Metal Storm logo
Best of the LOTR movies

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 24.11.2007 - 12:16
my favourite would have to be.. goddamit i love them all! but seriously now my favourite would have to be Fellowship, because there we have the whole crew and more travelling and adventures than in any other of the movies. a shame we have no gollum.

Poll

which?

Fellowship of the Ring
Return of the King
The Two Towers

Total votes: 83
01.12.2007 - 16:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
return Of The King, 'cause it has the coolest battle.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.12.2007 - 18:43
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by Guest on 30.11.2007 at 14:49

Look whai I found How LOTR Should Ended

This is so true, the story could have ended that way, that video is just too funny
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.12.2007 - 18:55
Timsen
Account deleted
What the heck is goin' on?
Pretty cool!
05.12.2007 - 06:07
nana.MD
Star-Queen
lol where did u get that video???

i think the 3 movies are amazing...i actually thought the return of the king was going to be better, after reading the book i expected greater things, for example an extraordinary scary shelob and well, that didnt happen...anyway it was a great film...imo the best was the two towers, the battle is amazing and for me, it has the most exciting part of the story...i guess ill watch them tonight again
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.12.2007 - 11:27
b0000mst1ck
^^i agree. all the plots came to a head in two towers. plus gandalf returns. i would've voted for fellowship but they altered the beginning too much if compared to the book. plus they left out tom bombadil, which makes no sense considering his importance.
13.12.2007 - 12:05
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i liked The Fellowship because of it's close links with the Hobbit which i read when i was much younger. The Two Towers i found the least appealing though and have only watched it a couple of times although i'd like to watch the whole trilogy when i can rope someone into doing it with me. My favourite was definately the Return of the King because the way way everything came together, the final battle and (to be a little bit of a girl for a minute) because of Legolas and the Oliphant where he's well fit and I found the humour between Legolas and Gimly hilarious throughout he whole trilogy! *cough*
13.12.2007 - 12:33
Nilla
Account deleted
Tried to vote Return of the king but since the computer wen't a little weird I'm not sure that what I really voted. Anyway, I like the last movie better since to much of what I liked in the book was not in the first one, and in the second one they changed some good parts of the story and it's also hard to make the middle film great. The last one was the best, great battle scenes and a good ending to the triology.
13.12.2007 - 12:46
b0000mst1ck
Written by Guest on 13.12.2007 at 12:05

and I found the humour between Legolas and Gimly hilarious throughout he whole trilogy! *cough*

"that still only counts as one!" i still laugh at that.
13.12.2007 - 12:50
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
Written by b0000mst1ck on 13.12.2007 at 12:46

and I found the humour between Legolas and Gimly hilarious throughout he whole trilogy! *cough*

haha totally!
14.12.2007 - 11:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think I prefer the third, maybe its the nostalgia of the end...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.12.2007 - 13:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

or this from Battle at Helm´s Deep :

Legolas! Two already!
I'm on 17!
I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
Nineteen!

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.12.2007 - 14:35
b0000mst1ck
Written by Ellrohir on 14.12.2007 at 13:28

or this from Battle at Helm´s Deep :

Legolas! Two already!
I'm on 17!
I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
Nineteen!

the whole bit of those two keeping count has to be the best part of those movies. you have this whole epic battle taking place, with the fate of middle earth hanging in the balance, and one of your main heroes is on the back of an oliphant keeping count of his kills.
22.01.2008 - 11:18
Harmonic
Account deleted
I went with The Two Towers. The siege of Helm's Deep was amazingly atmospheric and truly memorable. (I haven't forgotten the Balrog or Shelob, though!)
22.01.2008 - 16:46
Damnated
Churchburner
although there wasn't really any battle scenes in the Fellowship of the Ring, i think it's still the best one. it has such an amazing atmosphere and feeling. something that was a bit left out in the 2 sequels.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.01.2008 - 19:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Damnated on 22.01.2008 at 16:46

it has such an amazing atmosphere and feeling. something that was a bit left out in the 2 sequels.

I totally agree.
----
25.01.2008 - 20:00
Ascalon
For me the Two Towers, it has the blattle of Helm's Deep, and also it the only one wich keeps an amazing and powerful atmosphere all the movie ... because The Fellowship it's amazing too, but it doesn't the war exciment, and The Return of the King .. it's cool too but when the green mass of ghost washed Minas Tirith was ... like ¬¬ XD ... the only failure of Peter Jackson.xD ... and if we go into Extended Versions .. maybe the Fellowship it's better.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
02.02.2008 - 12:48
^Necrolust^
I liked better the Fellowship of the Ring...It felt more similar to the book.I really enjoyed the other two movies though.
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
02.02.2008 - 13:43
Inlé
The Fellowship of the Ring felt more immersive and like the book. The 2nd two just felt like they were building the entire films around battle scenes. IMO
13.06.2008 - 14:45
Hamird
Lieutenant
Two Towers for me was the best one. .. at the end it was so epic, which i really enjoyed the story... other two were nice too, but not as nice as Two Towers.
16.06.2008 - 09:09
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
i'm a fan of Treebeard and the Ents,and watching them pulverize the white tower was epic.so two towers for me
16.06.2008 - 15:32
Dagorwen
It's hard to rate, for it seems the visuals get better and better, so for the visuals I would say Return, Towers, Fellowship, but in the and, the stupid story between Aragorn and Arwen gets always more ridiculous (above all that horrible creation of the fall in the river where Arwen kind of saves Aragorn) and Eowyn, one of my favourite character, is almost absent, or says nonsenses in regard of the book
but the music is less and less epic, so for the music I would say Fellowship, Towers, Return

The Return of the King is very special: you have awsome battle scenes, the army of the deads, but also Aragorn's horrible final speeche that sounds like Bush in Irak, awfull!

so I won't vote, too difficult to say!
16.06.2008 - 17:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Dagorwen on 16.06.2008 at 15:32

The Return of the King is very special: you have awsome battle scenes, the army of the deads, but also Aragorn's horrible final speeche that sounds like Bush in Irak, awfull!

What the hell is bad about it? I love it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2008 - 17:39
Dagorwen
you like Aragorn's speech? well, it's THE speeche you find in all american movies, I even wondered if he would not eventually talk about human rights
or is it Bush's speeches you like?
17.06.2008 - 00:40
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Lucas on 16.06.2008 at 17:35

I agree thats was not bad...
but when i see this movie in Iranian TV, this part were censored
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
17.06.2008 - 12:39
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Varegan on 17.06.2008 at 00:40

Written by Lucas on 16.06.2008 at 17:35

I agree thats was not bad...
but when i see this movie in Iranian TV, this part were censored

Still the record of censors is for Fast and Furious! about 20mins, i though that it was a trailer
Iranian TV is so entertaining!!!, they show a horror movie and censor the scary senses...
07.11.2008 - 13:55
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Can't choose love them all, anyway they are really one movie divided into three
09.11.2008 - 20:17
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Dagorwen on 16.06.2008 at 17:39

you like Aragorn's speech? well, it's THE speeche you find in all american movies, I even wondered if he would not eventually talk about human rights
or is it Bush's speeches you like?

What should he have done then? Just say "Ok bitches, I'm teh king now...k thx bye..."
I don't remember it out of hand and I don't happen to have a book by hand but I think that his message can be read in the book as well....
10.11.2008 - 14:07
Dagorwen
Written by Ernis on 09.11.2008 at 20:17

I don't happen to have a book by hand but I think that his message can be read in the book as well....

m gonna look at it tonight, but still, I found it way too political, it didn't sound epic at all (well, the battle is over, so it's somehow logical) but in the same movie, you have Theoden's speech that really rox!!!

PS: I'm laughing thinking of Aragorn saying "well bitches you can go now..."
19.11.2008 - 04:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Uhhhh i couldnt vote on which is which, mainly because i dont really like LOTR anything, but my friends and i played a game where everytime something was smoked or something relating to weed was said in the vaguest of contexts, we had to smoke. so the first two were my favorite. i havent gotten around to the third one yet.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.11.2008 - 06:24
laid2rest
Account deleted
The battle of Helms Deep is one of the most memorible battles I've seen. Though, it does make it hard to appreciate the scenes with Merry, Pippen, and TreeBeard because you're like "fuck, this is E P I C epic! yeah, hit that guys nuts with your axe Gimli! Aragorn, kill that guy over there! yeah and look! Legolas is... wait, what the fuck is this? a slow scene with Merry and Pippen? ugh!"

not that those scenes are bad, but when they're in the middle of Helms Deep, it's kinda hard to appreciate them.

The Return of the King was a bit long for my liking, but it was still very, very good.

The Fellowship of the Ring is a the nicest of the movies, but it can also be very dark at some points without trying to be, ya know?

I always called the Two Towers my favourite, but I'm not too sure know. I love all of them because they're very good films, and are probably the only truely GREAT films of the century, and 'cause I gotta show some NZ pride:P