Pig Destroyer Vs. Cephalic Carnage

Poll

Which Band Rules More and Why?

Cephalic Carnage
Pig Destroyer

Total votes: 35
16.06.2007 - 17:56
Herzebeth
Both bands play one hell of an experimental kind of Grindcore, both released an album this year, both albums are spectacular, both bands have a really fucking great discography, both are two of the most amazing bands in Grind history, they are for sure the top bands in the modern scene...

I've always seen pig destroyer and Cephalic Carnage like two brothers who hate each other haha..so what's your choice and why?
----
16.06.2007 - 18:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Herzebeth on 16.06.2007 at 17:56

..so what's your choice and why?

Well, whats yours?

From what I've heard, I'd go with CC over PD from the random tracks taken from their albums. Though planning on getting more of their discography so that opinion might change so no vote is going to be made at this point.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.06.2007 - 19:46
Stigmatized
I gotta go with CC. I like more of their albums and plus I've seen them live, and they're quite the live act. So, CC it is.
16.06.2007 - 20:33
Infurnace
I like both bands very much, but I'll have to go with Cephalic Carnage, because I listen to their music a lot more.
16.06.2007 - 22:01
Herzebeth
Written by Xtreme Jax on 16.06.2007 at 18:11

..so what's your choice and why?

Well, whats yours?

Uh SOOORRYYY!! hehehe

Well, my choice goes to...it's too difficult to decide right now actually...

for technicality I prefer Cephalic Carnage, but for agression I'd go for Pig Destroyer...

well, also the Cephalic Carnage albums are way more easy to digest, so Cephalic Carnage is my choice, they're just too different from any other Grindcore band I've heard.
----
17.06.2007 - 00:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
For technicality and aggression, I'll go with Pig Destroyer. Brian Harvey and Scott Hull are some of the best musicians in the metal scene today, and I don't think anyone can top what they did in Prowler in the Yard. Cephalic Carnage is amazing and shit, but they didn't release Prowler in the Yard...
17.06.2007 - 05:20
Herzebeth
Written by Dangerboner on 17.06.2007 at 00:50

Cephalic Carnage is amazing and shit, but they didn't release Prowler in the Yard...

You just crapped my own pants I want to change my vote now!!
----
01.07.2007 - 00:35
I gotta go with Cephalic Carnage. I love both of them, but CC was the band that turned me onto Grind, so I gotta pick them.
----
oderint dum metuant
01.07.2007 - 03:03
spirit_inblack
harshhead
This is a tough choice because these bands are both very innovative when it comes to their grind. My vote though, goes to the amazing Pig Destroyer.

Everything about the band is awesome ex. guitar, vocals, drums, lyrics (the lyrics are quite exceptionel btw) and everything about the band is insanely unique. One of my top 5 favorite bands ever!

Cephalic Carnage comes close, but they're no Pig Destroyer
01.07.2007 - 07:22
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Cephalic Carnage, considering how dramatically they had grew in me... I listen to Exployting Disfunction every week, and I hated it at first
18.07.2007 - 16:37
Infurnace
Man.. "Phantom Limb", the new Pig Destroyer record owns really hard! It's a fuckin' great album. I've been listening to it on and on. It's pretty brutal, yet beautiful .
19.07.2007 - 10:29
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest

Both bands play one hell of an experimental kind of Grindcore, both released an album this year, both albums are spectacular, both bands have a really fucking great discography, both are two of the most amazing bands in Grind history, they are for sure the top bands in the modern scene...

I've always seen pig destroyer and Cephalic Carnage like two brothers who hate each other haha..so what's your choice and why?

Frankly speaking i hate this poll. Why comparing these two bands. Compate LDOH with PD , its understandable .... CC is NOT Death/Grind .... they are like Lykathea Aflame. They deny all genre base statements and other stuff. Pure Genius.

I would go with LDOH , if yhe poll would have LDOH with PD .... because i think they are ddoing more grind with awesome speed . PD is amazing as well but LDOH is my fav. Plus LDOH last release is awesome , LD failed this time
19.07.2007 - 10:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hembrom on 19.07.2007 at 10:29

Frankly speaking i hate this poll. Why comparing these two bands. Compate LDOH with PD , its understandable .... CC is NOT Death/Grind .... they are like Lykathea Aflame. They deny all genre base statements and other stuff. Pure Genius.

I would go with LDOH , if yhe poll would have LDOH with PD .... because i think they are ddoing more grind with awesome speed . PD is amazing as well but LDOH is my fav. Plus LDOH last release is awesome , LD failed this time

Who the HELL is LDOH and LD please use proper bandnames and not some sort of sms language
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2007 - 11:35
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2007 at 10:35

Who the HELL is LDOH and LD please use proper bandnames and not some sort of sms language

Sorry was talking about Last Days Of Humanity (LDOH) and Pig Destroyer , i wrote LD instead of PD
19.07.2007 - 11:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hembrom on 19.07.2007 at 11:35

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2007 at 10:35

Sorry was talking about Last Days Of Humanity (LDOH) and Pig Destroyer , i wrote LD instead of PD

Okay I see, rotfl about LD being PD though
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.07.2007 - 17:17
Blindsnyper
Account deleted
I like Pig Destroyer more cuz I think the lyrics are well written and b-side if I wanted to hear gore metal i'd listen to Chris era-Cannibal Corpse.
14.12.2007 - 23:36
Cephalic carnage by far, They play a Technical and brutal and I´m more into technical. By the way i gotta say that the king of Brutal technical grindcore or whatever is NECROPHAGIST

NECROPHAGIST RULEZ!
----
- ? ?¤øØ )' ¦-¦Ö§±¦£ë '( Øø¤? ?
........StEpS_Of_SiLeNcE........
17.12.2008 - 00:37
Cephalic Carnage .. because they play Grindcore with some touch of jazz and weird riffs of many styles. they just fucking rule ... pig destroyer are not able to play what cephalic carnage can do ... and also Cephalic Carnage's Vocals are better
17.12.2008 - 01:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Cephalic Carnage for me as well cause they can even pull of great doom if the want. Just listen to Halls Of Amenta. And live they can also pull off the mini doom album plust play everything else at 1/20th of their usualy speed (I saw them do it last year at Roadburn) whereas I don't see Pig Destroyer doing that. Another reason for chosing Cephalic Carnage is because of the sheer variety in their music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2008 - 18:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Pig Destroyer hands down...

I never saw CC being THAT good. I like the technical shit... But sometimes being too technical gets soooo boring that it's not good anymore.

Pig Destroyer knows the balance between technical and still being brutal as fuck.
And PD's lyrics bets CC's easily.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.02.2009 - 03:05
Spliff
Account deleted
Cephalic Carnage. The trio of albums Lucid Interval, Anomalies and Xenosapien are masterpieces of progressive grind. Especially Ontogeny of Behaviour...
28.10.2010 - 21:28
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Pig Destroyer i love the agression.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.12.2010 - 08:50
Well, I'm from Denver so I'm a little partial towards CC .
03.08.2012 - 15:49
helofloki
Woo, bringing back old threads is awsome. I love both these bands, but I have to go with Pig Destroyer here. Cephalic Carnage is much more experimental and crazy, which I like. They also manage to work in some kick ass groovy and groovy parts, also a plus. They are also insanely good musicians, their drummer is absurd. However, sometimes they're a little too random or too goofy for me. I don't mind these things but sometimes it just gets in the way of the music. Still, an excellent band, love what they do.

Pig Destroyer is just on another level. Every song is perfectly constructed from 45 seconds to 5 minutes (or Natasha, damn!). Every riff is just bad ass. The style is a perfect mix of thrash and grind and the guitar tone, is amazing on CD and devastating live. On top of this J.R. Hayes may be the most poetic metal lyricist ever. Others come close, it's not clear cut, but as far as poetic style lyrics go, he's utterly amazing. Plus his vocal style ranges from terrified to terrifying. This is the perfect grindcore band. That is probably the best way to describe them. They are offensive and vulgar yet simultaneously professional and artistic. Love these guys.
03.08.2012 - 16:55
MechanisT
Account deleted
Need to check them out both. I'm steadily growing to like grindcore immensely as of late.
04.08.2012 - 02:08
helofloki
Written by Guest on 03.08.2012 at 16:55

Need to check them out both. I'm steadily growing to like grindcore immensely as of late.

They are both a great place to start. Cephalic Carnage is a little more death metal influenced, but still very grindy. I also highly recommend Nasum if you're starting out. All their stuff is great.
04.08.2012 - 16:15
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by helofloki on 04.08.2012 at 02:08

Written by Guest on 03.08.2012 at 16:55

They are both a great place to start. Cephalic Carnage is a little more death metal influenced, but still very grindy. I also highly recommend Nasum if you're starting out. All their stuff is great.

I really like the sound of that. Thank you, I'll take your advice and check them out asap. I've already taken the "unconventional" way of getting into grindcore; !.T.O.O.H.!, Contrastic, Jig-Ai, and a handful of czechgrind acts and I have to say that they're simply outstanding. Let's just hope the others live up to the hype.