Metal Storm logo
ZZ Top - Dusty Hill Dies

Unfortunately, more sad news today. At the age of 72, the legendary bassist Dusty Hill of the iconic ZZ Top has passed away in his sleep. Rest in peace.

Statement from Billy & Frank: "We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX. We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the 'Top'. We will forever be connected to that "Blues Shuffle in C." You will be missed greatly, amigo."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: ZZ Top
Posted: 28.07.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 140 users
29.07.2021 - 00:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nooo 3 deads in so short time. I hope they put band to rest.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.07.2021 - 01:52
Brutal Water
RIP, Dusty Hill. You will be sorely missed.

Three deaths in a row. Can this fucking week please end already?
----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
29.07.2021 - 09:24
Lord Slothrop
I love ZZ Top. Very sad to hear this. At least I got to see them live once. And yes, it was fantastic.

I also hope they follow Rush's example and put the band to rest. It just wouldn't be the same.
29.07.2021 - 10:41
JoHn Doe
Shocking and sad news.
RIP
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
29.07.2021 - 11:16
Deadsoulman
Elite
Never been a fan by any means, but ZZ Top were one of these bands that seemed like they'd be around forever. Sad to see another icon go. And it's amazing to see that they had the same line-up for over 50 years...
29.07.2021 - 11:23
TheDarkWizard
Fuck 2021
29.07.2021 - 14:35
Chidder
Written by Bad English on 29.07.2021 at 00:36

Nooo 3 deads in so short time. I hope they put band to rest.

They will continue with their long-time guitar tech. It would be better to call it quits. Saw them in 2015 and it was a blast - one of the best concerts I have seen.
29.07.2021 - 15:16
Deadsoulman
Elite
Also, this was my first encounter with ZZ Top
29.07.2021 - 16:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 29.07.2021 at 11:16

Never been a fan by any means, but ZZ Top were one of these bands that seemed like they'd be around forever. Sad to see another icon go. And it's amazing to see that they had the same line-up for over 50 years...

I somehow grew up whit MTV videos, got Viva Las Vegas , was pop to me, late ron i net era did spin old 70's blues ones. Somehow never stuck in my play list
----

apos;'
[image]
30.07.2021 - 23:29
Iceland_Norway
I have seen ZZ TOP in Rome at Rock In Roma Fest with Pino Scotto as Opener Act after RATT chose to go to Canada to open for Scorpions letting fans so upset and angry. ZZ TOP and Pino Scotto saved the show doing a classy concert. I bought the ZZ TOP Keychain and I'm using it proudly for my home keys. RIP Dusty, your music is going to be listened proudly and louder than hell at my home.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
01.08.2021 - 23:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Bands longtime guitar tech Elwood Francis, who has worked with the band for more than two decades. According to the band, Francis will continue to play bass for ZZ TOP for the foreseeable future.
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 1637 | This month: 9