Metal Storm logo
Dvar

04.06.2007 - 14:25
MaX
Account deleted
Did anyone here heard Dvar?

Dvar is a group of musicians of unknown identity and origin. Their releases comes from Russia so let us assume that they are Russians. Their music is as obscure and unknown as the band itself - it goes under experimental music but on some other forums I heard someone calling it Gnome music. Their label on the other side gives following description of their music > "Imagine King Diamond performing his lyrics hysterically in an alien language on an acid overdose, accompanied by oriental, bubbling and synthesized electronics, somewhere between naively playful and disturbingly sinister, perfectly executed by a thick and crisp sound engineering per excellence."

Dvar sounded to me like I had dropped my own acid and tripped right into the Lemmings village. It is somewhere between psychosis and child's play. Part evil and part whimsy.

Song composition is very complex and consists of numerous instruments both acoustic and synthesized. Instruments range from horns, strings, wood winds, percussion, bass guitar and acoustic guitar. Along with a strong injection of synthesizer generated sounds. The result is a bizarre orchestral/synthesized sound that at once seems familiar and alien.

If you are looking for something weird and different this is definitely an band for you. On the link below you can hear few sound samples it is an amazing experience

Unofficial web page - http://dark.gothic.ru/dvar/english.htm
04.06.2007 - 21:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Well I probably would have placed this in the General Music Forum...'cause there is not much metal in it. But it's wierd...very wierd. Not anything I would listen to unless I was doing drugs and trying to freak myself out
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.06.2007 - 03:04
MaX
Account deleted
Well it's kind of melodic experimental stuff... maybe you don't call it metal but in Gothic and Darkwave you can fine some similarity - it is very weird though I guess it fits good if you are under some drugs I didn't try.. as a silent background music is very good that was tested
09.07.2007 - 13:11
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Weird stuff you have there, friend. But it could be even listenable without that vocal hehe... Where did you dig this stuff, anyway
----