Metal Storm logo
The Hourglass

22.05.2007 - 20:52
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Greetings
To all Heavy Metal fans i would like to provide some smaples of the band The Hourglass.
Hope you will like them and please feel free to comment and express yourself about what did you just listened to.

Origin: Syria - Homs
Official Website: http://www.the-hourglass.net/

Album: To the Land of the Free
Year: 2004

1. Pilgrimage Listen
2. Trapped Listen
3. Holy Rage Listen (Full Song)
4. Planet of Cockroaches Listen (Full Song)
5. Of Revenge and Glory Listen
6. Ancient Hope (Part 1 - Denial) Listen
7. The City of Evil Ones Listen
8. Final Departure Stamp Listen
9. Deceptive Light Listen
10. Risen Listen
11. The Land of the Free Listen

Album: Resurrection of the Horrid Dream
Year: 2007

1. Resurrection
2. Selective Memory Listen
3. Suicidal Form
4. The Book
5. Distortion Of Thought Listen
6. Ancient Hope: part 2 - Kin Traitor Listen
7. East Of The Mediterranean Listen
8. Divine Judgment
9. Alone Again Listen
10. The Horrid Dream

Hope to see some comments and opinions.
Best regards
24.05.2007 - 16:57
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I wasn't lucky to see this band Live, but what i know that they rock, just listening to their music you will know that, their lyrics, their riffs, thier bass ... everything about them is cool "I Didn't Say Great" but they are still pretty good for a band in an Arabic world and i believe they have a huge chance to go world wide and rock some people heads off ... i would sort them as mind-blowing band.
24.05.2007 - 22:19
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes, as you know I reviewed both their albums.. and I think they are quite good.
there is definitely room for improvement.. I mean "Planet Of Cockroaches" and "East Of The Mediterranean" are great tracks because they are faster and have more energy in them.. maybe the band don't want to focus on just the more energetic stuff though - but those two songs I think were the best
25.05.2007 - 02:03
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Well man East Of The Mediterranean was written with passion you can't deny that
Sometimes i really feel sorry for such a bands dude, they are talented and they can do even better than what they have done already but there is no support for them that's why i opened those 2 topics and i took the permission to have their pages on MS that's the least i can do dude
And no words will be able to thank for those 2 reviews that you have wrote about their albums
Really man thanks a lot it might be a normal thing for you but you don't know how much it means to us man
It really means a lot
Rock on dude and keep on the good work
26.05.2007 - 20:30
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh! its ok about the reviews.. it was really great to hear something from so far away from here or places I am used to hearing bands from.. Syria is definitely different
in my last 'blog' entry on this site I am saying about the reviews I did for The Hourglass and how this really does mean something to them.. I hope that with what I have done I have helped the band out.
27.05.2007 - 00:47
ToCSiN
Account deleted
You already did mate
Hail you!
27.05.2007 - 13:51
Alex Smith
The band is great. I think, the guys got new fan. It's real great!
27.05.2007 - 18:47
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Written by Alex Smith on 27.05.2007 at 13:51

That's nice to see this topic getting more active and this band earning the respect of you people
Hail you and Hail The Hourglass

Dude, may you comment and mention what did you like the most and did you dislike about the band?
And where do you think the band has to improve their skills in?
Rock on
28.05.2007 - 19:07
Alex Smith
Written by Guest on 27.05.2007 at 18:47

Written by Alex Smith on 27.05.2007 at 13:51

That's nice to see this topic getting more active and this band earning the respect of you people
Hail you and Hail The Hourglass

Dude, may you comment and mention what did you like the most and did you dislike about the band?
And where do you think the band has to improve their skills in?
Rock on

Thank's, amigo! I wanna comment all songs.
Pillgrimage - is good to be intro. Small lyrics with good words. Just to introduce the album or concert program. Great!
Trapped - good music with Heavy Metal elements (I like HM), the lyrics are great. "...As sirens were singing..." - I like this part. Great lyrics, I have no words to comment it.
Holy Rage - the song's about real warriors. Just for men. "...The torches are burning in our hands..." - I feel, like I AM THERE.
Planet Of Cockroaches - sorry, but I can't say, that it's wonderfull, but the drummer showed his skills, and skills are good.
Of Revenge And Glory - great instrumental theme. Reeeeaaal great!
Ancient Hope - music and lyrics are pretty good to listen this song
The City Of Evil Ones - lyrics... The first, on what I pay attention. "Religious lies are stuck on their brains"... So true!
Final Departure Stamp - there's nothing I can say. Only, that vocalist CAN sing high. And it's good!
Deceptive Light - feels good... Heavy again. I would like to hear it on live show
Risen - advice to you, guys. This song can be played as Intro or Outro on your concerts
The Land Of The Free - my favorite. Music is good, lyrics are wonderful! Sometimes I wanna hear something positive. I would like to add this song to my Ballads play list

So... I'm sorry, but I haven't time to listen to the second album... I will comment this one later. Thank you, guys for playin' such a good music, I spent my time well. God bless your art!
P.S. Skills... Skills are pretty good! Good luck, amigos! I'm sure you will kick the asses!!!
30.05.2007 - 01:00
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Wow man .... you really said a lot of good thing here .. Hail you dude
It feels awesome to hear such a thing from you people
Rock on
30.05.2007 - 20:22
TheHourglass
Account deleted
Thanks guys for all of ur support we really love u, without u we cant do nothing

ALEX SMITH, man u did for us the best "review" we had since our birth, thanks a lot. i wish u guys like the new album

mentally yours
Rawad
The Hourglass
30.05.2007 - 20:25
TheHourglass
Account deleted
onemore thing

check our website after 2 weeks for more updates and stuff
04.06.2007 - 17:51
ToCSiN
Account deleted
C'mon folks, let us hear more and more from you
Even if you dislike the band .. feel free to express your feelings and telling us why you dislike them
That might help them to improve
Rock on
08.06.2007 - 20:46
Alex Smith
Hi again, amigos! Now I've got the time to comment the second album...

Selective Memory - At once it is visible, that the vocalist became more skilled
Distortion Of Thought - it's not my style, but bass-guitar sounds well
Ancient Hope: part 2- Kin Traitor - vocal is great, guitars - great, lyrics... "Lies, religion, history..." - I like this part
East Of The Mediterranean - very dipressive song. But, as I understand, it is your style with which you consult well
Alone Again - Having read through the name of a song, I have been assured, that it will be a ballad, therefore I had been strongly surprised. I'm sure, that you also can surprise others too. Is it instrumental theme?

So, let me know, when you'll be in Estonia, or somewhere near. I wanna see you at some kind'a live show. You are the band, with which I could play on one stage with a pride.
09.06.2007 - 10:26
TheHourglass
Account deleted
hi alex

i think man u r mistaken with some song titles

i these r the samples that r on our website that u have listened to, u r right, cuz the titles do not match the songs always.

we will do a full update for the website soon

thanks anyway

mentally yours
Rawad
09.06.2007 - 17:09
Alex Smith
Alright, I'll wait for update.
14.06.2007 - 21:55
Pinusar
Account deleted
I listened to the songs from To the Land of the Free. Well, I have nothing bad to say about it, I liked all the songs, very good work, glad to hear that you're making such great music there. The music is quite powerful and from what I've heard you don't seem to lack in skills, so keep up the great work, hope everything works out well with the band.

Btw. what is the status of metal in Syria, is it popular or not?
15.06.2007 - 05:15
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.06.2007 at 21:55

I listened to the songs from To the Land of the Free. Well, I have nothing bad to say about it, I liked all the songs, very good work, glad to hear that you're making such great music there. The music is quite powerful and from what I've heard you don't seem to lack in skills, so keep up the great work, hope everything works out well with the band.

Btw. what is the status of metal in Syria, is it popular or not?

As Syrian i would like to take this chance and answer you
Well the metal is pretty popular there but the only problem that there is no support what so ever, no record labels, no magazines .. nothing would really support the metal scene there.
Syria has plenty of true metal heads the only big problem we face there as metal heads that the law somehow banned Death and Black metal from being Satanic "I know it is stupid but it's just the way it is" and according to that metal scene is so underground and hiddin.
16.06.2007 - 09:37
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I've just made the band's MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/thehourglassgroup) where you can listen to 3 complete song from the new album folks
Rock on
P.S: Feel free to tell me about the design and where i can improve it ([it it need improvement)
16.06.2007 - 22:35
ToCSiN
Account deleted

Just did this, i thought of sharing it with you folks!
09.12.2008 - 04:02
Land Of Doom
A Wonderful Band from my country They have two albums and i notice Development in their Performance

you can download the music from this topic and hear this Syrian Metal band

and you can Go to the band web site to watch the band images and read the lastest news for this band
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
23.07.2011 - 14:28
JD
Account deleted
I did an interview with these guys a while ago Interview
31.08.2011 - 17:33
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Good band. The best from Syria.