‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]
Users visited: 199  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Herzebeth on 30.06.2007 at 03:25
Well I've been buying DVD's lately, I'm proud to have such classics as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dead Alive...but I was wondering which movies are in your top 5 or top 10...any Horror movie dudes, it doesn't matter if it's zombies, ghosts, monsters or slahers

My top 5 goes more o less like this:

#5: Cabin Fever (I just can't get enough of watching stupid kids spreading a flesh eating disease, yeah it's way in the line of Evil Dead but it's just too cool and the girls have great boobs)

#4: Day Of The Dead (Romero's third installment in his trilogy, a great piece actually, the last scene is just sickening)

#3: Dawn Of The Dead (Damn it...it's just...amazing)

#2: Dead Alive: (Peter Jackson did this? god damn it he was a gory motherfucker...the goriest film I've ever seen)

#1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The master of Slasher films)

There are other good films I love, some of them are still on my "to buy list" and on my "please stop renting them or you'll end up begging for money in the streeths"

-Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Damn, this is chilling)
-Suspiria (Masterpiece)
-The Night Of The Living Dead
-Evil Dead
-Curtains

some others...which ones are your favorites

Page 11 of 11

MetalSpider

02.01.2013 at 20:38
Written by Guib on 01.01.2013 at 23:32

Don't know if anyone watched the movie Sinister yet, but its very good and scary. It fucks with your brain.
I give it a 8 out of 10.

It was an ok movie. it had the typical modern horror movie clichés and some jumpy moments but nothing really scary (then again i dont find most horror movies scary). The idea of sinister is pretty interesting. The sound design was really well done though.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
Dark†SymphonY
Ollie

02.01.2013 at 21:23
Well, I would say that most Asian/Japanese are IMO the best in horror movies. I have seen a few but can't remember the names. The only title I can remember is Ju-On (The Grudge) but there was another which I thought was better and gorier . I will try and post the name of it if I do find it.
Jtbmetal123

16.01.2013 at 17:11
Thats so hard to choice which are the best but I know that The Devils Rejects are on my list.
Seita
Account deleted
  02.02.2013 at 14:40
Written by Don Martin on 19.08.2011 at 15:48

#1 The Thing by John Carpenter (It's just a masterpiece, Rob Bottin's effects MAKE the movie.)
#2 Braindead by Peter Jackson (Favourite quote: "Yeah, one o' dem macrophiliacs!" "Necrophiliac, you stupid arsehole!")
#3 I Tre Volti De La Paura by Mario Bava (also known as Black Sabbath. This movie is split up in 3 parts called: The Telephone, The Wurdulak and The Ring if I remeber correctly, but these parts have nothing in common I think. Especially the second where the Wurdulak appears is good.)
#4 Cannibal Holocaust by Ruggero Deodato (Presented as something like "The Blair Witch Project" but with Southern American jungle cannibals.)
#5 The Texas Chainsaw Massacre by Tobe Hooper (A classic, but it has to be the original one. Remakes suck big cock)

I like old horror better than new. Don't really buy all this Saw stuff. I think it's gonna be the new Police Academy, I think. Also new horror is all about these moments where you jump because the serial killer or whatever suddenly is standing behind his future victim and you go "HOLY SHIT OMG I WAS LIEK SO SCAERD". I don't think there's a moment like that in all my favourite films. The eerieness of The Thing slowly builds up to the end of the movie.

Great choices! It's nice to see some other folks who understand real horror, haha. The Thing is truly a masterpiece and is, in my opinion, the best Carpenter flick (even though it's not my personal favorite). Cannibal Holocaust is a chilling film and one of the most realistic I've ever seen - any modern take on its premise (like The Blair Witch Project) pales in comparison. Black Sabbath is a great Bava piece although I think Black Sunday would ultimately get my vote - both films are exceptional either way though. If I had to choose ten off the top of my head, as objectively as possible, I'd probably go with the following:

Romero's Night Of The Living Dead
The Exorcist
Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
Suspiria
Murnau's Nosferatu
Carpenter's The Thing
Cannibal Holocaust
The Brood
Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
De Palma's Carrie

Those aren't in order, just a quick, whimsical list there, haha. Those are titles I'd probably suggest to someone not all that familiar with horror but with an interest to get familiar with it.
fnorg91

25.04.2013 at 09:50
Tough, but I'll try.

1)House of the Devil
2)Evil Dead 2
3)The Thing
4)Braindead (Dead Alive)
5)Dawn of the dead (Original)

that was damn hard.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]

Login or register to post here.