Metal Storm logo
True Classics Of Grind!

Poll

Which album is the best to come out in the early grinding days!

Napalm Death - Scum
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Carcass - Reek Of Putrefaction
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand
Repulsion - Horrified
Impetigo - Ultimo Mondo Cannibale
Extreme Noise Terror - Holocaust In Your

Total votes: 30
06.06.2007 - 04:16
Herzebeth
Well, the end of the 80's and the year 1990 were big steps for the extreme music, many bands were doing things way more brutal than expected, some of them even mixed two of the most infamous genres ever to be heard by men...Punk and Metal...

that exact blend, covered with some blood and pus...and in some cases polithics...gave birth to a genre that is still hated today, Grind...be either -core or -Gore it was grind ladies and gentlemen.

Of course in those years nobody really mentioned their music as Grindcore, people began calling it that way because in the back of the "Scum" LP you could see the word "Grind" written in the middle of a bizarre mess...then some other things happened and the name stayed until our days.

Those albums are the ones that pioneered the genre, some of them are gorey some of them are punky some and one of them is almost hardcore-ish...which (AND WHY) one you think is the most important release, the one that made you stick to Grind and the one that gives you nightmares for its brutality...
----
06.06.2007 - 04:18
Herzebeth
My vote goes for Carcass's Reek Of Putrefaction, ok, Repulsion created speedy riffs, but the thing I admire the most of Grind is its innovative feature, damn it Carcass did the most amazing kind of concept in their first album, today many bands are stealing that concept you know, it became cool to be sick, blood and pus and fucking gore is now the best way to say "stay the fuck away from this album or else..." I love it.

While I prefer their Symphonies of Sickness for the production, Reek...is the one that started it all... damn, this is seriously some heavy and raw CD
----
06.06.2007 - 05:08
Southern Wind
Account deleted
My vote goes to Scum, although it's not my favourite album from the grind-era Napalm Death. That album is indeed a classic, with a really nasty sound and rotten atmosphere... I hated it when I bought it, but now I don't let pass a week without listening to it.
06.06.2007 - 05:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Ah, Herz, should you put this in the Metal Arena?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
06.06.2007 - 06:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Out of the choices, I chose World Downfall by Terrorizer. Pete Sandoval outdid himself on that album and it's a shame that's all we saw of Terrorizer in true fashion. That band is more brutal that putting a cat in a microwave.
06.06.2007 - 06:10
Herzebeth
@Southern Wind: Napalm Death's debut was truly fucked up...but I always saw it as too noisy for my taste, I so dig their following efforts though.

@Xtreme Jax: Well this ain't actually a battle...it's more like a "let's discuss the classics of grind" topic though...as a poll's involved you could be right

@pyroleprechaun: You know why I didn't vote for Terrorizer? they are the only band that truly dissapointed me with their comeback...they were more brutal than farting in someone's nose...when they came back they showed us how to be gayer than receiving a fart in your nose
----
06.06.2007 - 08:22
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Oh , the first thought was that this is a thread where Lord Herzebeth is listing down all Essential Grindcore album , chah .... i SO want that kinda thread

Anyways i love the album 'Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses' very much , this album is an awesome trip .... flow of music , a push toward the unknown world. *bows down*

Nice list through.
06.06.2007 - 18:29
Herzebeth
@Hembron: You see, I recently bought the Brutal Truth album...I was a fan of their post-earache era, specially of their album "Sounds Of The Animal Kingdom" but hell fucking yeah I bought "Extreme Conditions..." and it blew me beyond comprehension, it's just a masterpiece. nice vote dude
----
13.07.2007 - 09:43
drsmiley
Account deleted
Carcass rules case and point
13.07.2007 - 11:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like only 3 bands Carcass, Napalm Death and Brutal Truth but I have no fav album, all grind are same for me
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2007 - 20:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
not qualified to vote as I am not familiar with most of the albums listed... but my vote would now go for "Scum", and would probably still go that way after hearing all those works.

largely for sentimental reasons. Napalm Death got me into extreme metal and that album is just downright hilarious at times.

YOUSUFFERBUTWHY?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.07.2007 - 21:57
AlGore
Account deleted
I went with Scum, the classic of all classic grind albums. I believe actually that Mick Harris created the term grind in '84 then grindcore in '85.
14.07.2007 - 22:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
Agree with BitterCold (like always lol), I never heard some of those albums but what I have heard I would vote for Scum. I never liked Repulsion much and Carcass is boring to me, I also never liked Brutal TRuth and Extreme Noice Terror and Impetigo is awesome but still I like Napalm Death more.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.07.2007 - 09:36
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Napalm Death with carcass close by
17.07.2007 - 17:41
Infurnace
My vote goes to Scum, because it was my first Grindcore record. I like it very much. It's a real classic in the Grindcore scene, if you ask me.
05.07.2008 - 18:17
Infurnace
I've been listening a lot to Brutal Truth lately, and I must say that "Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses" is really awesome. I'm seeing them live tomorrow.
02.05.2009 - 05:56
I'm not really a fan of grindcore and haven't heard all of those bands, but if I have to choose a favorite, that would be terrorizer, closely followed by brutal truth
anyways I haven't heard terrorizer's last release... is it as bad as everyone says??