Metal Storm logo
Best modern thrash album

Original post

Posted by selken, 09.09.2007 - 03:51
Well, what to say?, what's your fav among these?
Note that some of them are comeback albums
IMO the best is Exodus - Tempo of The Damned, the albums features great riffs and Steve Souza sings greatly.

Poll

Which modern thrash album do you like the most?

Other (Please specify)
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Slayer - Christ Illusion
Lamb Of God - Sacrament
Sodom - Sodom
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Destruction - The Antichrist
Sepultura - Dante XXI

Total votes: 146
04.04.2011 - 00:57
Void_Eater
Account deleted
This thread fails due to the lack of Overkill. After a dissapointing run of groovy albums, none of which are bad but lacking in comparison to their classics, they return with this thrashterpiece. With what is arguably Bobby Blit'z best vocal performance, a heavy as hell production emphazising bass legend D.D Verni's bass lines, and a neverending onslaught of riffs, this is a modern classic.

EDIT: Oh, this thread was started in 2007. That explains it.
02.05.2011 - 04:21
Doom Trooper
Tempo Of the Damned for sure. Exodus are one of the few thrash bands that never changed for shit. Every album they release is awesome.
02.05.2011 - 09:18
Yasmine
I don't like everything Exodus did, and that album had maybe 3 good tracks, Kreator for me.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
02.05.2011 - 19:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Other: Shovel Headed Kill Machine by Exodus in my opinion, closely followed by The System Has Failed(out of that list). the 2 albums are hardly comparable though, as SHKM is a goddamned BEAST. fast, brutal and heavy as hell, while System has way more mainstream appeal.

Poison cloud floats in the air
Breathe it deep your only care
It's a nightmare not a dream
DEATH AM FETA MEEEEN
20.05.2011 - 15:58
Razorback
Kreator - Violent Revolution
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
23.11.2012 - 11:18
LichBorne
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition
hard n heavy
23.11.2012 - 22:58
Lit.
Account deleted
Well, all of those albums kind of suck, even the clear best Tempo of the Damned isn't that great.
The lack of Machine head is just fail, too.
24.11.2012 - 00:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Tempo of the Damned without a doubt. Great album.
24.11.2012 - 03:05
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Out of these, either Christ Illusion or Violent Revolution.
24.11.2012 - 05:05
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I went with Christ Illusion but I have to admit I haven't heard some of the others.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
24.11.2012 - 06:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
Considering the dates the albums in the First Post are from...
I'd say its between Toxic Holocaust's Evil Never Dies, Absu's Tara and Paradox's Collision Course.

And if I could go a bit after that It would be between... Municipal Waste's The Art Of Partying, Skeletonwitch's Breathing The Fire and Mekong Delta's Lurking Fear.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.01.2013 - 05:01
squidrick420
I said other: Deathhammer - Onward to the Pits. I just got this on vinyl recently and it kicks some major ass. They are a Norwegian band who plays a blackened thrash that is very reminiscent of first wave BM, but still is more thrash than anything. They also have some really interesting vocals.
29.01.2014 - 17:58
The Antichrist has kept the '80s feeling, in my opinion. Violent Revolution is pretty good, too.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
17.02.2017 - 13:13
nikarg
Staff
Everything Kreator have released after 2001. Also Vektor's Terminal Redux, which is the best thrash album since Rust In Peace.
28.06.2020 - 22:06
Zopilote
Testament - Brotherhood of the Snake
29.03.2021 - 15:51
blackwreath13
Power Trip - Nightmare Logic is the answer to this question (which predates said album by a decade...)