Norwegian metallers Communic are currently preparing the final writing details for their follow-up to 2008's Payment Of Existence. The band is planning to start the recording process early 2011. The band is hoping for a June 2011 release.

Comments guitarist/vocalist Oddleif Stensland: "I am really excited about this new material that we have put together for this new album. There is still some work left, but we are getting closer. I think the heaviness of these songs will surprise many of you, and the overall feeling of it, is way darker this time. The songs are shorter, more in your face and may seem straight forward at first, but there are many twists and turns that will just creep under your skin. This album is DEEP!

I know that many of you have been waiting for this album for a long time already, but everything has its time, and the time is now. Never before have I left so much of "myself" in our songs - never before has the price been so high - this album will be really special".

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Communic

Posted: 31.10.2010 by Thryce

Comments

Dark Blood - 31.10.2010 at 15:33
Very good news! Heavy and darker songs is great news, but I dont know about being shorter... I like them long!
MeTalRea|istiK - 31.10.2010 at 15:37

sounds good!!!looking forward to it
MetalSpider - 31.10.2010 at 16:15
I always thought these guys were underrated! Definitely a great band, even if they sounded like Nevermore at first. But now they've established their own style and I think its awesome.
corrupt - 31.10.2010 at 17:40
Written by MetalSpider on 31.10.2010 at 16:15

That's one way to see it. I still favor their first album over anything they've done since. Payment Of Existence is by far their worst effort to me. If they continue in that lane, they'll be dead to me in no time.
MetalSpider - 31.10.2010 at 19:25
I agree that Payment Of Existence is their worst effort, but still not bad. Personally, their second album, Waves of Visual Decay, was my favourite and the one I consider the best. Their first one was great, but at times I felt like I was listening to a Nevermore side-project.
Antidote - 08.11.2010 at 02:19
Good news! But I have to say...one thing I especially liked about them was their longer songs. So I'm not so shure what to expect now
Their longer tracks somehow made them more interesting and...DEEP if you will

News Power Quest - Issue New Album Update 7 09.08.2010 by The Shape 1973
News Blind Guardian - Issue New Album Update 7 18.10.2013 by Dentura
News While Heaven Wept - Issue New Album Update 7 28.11.2013 by Rodney
News Melechesh - Update On New Album 5.5 19.08.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Cormorant - Unveil New Vocalist/Bassist, New Album Update 5.5 13.06.2013 by Fradd

Hits total: 2095 | This month: 20