Metal Storm logo
The Server Move Bug Hunt Thread

Original post

Posted by corrupt, 11.09.2021 - 15:16
Please use this thread to report your findings on whatever you think is buggy on the new server.

As announced in the news post, this is a place to collect actual bugs and issues, not ideas yet and also not general issues with site functionality. Just problems that weren't there before the move but are now
30.10.2021 - 22:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Redel on 30.10.2021 at 21:38

Just curious:
I remember having read somewhere that we wanted to go to German time with the server move, right?
Well, it is 9:30 pm here right now. And I just received a time stamp on a post of 10:30 pm.
Tonight we will have a time shift once again, summer time ends, means German time will even be one hour more away from current "metal storm time".
Are we still in the process of changing the metal storm time zone? Or have I misunderstood something?

Change it manually under settings.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.10.2021 - 22:49
Redel
Written by Bad English on 30.10.2021 at 22:37

Change it manually under settings.

Oh, thanks, I guess I have never been in the settings before.
Though, my point was addressing the server time, not the time that is displayed for me.
So, it is not an issue for me personally, I was just curious whether server time now is where we wanted to go or whether we are still about to adjust the server time in the future.

Edit: Now I get it. Server time IS German time already.
Sorry for being slow.
31.10.2021 - 21:53
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Redel on 30.10.2021 at 22:49
Edit: Now I get it. Server time IS German time already.
Sorry for being slow.

Not just that, we also adjusted the offset in all your profiles automatically during the move. You shouldn't have had a problem in the first place.
----
31.10.2021 - 22:11
Redel
Written by corrupt on 31.10.2021 at 21:53

Not just that, we also adjusted the offset in all your profiles automatically during the move. You shouldn't have had a problem in the first place.

Well, I was irritated at first, since in the settings of my profile there was a "1" in time zone, putting me one hour in front of server time.
And as I live in the German time zone that caused my irritation. Now I have deleted the 1 and all is fine at my end.
31.10.2021 - 23:34
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Redel on 31.10.2021 at 22:11
Well, I was irritated at first, since in the settings of my profile there was a "1" in time zone, putting me one hour in front of server time.
And as I live in the German time zone that caused my irritation. Now I have deleted the 1 and all is fine at my end.

That should only be possible if it had been a 2 before the move. I subtracted 1 from the offset of every user profile before putting the site live again after the move to account for the switch from Estonia to Germany.
----
01.11.2021 - 08:24
Redel
Written by corrupt on 31.10.2021 at 23:34

That should only be possible if it had been a 2 before the move. I subtracted 1 from the offset of every user profile before putting the site live again after the move to account for the switch from Estonia to Germany.

Since I probably never visited my settings before I cannot say for sure how it was before the move for me.
I though do call the time stamps I got being +1h to German time, over a longer period of time, possibly several years.
20.02.2023 - 22:07
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Is this a bug or did someone input [band][/band] in the text? Other bands seem fine, just happened to stumble across this one. (apologies if this is not the proper forum topic to report this kind of stuff)
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
20.02.2023 - 22:46
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Dark Forever on 20.02.2023 at 22:07

Is this a bug or did someone input [band][/band] in the text? Other bands seem fine, just happened to stumble across this one. (apologies if this is not the proper forum topic to report this kind of stuff)

This is the correct thread for new bugs and it has already been reported.
----
signatures = SPAM