Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth best song (from With Oden On Our Side)

Poll

Which song do you prefer most from album With Oden On Our Side?

Cry Of The Black Birds
Runes To My Memory
Gods Of War Arise
Valhall Awaits Me
Asator
With Oden On Our Side
Hermod's Ride To Hel - Lokes Treachery P
Under The Northern Star
Prediction Of Warfare

Total votes: 119
04.07.2007 - 18:55
Abattoir
Staff
Amon Amarth is the band which i like at most. They have made 6 amazing albums. For me the best album is the last one - With Oden On Our Side, it is just perfect, brutal vocal, drumms, riffs...everything sounds very good (as almost always). I like every song, so i won't expose none of it...

I know that this album is almost one year old, but i'm still interested and curious which song do you prefer most from this album.
So vote if you like to...

Thanks!
04.07.2007 - 19:07
OneWithMisery
Prediction of Warfare. Don't know why, it just got me the first time I listened to it.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
04.07.2007 - 19:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Of corse Cry of the Blackbirds because its best AA song what thay had criate best song EVER nbot on last album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2007 - 20:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Not really fond of this album, but the best song is Cry of the Black Birds, very catchy.
----
05.07.2007 - 19:41
alexo dynami
I voted for Asator as I really like the chorus riff. Pitty Dimmu Had to copy some of the guitar work.
The album is pretty consistant in its work without being too repetetive.
05.07.2007 - 21:11
matthioso
I voted for 'Runes to my memory'
It an awesome album and this song has the best riff
----
www.seedofrock.be
06.07.2007 - 10:22
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Prediction Of Warfare. So fucking epic and perfect way to close out the album.
12.07.2007 - 00:31
Varegan
Hamranakara
I just see that Runes To My Memory video.that was nice
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
12.07.2007 - 00:40
Baz Anderson
Staff
although most of the songs on this album are really good, this is an easy question for me to answer
"Asator" it my favourite track on the album.. it is really great live as well
very explosive, one of the more extreme Amon Amarth songs.. very good indeed
12.07.2007 - 10:24
Torture Killer
Account deleted
Gods of War Arise gets me pumped every time, and I just feel like starting a one man mosh pit
12.07.2007 - 14:35
Grey_Dandelion
Gods of war arise me too...its the definition of epic...and the Amon Amarth that i like!
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
12.07.2007 - 15:44
APOHAKC
The Bard
It was really hard to choose only one, but I voted for great Gods Of War Arise, that main riff is amazing, it always give me reserve doze of adrenaline lol Valhalla awaits me, Asator and With Oden On Our Side are also awesome sogs, it was really hard choice, all other songs are also very good, it would be good we can make multiple choices
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.07.2007 - 16:58
Stigmatized
Runes to my Memory is my favorite song by Amon Amarth, so needless to say, it gets my vote. Damn catchy tune, gets stuck in my head for days at a time.
13.07.2007 - 02:22
Vunts
Had to vote for Asator. The song is completely stuck to my head. Every time I read Amon Amarth from somewhere, that song starts ringing. If that's not enough to be nr.1 then I don't know what is. Baz pretty much covered what I think of it musically.
16.07.2007 - 20:38
Hamird
Lieutenant
Cry of the black birds ...
a real EPIC song ... i worship the lyrics of this song. and also the great melodic guitars....
17.07.2007 - 17:15
Infurnace
The whole album is a real masterpiece! I can't really choose one particular song, but the song I enjoy the most is Cry Of The Black Birds. It's a really melodic and catchy song. It has a lot of catchy riffs in it.
21.08.2007 - 12:12
Viking Bitch
I've voted for Cry of the Black Birds, but Asator is great too. And yea..the whole album really IS masterpiece. But however, we can't deny..there are diferences between this album and others. It seems that that one is more comercial? Well...i got that feeling after listening again and again. I really really don't want that my favourite band go comercial.
----
Hominis tota vita nihil aliud quam ad mortem iter est.
22.08.2007 - 10:08
Chaosgoat
With Oden On Our Side.

Something about metal in 6/8 time is just epic. plus it has a great riff.
22.08.2007 - 22:14
In Chaos
I haven't listened so much to Amon Amarth, but Cry of the Black Birds is one of the best songs I have ever heard
26.08.2007 - 15:43
mind_sabotage
Account deleted
Under The Northern Star, just has that really sorta slow but cool feeling to it, It has similarities to Thousand Years of Oppression, which is probably my favorite Amon Amarth song so it wins my vote.
26.08.2007 - 22:25
Remus
I voted for Asator.

The song is quite fast so it's allready a winner. The intro riff is extreme and fits quite well with the drums. The chorous riff ("Fire, burning in his eyes") is pure mellodic death-metal. Then we have a "slow-down" groove ("Son of Odin, Thunder God") which is heavy as a motherfucker and then.... Wham, the song comes back to life (to it's frantic pace) with a super-awesome solo! What more could you ask for?

Incidentally, i find every song on this album to be reeeealy good, except for "Prediction of Warfare" which i just can't seem to get into.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
07.09.2007 - 10:00
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Cry of The Black Birds!! I heard for the first time and it was soooo good!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
07.09.2007 - 12:04
Bash'
:)
Gods Of War Arise .. I feel melancholic with it .. so deep riffs & great performance (Amon Amarth!) .. it talks with my inside ..

Cry of The Black Birds, really good, I listened for it when they made it available for downloading.. I like it for sure also.. but not as GOWA..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
13.09.2007 - 05:30
BF
I went with Cry of BB, dont know why I just enjoy the intro
16.09.2007 - 01:46
Fane
"Son of thunder! Lighting strikes! Son of thunder!" Yeh it's Asator Well why? It sounds so damn mighty in all and Söderberg's solo is great imo. Whole album is great and one of the best Amon Amarth albums, but this song shines in there =P
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
11.10.2007 - 02:29
Mustis
Account deleted
valhall awaits and cry of the black birds are the best song for sure, last album was excellent really
04.12.2007 - 12:27
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 07.09.2007 at 10:00

Cry of The Black Birds!! I heard for the first time and it was soooo good!

ive grown on amon amarth a lot recently, and i would almsot consider changing my answer to asator, which i believe would lock the two together with 8 each asator is a great song, the lyrics are powerful and brilliant, and the song grows throguhtout awesome song!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
14.12.2007 - 03:26
ArcanaHereticae
Written by Guest on 11.10.2007 at 02:29

valhall awaits and cry of the black birds are the best song for sure, last album was excellent really

Very well said. You know what other song was good to me? Runes To My Memory. Powerful song.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
14.12.2007 - 20:22
Mustis
Account deleted
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 14.12.2007 at 03:26

Very well said. You know what other song was good to me? Runes To My Memory. Powerful song.

yeah dude thas song its awesome too, and Asator its really powerfull too. haha damn amon amarth its great
14.12.2007 - 20:34
ArcanaHereticae
Written by Guest on 14.12.2007 at 20:22

Written by ArcanaHereticae on 14.12.2007 at 03:26

yeah dude thas song its awesome too, and Asator its really powerfull too. haha damn amon amarth its great

Indeed. They are good. One of the best bands of all time. Hands down/
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.