Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish will embark on a North American headlining tour in September with support from Kamelot.

The band commented: "Prepare your voices for screaming and your heads for dreaming! We are bringing Imaginaerum over to North America! This will be the one and only North American leg during the Imaginaerum World Tour, so make sure you'll be there!"

Kamelot's guitarist Thomas Youngblood stated: "We are looking forward to returning to the US and Canada on this very special tour package, get ready for some amazing nights of Metal!"

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 12 - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA
Oct. 07 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
Oct. 09 - Diamond Ballroom - Oklahoma City, OK
Oct. 10 - Emo's - Austin, TX
Oct. 11 - House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA
Oct. 13 - Revolution - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Oct. 14 - House of Blues Lake Buena Vista - Lake Buena Vista, FL

In other news, Nightwish recently announced the winners of the fan video contest they launched. Pedro José Antunes Hipólito Calvo from Portugal won the first place. To watch the videos and find out about the other winners, please visit the band's official website or this location.

[Also thanks to Array for sending in this news!]

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Event: Nightwish: Imaginaerum North American Tour 2012

Posted: 21.04.2012 by ShadowedFire88

Comments

WorpeX - 21.04.2012 at 14:56
And the Kamelot singer will be...?
Milena - 21.04.2012 at 15:54
Written by WorpeX on 21.04.2012 at 14:56

And the Kamelot singer will be...?

We still have no idea. They should reveal it before summer, but summer is pretty close and still no sign of any news...
Angel_Lament - 21.04.2012 at 17:01
I think this is the first time Kamelot support someone on Tour, still I'm dying to know who's the new vocalist is, and they just keep on planning tours and summer festivals!!
Stabby - 21.04.2012 at 19:31
Nowhere near me, but I'm sure I'll relish the videos.

And I too want to know who the new singer is. Who could replace him and not be an obvious step down? They had better be likeable at least. And I wonder what kind of impact it will have on the band's sound. Nightwish's singer change was a step down, but Anette is likeable (to meeeee) and the soul of the band was Tuomas. They still write some great songs that are uniquely Nightwish. But Roy Khan was the face of Kamelot, the other band members are good at what they do, but I can totally see them becoming mundane and forgettable without him. Just because I can't picture them without him.

Surprise me and make it good.
ZGoten - 21.04.2012 at 20:55
Oh my gawd, it's happening.
Sadly I don't live in the US.
Thrashette - 21.04.2012 at 21:31
Yaaaay, Toronto!!! This makes me so unbelievably happy
Now I hope the new Kamelot vocalist doesn't ruin it, whoever it ends up being
Milena - 21.04.2012 at 21:48
You guys that plan on going, throw some plushy toys onstage when Kam is playing, for me

Written by Stabby on 21.04.2012 at 19:31

Nowhere near me, but I'm sure I'll relish the videos.

Surprise me and make it good.

I was cheering for either Tommy Karevik of Seventh Wonder or Michael Eriksen of Circus Maximus; both of these lads were on tour with Kamelot for some time as guest singers and I could see either of them taking the gig and not sucking. I'd prefer Tommy by a slight margin because he doesn't remind me of Roy at all, which would be welcome because, ultimately, I'll make comparisons between the two singers and I wouldn't want them to take someone similar, and Eriksen DOES remind me of Roy for some reason. Both are IMMENSELY talented though. But I think the gig will go to Fabio in the end, and, with all due respect to Fabio, he's not fit for the job in Kamelot at all.
Stabby - 22.04.2012 at 05:06
Written by Milena on 21.04.2012 at 21:48

Written by Stabby on 21.04.2012 at 19:31

Nowhere near me, but I'm sure I'll relish the videos.

Surprise me and make it good.

Eriksen is great, I think you're right. I'll have to check out the other guy.

Fabio in Kamelot. It's just the accent for me. If he could control the thick Italian accent then he could do it, he has an amazing voice, it would just be too much of a change from Khan. He sounds best in the Italian-flavored metal of Rhapsody.
M C Vice - 22.04.2012 at 05:20
Written by WorpeX on 21.04.2012 at 14:56

And the Kamelot singer will be...?

Isn't it obvious?
Look who their touring with.
WorpeX - 22.04.2012 at 06:38
Written by M C Vice on 22.04.2012 at 05:20

Written by WorpeX on 21.04.2012 at 14:56

And the Kamelot singer will be...?

Isn't it obvious?
Look who their touring with.

I don't follow. I understand they're touring with Nightwish but I highly doubt either Macro or Annette will be singing in both bands, especially since each band will probably get an hour and a half set by themselves so 3 hours of singing every night is insane.

Since this is later in the year, its likely Kamelot expects their new singer to be chosen and ready for this tour.
M C Vice - 22.04.2012 at 08:25
Written by WorpeX on 22.04.2012 at 06:38

Written by M C Vice on 22.04.2012 at 05:20

Written by WorpeX on 21.04.2012 at 14:56

And the Kamelot singer will be...?

Isn't it obvious?
Look who their touring with.

I was implying it would be Marco Heitala, that way they would save money on accomadation. Besides, he's sung for nearly everyone else.
What's ZP Theart doing these days?
Milena - 22.04.2012 at 09:24
Written by M C Vice on 22.04.2012 at 08:25

What's ZP Theart doing these days?

I hope you are joking NO.
M C Vice - 22.04.2012 at 10:03
Written by Milena on 22.04.2012 at 09:24

Written by M C Vice on 22.04.2012 at 08:25

What's ZP Theart doing these days?

I hope you are joking NO.

Hey, It could've been worse. I could have suggested Tom Warrior.
The Shape 1973 - 22.04.2012 at 11:09
Nightwish news, but most comments are about Kamelot, the support act....but I want to know too...would love to see Roy back.
Cynic Metalhead - 22.04.2012 at 20:33
Gaawwd! this is fucking biased. Fucking discrimination.

I should have won the best video shit. i wasted my like um fourteen days or 336 hours and btw who the fuck Pedro Jose An..."wait lost my place i think" is? How'd S/he won? This is cheating.
Tristus Scriptor - 22.04.2012 at 21:16
Michael Eriksen FTW. The recent Circus Maximus news has my hopes down on this one, but I have my fingers crossed. The only person I think that could do as well (if not better) is Alfred Romero.
Troy Killjoy - 23.04.2012 at 03:31
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.04.2012 at 20:33
This is cheating.

Nice mini-meltdown.
SymphAlchemist - 14.05.2012 at 01:25
Without Roy it's not KAMELOT!, it's just kamelot. But for opening it's more than fine. =]]]
Cal Wolvington - 16.05.2012 at 10:42
I always dreamed of Kamelot and Nightwish working together and maybe even doing an album together (I can dream damn it!), but not under conditions such as these, after having lost Roy and both bands just having released their worst albums ever.

News Enslaved - Announce North American Tour With Pallbearer And Ancient VVisdom 8.5 07.11.2012 by Edmund Fogg
News Meshuggah - Announce North American Tour Dates With Decapitated And Baroness 8.5 02.02.2012 by benvolent
News Septicflesh - Announce North American Tour With Inquisition, Krisiun, Melechesh And Ex Deo 8.5 10.07.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Volbeat - Announce North American Tour With Support From Iced Earth And Hellyeah 8.5 20.04.2012 by CHEF METALHEAD
News Kamelot - Announce N. American Tour With DragonForce 8.5 14.09.2014 by Steadydrummer619