Metal Storm logo
Obituary - Ralph Santolla To Help On New Album

OBITUARY frontman John Tardy has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"There is so much going on! The most important thing is the recording/mixing of the new CD and that is going amazing! These new songs are so heavy and we are happy and lucky to announce that Ralph Santolla (ex-Iced Earth, Deicide, Death) is helping us with some of the guitar work. To have someone like Ralph working with us is totally new to OBITUARY and I can't tell you how excited we are. This new album, 'Xecutioner's Return', is just coming to life!

"I know there has been a lot of speculation about what we were going to do for another guitarist now that Allen West is unavailable. It is kind of strange how things work out. We have known Ralph for a long time and it is no suprise how good of a guitar player he is, but what was really nice is how good we work with each other and how good we get along. Not only is Ralph recording with us, but he will also be going with us to Europe in July and on our U.S. tour in September.

"We leave for South America tomorrow for the next set of shows and they should be some good ones. We have been to Argentina (a long time ago), but we have never been to Chile or Brazil, so we are looking forward to these shows. When we get home we will finish up the mixing of the new CD and we are on schedule for a late August release!"

Check out pictures from the recording studio at Obituary.cc.

Obituary's "Xecutioner's Return" is scheduled for release on August 28 via Candlelight Records. The band is working with artist Andreas Marshall for the cover art for "Xecutioner's Return". Marshall has worked with the band for "The End Complete" and their most recent record "Frozen in Time".

Source: obituary.cc
Band profile: Obituary
Posted: 07.06.2007 by Xtreme Jax

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 3 users
07.06.2007 - 22:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This is awesome news because Obituary really needs him. Can't wait for the album...
07.06.2007 - 22:47
graywolf87
Account deleted
Chile, Brasil and Argentina people love them down there those are pure Death Thrashers countries...can't wait for the new album hope its good and old Obituary syle.
07.06.2007 - 23:46
_becar_
Account deleted
excellent news..i like much more obituary than deicide and ralph will fit in well
08.06.2007 - 00:17
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Good news for the band and for us . I hope a good album with this cooperation
08.06.2007 - 01:15
Endoftherainbow
Hopefully Ralph can do to Obituary what he did with Deicide.
08.06.2007 - 03:30
Herzebeth
OH MY GOD! PLEASE...PLEASE... release this album quickly...
----
08.06.2007 - 03:38
__Az__
Wow, I look forward to this album even more..... he done a great job with Deicide.
08.06.2007 - 13:26
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Great, this is great news for Obituary, Ralph can be amazing with his guitar!
I'm looking forward to the new release!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
08.06.2007 - 21:22
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I believe that it will be fantastic to hear Ralph Santolla's guitar work in Obituary's music, considering he did such an amazing job on Deicide's "Stench of Redemption" album.

Hits total: 2027 | This month: 10