Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish have launched a video contest, where they await self-made and original music videos from the fans for "The Crow, The Owl And The Dove" single, which will be released on March 2nd. The contest ends on April 10th. The aim is to make a video and then upload it to YouTube. The winners will be chosen by the band, label and management, also considering the number of views and "likes".

The user with the most viewed video gets the so-called Golden Ticket that allows them access to any Nightwish gig (except festivals). In addition, the winner gets a special award and meet & greet session with the band. There are also prizes for second and third place. The rules of the contest and all the details can be found at this location.

The band issued the following on their Facebook page: "Thanks to you fans, we have decided to make it as fair as possible. Now, the band will chose the winner, together with the label and the management, and under consideration of views and "like" clicks. So please do go on! Show us your creativity!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 25.02.2012 by ArgoP

Comments

Cynic Metalhead - 25.02.2012 at 13:54
Mainstream marketing..!
Unhealer - 25.02.2012 at 18:49
So I guess half of the videos will be filmed in the zoo.
LeChron James - 26.02.2012 at 03:48
I'm gonna film my video blowing blunt smoke in Annete's baby's face. INSTANT WIN.
M C Vice - 26.02.2012 at 04:46
Letting the fans make the music videos? I hope thek realize (realise or realize? someone help me here.) the potential for disaster.
What about a video where Turunen places childrens toys under Olzen's feet?
Stabby - 26.02.2012 at 07:30
I propose that they also hold a "photoshop this picture to make Anette's boobs symmetrical" contest.

Yes I know we talked about this last Nightwish news article and I'll make sure to keep bringing it up in interesting ways until that picture is updated to one when her boobs appear to be their normal proportions
SymphAlchemist - 26.02.2012 at 20:43
I've got the impression that the Nuclear Blast's guys are going to have a fucking good laugh watching all sent videos.
SymphAlchemist - 26.02.2012 at 20:51
Question: only the one who uploads the video will win? If other people help making the videoclip they will win too, won't they?
Stabby - 27.02.2012 at 09:13
Written by SymphAlchemist on 26.02.2012 at 20:51

I assume so. If their video gets picked and thwysay it's by "Johnny Something and Emily Insertlastnamehere" then they'll both be acknowledged. I can't say 100% but I don't see why not.

And yeah I bet they'll have a blast watching all of the attempts. Maybe even a...nuclear blast!
Milena - 27.02.2012 at 12:56
Written by Stabby on 26.02.2012 at 07:30

Oh you people, leave her boobs be
Stabby - 27.02.2012 at 23:52
Written by Milena on 27.02.2012 at 12:56

Written by Stabby on 26.02.2012 at 07:30

Oh you people, leave her boobs be

For the record I was amongst the most understanding commenters, pointing out that breastfeeding can do this but it is a transient thing!

That being said we have a huge selection of Nightwish pictures where her boobs look normal and somebody might want to change it. Just because, heh.
Milena - 28.02.2012 at 08:41
Written by Stabby on 27.02.2012 at 23:52

I'm just messing with ya I changed the Alaskan picture because people were complaining about the dude's manboobs staring at them from the front page, I'm not changing this... but every user is free to edit the picture if they want to
Stabby - 28.02.2012 at 10:08
Written by Milena on 28.02.2012 at 08:41

Written by Stabby on 27.02.2012 at 23:52

Oh you're right! I just assumed that it must be restricted but I guess it isn't. I submitted a better one. Although I must say that the selection for recent photos wasn't so great. Dark Passion Play had a ton of great ones and now not so much.
Milena - 28.02.2012 at 15:20
Written by Stabby on 28.02.2012 at 10:08

Well they didn't have a lineup change recently so I guess DPP pics could work too, but if you found a new one, that's pretty fine

News Tuomas Holopainen - New Lyric Video Released 6 11.04.2014 by Jiri
News Nightwish - New Video Online 6 09.11.2011 by
News Nightwish - Release Live Video 6 22.11.2012 by [-Ar3s-]
News Threshold - Another Single Released, Video Fan Contest Announced 5.5 09.08.2012 by BaneConall
News Theocracy - Announce Video Contest 4.5 28.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead