Users visited: 86  
Search this topic:  
Which band do you like more and why?

Immolation31
Incantation15

Total votes: 46

The original post

Posted by Dangerboner on 24.06.2007 at 03:46
Incantation and Immolation both played crucial roles in the development of the New York death metal scene, and through the years they have earned highly regarded reputations. Both bands formed in the late 80's and play a similar style of death metal. Even their names sound the same!

I voted for Immolation because I find them to be more interesting. Incantation tends to sound the same with every album they release, while Immolation adds more depth to their songs. I enjoy the vocals by Ross and John, but I think that Immolation's Ross Dolan slightly edges out John. His deep growls are just fucking menacing, and with the help of the music, create even more energy. His lyrics also make the overall atmosphere of their music much more dark.

Page 2 of 2

ditmas_duke

27.05.2014 at 05:22
The Incantation discography is flawless. Not one stinker album. Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

I can't even think of a single Incantation song that I don't like in some way.
Lit.
Brütal Legend

27.05.2014 at 22:38
Immolation, easily.
Incantation? More like Incan't-even-compare.

Written by ditmas_duke on 27.05.2014 at 05:22

Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

"Nu metalcore?" Are you seriously listening to the same Immolation the rest of us are?
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
ditmas_duke

28.05.2014 at 09:08
Written by Lit. on 27.05.2014 at 22:38

Immolation, easily.
Incantation? More like Incan't-even-compare.

Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

"Nu metalcore?" Are you seriously listening to the same Immolation the rest of us are?

I wish I wasn't listening to this Immolation.

And listen to that pitiful drumming. They got some boring normie to play drums on this one. Dude has no ideas and isn't very tight to boot.
deadone
Mainstream Poser

29.05.2014 at 05:01
Harnessing Ruin is their best album IMO!
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

01.07.2014 at 18:02

The Incantation discography is flawless. Not one stinker album. Immolation has Harnessing Ruin, sketchy drumming on that release. Some tracks "experimenting" with "nu metalcore" find it so hard to listen to that one.

I can't even think of a single Incantation song that I don't like in some way.

Funny that - I listened to their entire discography recently. The entire thing was so boring. Every. Single. Song. I've only heard two Immolation albums (those rated highest), but even those two have more quality seperately than Incantation's entire discography. I'm probably overreacting a bit considering that I'm a little irritated that I couldn't find one any enjoyment in my the former endeavor

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.