Metal Storm logo
KK's Priest - Debut Full Length Album Due In August

KK's Priest, featuring former Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing, vocalist Tim ''Riper'' Owens, guitarist A.J. Mills, bassist Tony Newton and drummer Sean Michael Elg, will release debut full length Sermons Of The Sinner on August 20th via Explorer1 Music Group/EX1 Records. "Hellfire Thunderbolt" single serves as the first taste of what to expect from this 10-song music output.

Today fans are able to pre-order the LP in various configurations, including an exclusive limited-edition autographed metal vinyl (silver disc) with bonus CD album, via the band's online store. The album can be pre-saved via all global digital streaming partners as well.

Downing briefly comments on the first single: "We are delighted to finally be able to release our first track to the world. It gives a real flavour of the sound and showcases the amazing players I've got in this band. We can't wait for the fans to hear the record."

Sermons Of The Sinner track listing:

01. Incarnation
02. Hellfire Thunderbolt
03. Sermons Of The Sinner
04. Sacerdote Y Diablo
05. Raise Your Fists
06. Brothers Of The Road
07. Metal Through And Through
08. Wild And Free
09. Hail For The Priest
10. Return Of The Sentinel

Source: kkspriest.com
Band profile: KK's Priest
Posted: 12.05.2021 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 142 users
12.05.2021 - 20:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Song is good, heavy, screaming, KK has some energy left. Seems this is his rebel against Priest when they did not tock him in as live guitarist when Glenn Tipton could not play. He wanted but JP chose another one.
Ripper is angry because JP ignores albums from his era. He wants re record those 2, since they are forgotten. This combination is revenge .... but damn good one.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.05.2021 - 20:48
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
In Spanish that name sounds awful.
12.05.2021 - 20:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ChapuLviz on 12.05.2021 at 20:48

Le Priesto KKK de Judas ?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2021 - 20:56
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 12.05.2021 at 20:52

Le Priesto KKK de Judas ?

WTF? haha no ... KK = caca, that means poop or shit... the rest is history.
12.05.2021 - 21:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Then Brazilian footballer Kaka name is even worst.... Nja
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2021 - 21:15
ChapuLviz
Tropical Goat
Contributor
Written by Bad English on 12.05.2021 at 21:06

Then Brazilian footballer Kaka name is even worst.... Nja

That's a classic joke in the Spanish-speaking community...
12.05.2021 - 22:38
The Entity
Not bad, generic but more because his style got copied then anything els. Could turn out being a great album
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
13.05.2021 - 00:02
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
This song literally begins with the riff from "Painkiller" (the song - check the riff near the end of that song). Then it literally sounds like "Painkiller" (the album). Which is 100% fine, because KK was a major part of that sound and he has every right to re-create it.
13.05.2021 - 04:55
sbgmetal
Im stoked for this, first time ive ever pre-ordered an album
13.05.2021 - 08:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I would have named the band differently honestly, also to include Ripper's name, like KK + Ripper, KK + Tim Owens, or something. It's a shame the guy was part of Priest for 6 years, didn't get almost any songwriting credits and was treated just like a replacement singer and sent packing when Halford was back. I would have had a bigger ego at this point.

the song itself is decent, sounds like Painkiller light if you ask me, reminds me of the song Nostradamus, I think for KK it's hard to come up with any real original riffs after playing for over 50 years (!) so mad respect for that; however knowing the row they had right after Firepower was out, I would say KK is also flexing that he still has some killer guitar skills which is really impressive after such a long time and so much alcohol & drugs (KK sometimes has a nervous tick that's the same as longtime cocaine users have), but a shame for Glenn who had the main lead role but now due to Parkinson's cannot play as he used to.

anyway I am slightly pleasantly surprised, will give the album a spin when it's out.
13.05.2021 - 08:33
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 13.05.2021 at 08:30

was treated just like a replacement singer and sent packing when Halford was back.

That is exactly what he was, your description is very accurate.
13.05.2021 - 08:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I would have named the band differently honestly, also to include Ripper's name, like KK + Ripper, KK + Tim Owens, or something. It's a shame the guy was part of Priest for 6 years, didn't get almost any songwriting credits and was treated just like a replacement singer and sent packing when Halford was back. I would have had a bigger ego at this point.

Yes because according to Ian Hill music was dead and only they had was cover bands.
Blaze was same , he also are ignored (not so much) from his era, but Owens totaly are forgotten. Its like coach team wins, he is hero, few loses you're out. Same player buy t o replace super star....
----

apos;'
[image]
13.05.2021 - 13:28
Madlax
Written by Bad English on 13.05.2021 at 08:42

Yes because according to Ian Hill music was dead and only they had was cover bands.
Blaze was same , he also are ignored (not so much) from his era, but Owens totaly are forgotten. Its like coach team wins, he is hero, few loses you're out. Same player buy t o replace super star....

Although both were treated the same, as mere replacements until the original/iconic singer decided to come back, I believe that Priest's material and prestation with Owens was better than Maiden with Blaze. First, Owens is a better vocalist than Blaze. Way better. I would wager that his vocal abilities were even above Halford's. The best live rendition of Painkiller was done by Owens while Halford even when the album was launched, he struggled a lot in live gigs to sing that screeching voice of his.

Secondly, IIRC Harris or some other guy from Maiden admitted that Blaze was picked up as the lead singer because all the other options were far too awful. If Blaze was the best they could find after Dickinson... then the auditions must've been cringe as fuck. Not so convinced about this, but in the absence of other story versions, I'll have to trust this one.

Thirdly, Blaze's 2 albums for the most part sucked. Even the 2 best songs, Sign of the Cross and The Clansman, these versions were far better sung live by Dickinson. Blaze's vocals were too tame, although the production hampered those 2 records as well. At the very least Maiden does not treat those 2 albums as if they don't exist, despite the fact that there is not that much live-worthy material there (and not much good live material in post-1990 Maiden either, with or without Dickinson).

Don't know why they treat those albums as such. Jugulator at least is a very strong album, with some killer songs such as the title track, Abductor, Deathrow and Cathedral Spires. Maybe Halford can't handle the vocals? Wouldn't cut this option. Owens's screams in some of these songs are just insane. If that would be the case, I would take the honest answer any day. Just say you can't sing the songs there.
13.05.2021 - 20:13
Lanthros
Quote:
Written by Madlax on 13.05.2021 at 00:00

As much as I love Rob I think what it boils down to is him pulling a Messiah Maracon and he just plain refuses to sing anything live that he didn't record. I can't say I have any clue as to reasoning though.
13.05.2021 - 21:19
UnknownCheese
Not reinventing the wheel, but I didn't want it to. Just rock solid heavy metal from one of the greats. Far more interested in this than anything Priest is doing these days.
14.05.2021 - 10:21
Madlax
Written by Lanthros on 13.05.2021 at 20:13

As much as I love Rob I think what it boils down to is him pulling a Messiah Maracon and he just plain refuses to sing anything live that he didn't record. I can't say I have any clue as to reasoning though.

That might be the case. Or, as I said, he probably can't do Owens's screams. I couldn't imagine him doing it in the early 2000s, much less when he is going 70 in a few months. Listen to the song Jugulator and imagine Halford attempting it with his current vocal capabilities.

Judas Priest fans hate me whenever I say it, but Owens's vocals are simply better and more powerful. It is a pity though that Owens did not manage to lend his vocals to great music. His stunt in Priest was not awful. Jugulator was great, Demolition was meh. His stunt in Iced Earth was uneven, not because of his vocals, but because of the poor songwriting. No matter how good a vocalist is, one can't make good music out of turds. He fronted a lot of projects, bands and guested on many songs, but other than a couple of songs in Jugulator and the odd song here and there I just can't remember much else. He doesn't really have a magnum opus. He is own Painkiller, although that is a bit of a stretch. It is a pity that he might remain known as a mere hired hand. A footnote, rather than a chapter.
14.05.2021 - 16:11
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Madlax on 14.05.2021 at 10:21

Judas Priest fans hate me whenever I say it, but Owens's vocals are simply better and more powerful.

That's completely a matter of personal taste. Also, it doesn't matter. Rob Halford if THE singer of Judas Priest, regardless of other singers being better than him. It's as simple as that.
14.05.2021 - 19:53
alexcht777

La caca del sacerrdote.
14.05.2021 - 19:56
Aries Rising
Really wish JP would reconcile with KK and let him back into the band. If Maiden can do 3 guitarists, then why can't Priest?
14.05.2021 - 20:44
panths
I hope this will happen and KK deny the position.we have a very vey good song here.what if the whole album be like that....
Also don't like the band name...THE PRIEST sounds better or sth like the high priest....
15.05.2021 - 01:34
nikarg
Staff
Written by alexcht777 on 14.05.2021 at 19:53

La caca del sacerrdote.

I think that "el sacerdote de la caca" is the actual translation but yours is funnier.
15.05.2021 - 03:30
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by panths on 14.05.2021 at 20:44

Also don't like the band name...THE PRIEST sounds better or sth like the high priest....

I was just thinking that!: THE PRIEST

Or... What if it's the opposite? Like If judas = traitor then how about something like Hero Priest? I mean that's pretty lame but you get the idea
15.05.2021 - 07:30
alexcht777
Written by nikarg on 15.05.2021 at 01:34

Written by alexcht777 on 14.05.2021 at 19:53

La caca del sacerrdote.

I think that "el sacerdote de la caca" is the actual translation but yours is funnier.

true, unintended pun jajaja
15.05.2021 - 11:05
Mehrad

exactly ! personally like Tim Owen's vocals
Demolition and Juggulator get a lot of shit ... I mean they are not the best but they have some really good songs , Hell is Home for example
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
16.05.2021 - 11:45
Callisto
Like It, nothing new but good is good. Also KKipper Owning would I've been my go to name for the band.
16.06.2021 - 01:35
NDNI
Not so bad. I think Judas Priest Live In London with Tim Ripper Owens is really great ! Especially Turbo Lover is the best version live of that song ever ! I love it ! Even full respect to Rob Halford. After reading the autobiography of KK - despite of my previous big sympathy to Glenn Tipton, now I think it was really awful, that JP have invited Andy Sneap instead of KK. I don't like such attitude, therefore full support for this project !

Hits total: 2234 | This month: 10