Whoa, much faster!
About the same as it was
Slower

Total votes: 69
24.11.2007 - 12:38
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Now that the move to the new server is complete, is there any improvement?
24.11.2007 - 12:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Really, it could be just me and my optimistic view on life but it is really "whoa, much faster!".
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.11.2007 - 12:46
wrathchild
Staff
I still need time to decide whether I should vote "a little faster" or "much faster". But it's faster, indeed.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
24.11.2007 - 14:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
It's faster yes, but not so much that I would say much faster...but it's better
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.11.2007 - 14:26
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha, is it a sign? when I clicked "vote" I got the "unable to connect to the server" message, twice
hahaha, it'll probably not happen again

the site did load reasonably fast for me before, but now the pages load up nearly instantly - cannot complain about the speed at all from where I am sat. I just hope this one will be nice and reliable!

EDIT: ok, when I posted this message, I got the "cannot connect to server" message a few more times.. :/
24.11.2007 - 14:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2007 at 14:26

haha, is it a sign? when I clicked "vote" I got the "unable to connect to the server" message, twice
hahaha, it'll probably not happen again

the site did load reasonably fast for me before, but now the pages load up nearly instantly - cannot complain about the speed at all from where I am sat. I just hope this one will be nice and reliable!

EDIT: ok, when I posted this message, I got the "cannot connect to server" message a few more times.. :/

yes, eventhough its much faster I have gotten that message quite a few times as well.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.11.2007 - 14:35
Ivor
Staff

Behind the scenes work is in progress. Sorry about that.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
24.11.2007 - 14:36
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Ivor on 24.11.2007 at 14:35

Behind the scenes work is in progress. Sorry about that.

I.

naa, it doesn't matter - I had suspected something similar anyway
24.11.2007 - 15:33
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
Just like Barry, MS loaded fast for me even before it changed servers. I suppose it is thanks to my (abusively expensive) internet connection. But it is faster now, yes. I don't know how it would have been with a slower internet connection though.
24.11.2007 - 15:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Somehow its faster because when I open site its loads fatser, same whit forum and PM, but for me MS was fast in all time(since september) no slowing, dunno mayeb Im close to Estonia, but now it works faster, wanna try MS when I be in Sweden and then i will vote
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2007 - 16:59
FOOCK Nam
Very faster for me to load the site
24.11.2007 - 18:57
Lord TJ

Just like in my thread here?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
24.11.2007 - 19:02
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Lord TJ on 24.11.2007 at 18:57

Just like in my thread here?

no, the reason it wasn't loading for me (and everyone for those few moments) was that Ivor was doing something "behind the scenes" with the site at that moment in time
it is not a recurring problem
24.11.2007 - 19:08
Lord TJ
Oh ok good I was hoping that problem would go away with the new server!

And after searching around for a while, I would say this site has become MUCH faster indeed!
This makes me giddy! Good job staff!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

24.11.2007 - 20:09
Inlé
Many times faster than before for me. With ease.
24.11.2007 - 20:13
Lord TJ
I kept wondering if the new server would make MS a .com or something different like that.
----

24.11.2007 - 20:36
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 24.11.2007 at 20:13

I kept wondering if the new server would make MS a .com or something different like that.

No, that domain name is owned by the weapon manufacturer named Metal Storm. (Those bastards stole our name!)
24.11.2007 - 22:07
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.11.2007 at 15:33

Just like Barry, MS loaded fast for me even before it changed servers. I suppose it is thanks to my (abusively expensive) internet connection. But it is faster now, yes. I don't know how it would have been with a slower internet connection though.

I can tell you it loads faster on mine, for sure, MUCH faster.
24.11.2007 - 23:33
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh, MS is a lot faster - it was always something i that annoyed me about the site: the speed

but now!! it just zooms from page to page
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
25.11.2007 - 14:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
it is a little faster indeed
25.11.2007 - 16:28
W-Lash
Metal Master
I will try to access MS for a week and then i will be absolutely sure about the speed. But it seems that it is a bit faster.
25.11.2007 - 17:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by wrathchild on 24.11.2007 at 12:46

I still need time to decide whether I should vote "a little faster" or "much faster". But it's faster, indeed.

Same here..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
25.11.2007 - 17:57
Stalker
Lone wanderer
A little faster then month ago, and lot faster than 6 months ago. It is normal now, I think....
----
25.11.2007 - 18:16
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
On average, it is a little faster, everything seems to load in time, there is barely a waiting time
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
25.11.2007 - 19:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think it's a little faster... but a LOT faster when you open the collection pages, to open big wishlist could take years for me before. Now it takes like a second! :
----
26.11.2007 - 04:47
Eternal Flames
I'm also not sure whether to vote much faster or a little faster. It definitely is loading faster than before, but I can't say I had too many problems with the speed before the change of servers. I'm sure the move to a new server has definitely been a huge help to the MSer's who have a slower internet connection though.
26.11.2007 - 05:50
selken
Irreligious
Yep, it's faster, before I couldn't browse If I was downloading something, but now I can.
I also have tried with my work's connection and loads preety well.
----
26.11.2007 - 08:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Alot faster, sometimes it would go this fast for me on the odd occassion before, but then it would go back to the slow ass stalling and timing out crap. Hasnt done that once for me since the move.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.11.2007 - 21:26
Bash'
:)
The more I am in MS, the more I feel proud, the more I like it, Ivan and the staff at all...

Yes alot faster, thank you

(opps I can't veiw the emoticons box!, I wanted to make a wave lol)

*wave*
- by only one hand for the unability to veiw
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
27.11.2007 - 18:04
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Much faster for sure, I just browsed in the forum and it shows.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"