Metal Storm logo
Second Wave Thrash

Original post

Posted by Thrash666, 18.10.2007 - 04:04
Outside The Big Four (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax) there have been some awesome thrash bands. Testament, Exodus, Overkill, Vio-Lence, Forbbiden to name a few, but who else kicked ass that doesn't get enough attention and should??
21.12.2007 - 19:47
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Oh okay then. But I see why BloodTears would make that mistake though, as many call those kinds of bands "New Wave Thrash"
21.12.2007 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.12.2007 at 19:47

Oh okay then. But I see why BloodTears would make that mistake though, as many call those kinds of bands "New Wave Thrash"

I agree about it but better suck way thrash
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.12.2007 - 22:00
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.12.2007 at 21:19

sorry man, could you refrase that, I didn't understand what you were trying to say.
21.12.2007 - 22:08
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Um... Where do you count Sadus?? Anyway, they rock....
----
21.12.2007 - 22:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.12.2007 at 22:00

sorry man, could you refrase that, I didn't understand what you were trying to say.

That that modenr thrash sucks, its not thrash for me i dont like it i can listened 80ties and early 90ties(but bands who start in 90ties, realised 2-3 alkbums and splitt up, dont ask names, i dont remeber)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2007 - 01:12
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.12.2007 at 22:11

Written by Guest on 21.12.2007 at 22:00

That that modenr thrash sucks, its not thrash for me i dont like it i can listened 80ties and early 90ties(but bands who start in 90ties, realised 2-3 alkbums and splitt up, dont ask names, i dont remeber)

oh, you mean like the modern bands who th U.S. and MTV consider Neo-Thrash Yeah that's not really thrash.........because thrash is basically Traditional metal with tremolo picking and a more aggressive approach. The only 'Neo-Thrash' I consider are band like Fueled By Fire, Municipal Waste, Merciless Death, Hellhound and so on.

09.01.2008 - 18:17
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
outside the big four i always liked Testamnet i think they are the best beside the big 4
since the first album they rock each album has something special catchy riffs good lyrics, nice vocals and cool drums my favorite album has to be The New Order i always liked it since the first time i hear it

dont you all think Testament is the best of the 2nd wave??
----
Stay Metal !!!
11.01.2008 - 11:01
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Not really no. I'd have to say Artillery on that one (which I'm going to see live in about 30 days^^)
----
THRASH!!!
02.02.2008 - 05:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I realize this isn't just a Dark Angel thread, but there's not an official one, and I didn't feel like starting one, so oh well. Just thought I'd post these three links. A live performance by Dark Angel, late 80s I'm guessing. Quite trashtastic. About 20 minutes. Enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0kgorpAvXAE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FXscw_lvBT0&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x9tWKzEyUHI
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.02.2008 - 03:46
stigma77
Account deleted
I think everything has already been mentioned.

In my opinion, Apart from the big4, Exodus, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Heathen, Vio-lence, WHIPLASH, Exhorder, Possessed, Voivod (the first one), Nuclear Assault, Pestilence, Kreator and Sodom.

Newer ones: Municipal Waste, SSS, Dekapitator, Bonded by Blood, Blood Tsunami and Evile.
04.02.2008 - 15:21
Dygerman
Exodus , Kreator , Sodom and Death Angel 4 me ... oh and what about Tankard ??
18.02.2008 - 12:08
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by DrunkenFuck on 11.01.2008 at 11:01

Not really no. I'd have to say Artillery on that one (which I'm going to see live in about 30 days^^)

Yeah, I just officially discovered Artillery. Quite an orgasm of thrash. Some very meaty music. I enjoy, very much so.

EDIT: By way, as I'm currently drooling over Heathen, I thought I'd mention they have basically their whole discography up for streaming on their website. I didn't know though. Check it out. http://www.heathenmetal.com/index2.html
----
24.02.2008 - 16:33
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Clintagräm on 18.02.2008 at 12:08

Written by DrunkenFuck on 11.01.2008 at 11:01

Yeah, I just officially discovered Artillery. Quite an orgasm of thrash. Some very meaty music. I enjoy, very much so.

EDIT: By way, as I'm currently drooling over Heathen, I thought I'd mention they have basically their whole discography up for streaming on their website. I didn't know though. Check it out. http://www.heathenmetal.com/index2.html

Thank you very much! Also I know that Death Angel has their new album Killing Season on, I think it's MySpace.
----
THRASH!!!
19.05.2008 - 18:48
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I just found this great Thrash Metal band from Detroit, Michigan called Mortification. It looks like only released either a demo or a demo compilation in '89 or '90 but judging from the music up on their myspace, they sound pretty damn good. The music is definitely Thrash, but it has a (what seems to me) somewhat Death Metal feel to it too. I guess at the time a lot of bands had that fusion thing going on. It's too bad this stuff is probably impossible to find these days. Check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/mortification1989
----
10.09.2008 - 03:05
Thrash666
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 09.01.2008 at 18:17

outside the big four i always liked Testamnet i think they are the best beside the big 4
since the first album they rock each album has something special catchy riffs good lyrics, nice vocals and cool drums my favorite album has to be The New Order i always liked it since the first time i hear it

I think they are. They should of been in the big four and called it the big five. And they are the most successful outside of the big four. And besides Slayer, I think they have stood the test of time and really stayed to there thrash roots unlike Metallica, Megadeth, or Anthrax
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
10.09.2008 - 18:49
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by Thrash666 on 10.09.2008 at 03:05

Written by Dreamwar_86 on 09.01.2008 at 18:17

I think they are. They should of been in the big four and called it the big five. And they are the most successful outside of the big four. And besides Slayer, I think they have stood the test of time and really stayed to there thrash roots unlike Metallica, Megadeth, or Anthrax

Yeahh nice point
----
Stay Metal !!!
02.11.2009 - 12:11
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
I think it is Exodus.