Whoa, an expensive passport. Hopefully you get that interview, Masterplan is a quite good band
12.05.2007 - 21:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
The stuff you need to do for a passport is insane. But you already knew I thought that.

By the way, have you heard the Netherlands may not compete in the Eurovision Song Contest anymore? Such whiners..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.05.2007 - 21:23
Susan
Smeghead
What a week you're having! I'm sure it'll all be worth it once you arrive in France (I'm SO jealous!!)

I'm glad you're enjoying Blackmore's Night! I'm a bit of a newer fan as well, such great stuff. Those reviews that you're planning sound really interesting, can't wait to read them.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
12.05.2007 - 21:55
GT
Coffee!!
Some week your having and damn that's an expensive passport! Well hope Hellfest and Wacken will be worth it. Looking forward to the reviews you're describing
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.05.2007 - 21:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Hope you get you'll finally obtain that damn little passport of yours so we can meet up at Hellfest and share a couple of beers.

As for Blackmore's Night I could never get around to liking them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.05.2007 - 02:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just got my passport yesterday. It cost me $191

Suprisingly, it only took a week and a half to arrive.
13.05.2007 - 22:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
heard the new Turisas album? Lucky b*stard......
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.05.2007 - 15:59
Lily_Lazer
Outdated
heh, passports here cost only the mattes of making a new picture + 150 eek/10€ for the making matters. Only a month for doing it
Why is everything so complicated outside Estonia, lol =)
Up the Diamond! ...And Togekiss sucks, rather get a Floatzel, it looks better ^^;
----
-Lily
25.05.2007 - 16:39
iaberis
Advice Troll
But I thought you didn't need a passport to travel within the EU countries...
----
Bitch! Please
25.05.2007 - 20:16
Baz Anderson

unfortunately that is not the case for people in the UK..
really.. some people just seem to forget that we are in Europe as well, it is so annoying. I don't know why I need a passport when people in other EU countries don't
26.05.2007 - 11:29
ylside

Written by Baz Anderson on 25.05.2007 at 20:16

really.. some people just seem to forget that we are in Europe as well, it is so annoying. I don't know why I need a passport when people in other EU countries don't

Because UK isn't a a Schengen country I guess ?
26.05.2007 - 21:28
Baz Anderson

no indeed not..
apparently "the United Kingdom only takes part in the police co-operation measures and not the common border control and visa provisions"
06.06.2007 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ylside on 26.05.2007 at 11:29

Written by Baz Anderson on 25.05.2007 at 20:16

Because UK isn't a a Schengen country I guess ?

Well in new EU coubtries we need pasport wjen go tpo other country costume service just look to it and ist all but latvian costume servise look lil lomger

You need it when by tickets in plains and xheck in then you need it also farry
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.06.2007 - 13:25
wrathchild

The funny thing is UK people need a passport to get to France, but French people don't need it to go to UK... Or so I've been told.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
07.06.2007 - 15:35
Baz Anderson

Written by wrathchild on 07.06.2007 at 13:25

The funny thing is UK people need a passport to get to France, but French people don't need it to go to UK... Or so I've been told.

haha, it would be funny if you came over - and then couldn't get back because you didn't have one. hahaha
you wouldn't be able to get a passport here either..
but of course that wouldn't happen. haha
07.06.2007 - 16:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Why realy
Then I need it too when i go to France
Thank good thay dont count how much woine ppl ha sdrunk when he/she goes soemwhere

BTW UK ppl dont need visa to USA other need
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2007 - 16:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 07.06.2007 at 15:35

haha, it would be funny if you came over - and then couldn't get back because you didn't have one. hahaha
you wouldn't be able to get a passport here either..
but of course that wouldn't happen. haha

dont drink much Camus otherwise you can lost your passport but here passport cost 10 punds dunno how much it is in euros but you shood wate month to get it fast passport can be 50 pounds
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 5986 | This month: 13