Amazon uploaded audio samples for each song from Imaginaerum, the new upcoming album from the Finnish symphonic metal act Nightwish. The samples were uploaded to the band's Soundcloud website and you can now listen to them here.

Nightwish posted the following on their official website: "Here are the official tasters from Imaginaerum! Even Amazon was so enthusiastic about the album, that they had to share these samples without asking us... If you want to experience the true impact of the album, we recommend that you do something else and not listen to these. With lots of respect!"

Imaginaerum will be released on November 30th in Finland and on December 2nd in Europe. More album details were previously reported over here.

[Also thanks to Ruudz for sending in this news!]

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 18.11.2011 by Unhealer

Comments

Milena - 18.11.2011 at 21:57
Crappy comment form them. I've enjoyed some of these moments. It's repetitive as shit and very mid-tempo, but there's some nice music around and I think I'll enjoy this album for a couple or more listens. The highlight is the weird folky tune in the end and Marco singing in Suomi.
Array - 18.11.2011 at 22:01
Written by Milena on 18.11.2011 at 21:57

I guess you already know this but.. those are just tiny pieces of an album.
Milena - 18.11.2011 at 22:03
Written by Array on 18.11.2011 at 22:01

I guess you already know this, but those are just tiny pieces of an album.

I know, but my mind tends to work in fragments and when I hear this sorta stuff I have about 80% chance of guessing how it might sound like.
Of course, due to this amazing and completely unnecessary gift, Nature has crippled me in a lot of other ways.
Array - 18.11.2011 at 22:05
Written by Milena on 18.11.2011 at 22:03

Written by Array on 18.11.2011 at 22:01

I guess you already know this, but those are just tiny pieces of an album.

Yeh, I agree that certain things can be solved out from these samples. Just not everything

EDIT: for Amazon
Unhealer - 18.11.2011 at 22:24
Most of the samples sound great musically speaking, so I guess I'll be sticking to the instrumental version of the album for most songs.
Dark†SymphonY - 18.11.2011 at 22:25
I feel this is going to be very similar to Dark Passion Play in every way. Some moments which are going to be brilliantly epic and others are going to be same old repetitive Nightwish with Anette. I'm hoping to hear the instrumentals of all the songs.
Troy Killjoy - 18.11.2011 at 22:31
"We recommend that you do something else and not listen to this album."
- Nightwish

Because even they know.
Mr. Doctor - 18.11.2011 at 22:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2011 at 22:31

"We recommend that you do something else and not listen to this album."
- Nightwish

Because even they know.

Oh man I read your comment first and I thought "there's no way they said that" and then I looked it up.
Hilarious.
Troy Killjoy - 18.11.2011 at 22:37
Written by Mr. Doctor on 18.11.2011 at 22:35
Hilarious.

Seriously though, they don't have to tell me not to listen.
Dargor - 18.11.2011 at 22:39
I'm actually looking forward this album now. I wasn't sure at first but it seems somewhat promising.
I never was a big fan of this band back when Tarja was the singer even if the music was awesome, but I think I prefer them now.

I've enjoyed DPP and I think I'll be pleased with this one. It sounds like it will be more epic than DPP.
But still, I do not have very high hopes, it may also be a very boring album. Who knows?
Mr. Doctor - 18.11.2011 at 22:40
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2011 at 22:37

Written by Mr. Doctor on 18.11.2011 at 22:35
Hilarious.

Seriously though, they don't have to tell me not to listen.

Well... They recommended that in quite a nice matter so I might as well do what they tell me and not listen a single note of the album.
That video was enough...
neonxaos - 19.11.2011 at 00:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2011 at 22:37

Written by Mr. Doctor on 18.11.2011 at 22:35
Hilarious.

Seriously though, they don't have to tell me not to listen.

Surprise!
Ag Fox - 19.11.2011 at 01:56
I'll wait :3

nice one, Troy
M C Vice - 19.11.2011 at 02:56
Based on recent form, will this quickly reach 100+ comments?
Rulatore - 19.11.2011 at 03:12
Liked a lot, now I'm looking forward to it
Stabby - 19.11.2011 at 03:48
Should be interesting. I'm officially sick of Storytime, though. All I hear now is "memememememememememememe" on the chorus.
Truemetaljope - 19.11.2011 at 03:49
Booooooooooooooooring
mikeprado30 - 19.11.2011 at 08:02
Sounds promising. I just need they release another song as great as "The Poet and the Pendulum".
Black Conundrum - 19.11.2011 at 11:19
I'll do as they say and not listen to the samples. I'll wait until the whole songs are available, because samples have a lack of reason for their existence, generally speaking.
mikeprado30 - 20.11.2011 at 00:15
Written by Black Conundrum on 19.11.2011 at 11:19

For myself not, they always give me a first impression about how it will be the big fish
Ernis - 20.11.2011 at 00:23
I think the fish is gonna be a good big fish. I'm very interested in hearing "Slow Love Slow" in its entirety. Jazz ballads are a good genre and worth experimenting, especially by quality bands. Almost every song seems to have a Celtic folk element which is another promising factor.
Milena - 21.11.2011 at 00:43
Written by Ernis on 20.11.2011 at 00:23

Oh yes, I think Annette can pull it off quite nicely. As for the Celtic touch... wouldn't like them to wander too much into folk, but I like hearing some folk from time to time, and also some Nightwish from time to time, so it's a perfect match really.
Ernis - 21.11.2011 at 00:53
Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 00:43

The folk was the thing that made the first albums of them so magical. It wasn't exactly Celtic but more oriental back then but still... these kinds of elements always spice up the music.
Milena - 21.11.2011 at 00:59
Written by Ernis on 21.11.2011 at 00:53

Oh, yes, indeed. I really liked the melodies of at least half the songs on their first releases, they had lovely guitar tones, and some neat keyboard stuff in it... I tend to dislike overly symphonic music, so I only listen to a few Once-onward tracks.
And I love that Oriental feel you're talking about... If all folk metal took cues from Amorphis and developed it further, it wouldn't have gotten boring so quickly.
Ernis - 21.11.2011 at 01:47
Written by Milena on 21.11.2011 at 00:59

Now that I think again, the acoustic guitar lines that can be heard in some of the samples do seem like a return to "Angels Fall First"...
Milena - 21.11.2011 at 01:49
Written by Ernis on 21.11.2011 at 01:47

A return to innocent times? James Hetfield (not a very smart person, I know) once said you can't undo what you've learnt - you can't make yourself a virgin again. I wonder how that experiment will turn out...
crimsontide - 21.11.2011 at 14:33
The music, chorus and Marco singing sound pretty nice. Regarding Annette and her voice, well...it'll never work with me.
Some passages seem very Tarot-ish! "Last ride of the day" vs "Rider of the last day", uhuh
ErnilEnNaur - 21.11.2011 at 16:21
"The same old dead boy's song" sums it up pretty well. I don't mean to jump on any volksbandwagon, but I am not impressed by these samples.
ErnilEnNaur - 21.11.2011 at 16:25
Written by mikeprado30 on 19.11.2011 at 08:02

The Poet And The Pendulum is indeed a great song, but it is also an emotional catharsis filled with pain, angst, rage and more pain perhaps. Now Tuomas is all childish and happy. I don't wish ill for the guy, he is a genius, but he is at his best when things suck for him.
Troy Killjoy - 21.11.2011 at 20:20
Nobody involved with Nightwish is a genius. End of story.
MétalNoir - 21.11.2011 at 20:30
First impression: this is pure shit. Same fucking guitar riff on every song, lots of crappy ballads, you-know-who's lame vocals, cheeeesy hop-dee-ho-hai-la/tic tac tic tac bits... I'll have to hear the whole album for a final judgement but to date the only track that almost made me smile shyly is "Arabesque". BAD.
ErnilEnNaur - 22.11.2011 at 10:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.11.2011 at 20:20

Nobody involved with Nightwish is a genius. End of story.

Troy Killjoy - 22.11.2011 at 10:08
^ I'd believe it if it weren't coming from a reputed Nightwish fanboy.
ErnilEnNaur - 22.11.2011 at 10:10
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.11.2011 at 10:08

^ I'd believe it if it weren't coming from a reputed Nightwish fanboy.

I am one of the harshest critics of Nightwish on MS.
Troy Killjoy - 22.11.2011 at 10:16
Written by Guest on 22.11.2011 at 10:10
:lol: I am one of the harshest critics of Nightwish on MS.

There is a chance I'm mistaking you for someone else... For some reason I thought you were one of the "can't touch this" crowd in regards to Nightwish.

My bad.

But I still stand by my statement that none of the musicians involved are geniuses.
Richard 32 - 28.11.2011 at 21:45
I think they sound quite promising.

News Nightwish - Imaginaerum Movie Score Samples Online 9 24.08.2012 by Jiri
News Nightwish - Making Of Imaginaerum Documentary Trailer Online 7.5 14.03.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Iced Earth - Audio Samples From New Single Online 5.5 06.04.2008 by WorpeX
News Absentation - New Website Online, EP And Samples Available 5.5 19.11.2007 by Fane
News Testament - Samples From New Songs Online 5.5 19.07.2012 by CHEF METALHEAD