Metal Storm logo
Best Judas Priest Live Anthem

Poll

Which?

The Hellion/Electric Eye
Breaking the Law
Painkiller
You've got another thing coming
Other(fuck, which one did i forget? :D )
Hellbent for Leather
Living after Midnight
Metal Gods
Grinder

Total votes: 22
05.11.2007 - 20:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i was wandering through the forum trying to find my thread with the priest ballads, but then i thought "which is the best live anthem by them?" so i created this thread.

oh and please understand that this IS ABOUT THE LIVE ANTHEM, WHICH MEANS SING ALONG VALUE, IF IT'S A LIVE FAVOURITE, OCCASIONAL GIMMICKS THAT THE BAND USES TO MAKE THE SHOW MORE SPECTACULAR DURING THE SONG, NOT NECESARILLY HOW GOOD THE STAND ALONE SONG IS

my pick is breaking the law, the most simple chorus ever, furious live compared to the boring but interesting punkish touch of the studio track. the best version is for me the one with the hilarious intro from the "live insurrection" version when halford plays "repeat after me" for about 1 minute and a half:
halford: "yeah yeahyeahyeah yeah yeah!!"
crowd: "crowd repeats"
halford: "yeah yeahyeahyeah yeah yeah!!"
crowd: "crowd repeats"
halford: "breaking the what?"
crowd: "yeahyeaheyah---... erhh... the LAW!!"
halford: "breaking what?"
crowd: "the LAW"
halford: "then let's BREAK THE LAW"
06.11.2007 - 03:35
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@cursed: my pick is "Breaking The Law" for the same reasons you chose
06.11.2007 - 09:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno I havnt seen then live also I know only 'Priest in East' live album so cant vote
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2007 - 17:18
Baz Anderson
Staff
three of the best Judas Priest songs for the live environment are definitely:

"Diamonds And Rust"
-yes I know this is not an original Judas Priest song, but now they have have gone back to covering the original as it is, it is always an emotional song live

"Hell Bent For Leather"
-well, it's Judas Priest isn't it! the motorbike has to come out!

"Living After Midnight"
-this song is all about rock 'n' roll and the live show rocking all night long, so it is always so fitting in the live environment. such a great sing-along song as well

can I pick one? probably "Living After Midnight", but all are great, Judas Priest are indeed the gods of metal!
08.11.2007 - 04:11
Torture Killer
Account deleted
for me it was close between breaking the law and Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith but i gotta go with breaking the law
13.06.2009 - 14:18
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Electric eye for sure. it is classic!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
10.07.2009 - 08:42
gwarscumdog
Painkiller I listened to that song so much I know it by heart. I even wanted to do a cover of it in my band but I thought screaming for vengeance would fit me better. Cause I'm really good at high vocals and I practice singing to it almost every day. Painkiller though 100%.
22.12.2012 - 13:07
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Beyond The Realms of Death is a particularly haunting and mature song from this band. I love the acoustic verses and the powerful chorus, it's an unforgettable ballad to say the least.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).