"Dark Fate Of Atlantis", the new video from Italian metal outfit Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is now available for viewing below. The song is taken from the band's upcoming album entitled Ascending To Infinity, penned in for a June 22nd release via Nuclear Blast. The video was directed by Owe Lingvall. More album details were previously reported here and here.

[Also thanks to OpenMind for sending in this news!]

Source: ltrhapsody.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli's Rhapsody

Posted: 04.05.2012 by BudDa

Comments

qlacs - 04.05.2012 at 14:33
Hmm.. I guess this album will be the first in 6 years I'll listen to that has the words Rhapsody on the cover. Sounds blasting.
DieH@rd - 04.05.2012 at 15:11
Sounds great, both new singer and the song. Cant wait for full album.
blackend - 04.05.2012 at 15:23
Sounds quite nice, let's see what the Album hold within, maybe I'll consider buying it.
Baz Anderson - 04.05.2012 at 15:40
I didn't really like that... didn't sound like a Rhapsody to me... sounded too much like a Luca solo song, which I guess this band pretty much is now...

I'll definitely give the album a go when it comes out, but I don't like Luca's solo stuff - and I don't have any high hopes for this any more.
chronic-headache - 04.05.2012 at 15:46
I like rhapsody, but fabios voice can become annoying fast. Im looking forward to this one.
Dinruth - 04.05.2012 at 16:38
Written by chronic-headache on 04.05.2012 at 15:46

fabio's not in LT's Rhapsody
UnknownCheese - 04.05.2012 at 18:31
That vocalist's opera singing is annoying. Much prefer Fabio to him. Oh well, can't win em all. The song was pretty cool though.
Paradox0 - 04.05.2012 at 19:29
A power metal songs which attempts to go to new extremes rather than be as over the top as everyone else, I approve. The operatic vocalist is surprisingly fresh by comparison to the high-falsetto singing usually branded as "glorious" in most power metal. I'm surprised so few power metal bands try to go this route.
exomorphyx89 - 04.05.2012 at 20:17
Nice song... more of the same but enjoyable! Great vocalist!
The Shape 1973 - 04.05.2012 at 20:59
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.05.2012 at 15:40

My thoughts too. Half expected him to start singing The Ancient Forest Of Elves. Couldn't stand a whole album of that. Have to wait and see what the other Rhapsody come up with.
Baz Anderson - 04.05.2012 at 22:46
I am fully confident the proper Rhapsody (Of Fire) will be able to carry on putting out good stuff...
chronic-headache - 04.05.2012 at 23:43
Written by Dinruth on 04.05.2012 at 16:38

Written by chronic-headache on 04.05.2012 at 15:46

fabio's not in LT's Rhapsody

which is why I am looking forward to this one
Stabby - 05.05.2012 at 02:18
It's not as memorable as Rhapsody was, that's for sure. Some of it was pretty good, like the singer's voice and the intro, but it's very average for me. I guess they have their own aesthetic sensibilities and someone in Rhapsody Of Fire was responsible for the original Rhapsody sound. Maybe the keyboard player, he's pretty prominent. I never really liked Luca Turilli solo that much except for a few songs on the first album, and this sounds like a wholly Turilli effort.
AngelofDeth - 05.05.2012 at 07:22
Way too much guitar shit going on! i know its very technically challenging stuff but that doesnt mean it sounds good, in fact this song got annoying pretty quick. too bad... will have to wait and see what the other rhapsody does..
LeChron James - 05.05.2012 at 10:03
Good christ that was awful. Forgetting that the video made absolutely no sense, the song sorta followed the typical Rhapsody song structure, sorta but the lead singer sounded awful. Also, the sporadic female honkery made the song seem like some aborted stepchild of song that belonged on AEALO or something.

In short, not worth pausing the Heavenly that I was listening to before watching this. I wonder what the other half of Rhapsody is going to rebuttal with.
Dennuz666 - 05.05.2012 at 10:39
Not really as good as i hoped for I don't like the lead singer, at the end of the song he really starts annoying me.
Carl Berg - 05.05.2012 at 17:13
Excellent singer, top-notch musicianship and amazing power metal atmosphere. Welcome back Luca Turilli!
mikeprado30 - 06.05.2012 at 01:57
Amazing! This album gets the points to be (at least for myself) best than Prophet of the Last Eclipse!
DieH@rd - 06.05.2012 at 14:05
I dont know...
For me "Prophet of the Last Eclipse!" is one of the rare true masterpieces of power metal. But it anyone can top that, its Luca.
jdsony - 18.05.2012 at 00:02
This doesn't sound like Rhapsody of Fire though because it's a new band. Rhapsody of Fire & Luca Turilli's Rhapsody are two separate entities coexisting in time & space. It's so very Italian of them to keep the same name.

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Announce New Drummer 10.5 21.04.2012 by csiga
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Update On New Album 10.5 30.12.2011 by Truemetaljope
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 10.5 31.01.2012 by LeChron James
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Cover Unveiled 10.5 27.02.2012 by Windrider
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Trailer For Upcoming Release Online 10.5 16.11.2011 by DieH@rd