Finns Ensiferum have just released a brand new video today for the song "In My Sword I Trust", which was directed by Rafal Szermanowicz. The song will appear on the upcoming release Unsung Heroes, which hits stores on August 27th through Spinefarm Records. The new video for the song "In My Sword I Trust" can be watched below and you can get all the details about the video here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ensiferum

Posted: 08.08.2012 by FreddeSwede

Comments

AngelofDeth - 08.08.2012 at 19:50
Pretty good! i like it much better than the first song they released from the album.
chronic-headache - 08.08.2012 at 19:52
Not saying its a bad song, quite the opposite, but once the bassist kicked in with his harsh vox the song got much MUCH better
J. N. - 08.08.2012 at 19:58
Written by chronic-headache on 08.08.2012 at 19:52

The bassist does the clean vocals.

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind.
J. N. - 08.08.2012 at 20:02
And for the song: Snore.

4:10 - Did the camera fell?
Dark Blood - 08.08.2012 at 22:05
I'm not a big fan of the band, I only have 'Victory Songs', but I really like this song.
Nickferatu367 - 08.08.2012 at 23:07
FeskarN - 08.08.2012 at 23:19
I like the song alot. Really nice to hear Sami doing the solo clean vocals and some growling aswell. Epic chorous.
EmeraldSword - 08.08.2012 at 23:21
Ok video... but I have a few gripes. I'm surprised no one brought this up. One major complaint with it is that opacity is lowered so low it's hard for me to watch very long. So washed out by the dark gray you have to squint to see the musicians playing. The making of video was not like that in principle photography. I don't understand the departure upon completion.

Finally, not a fan of the stop motion shots. Makes you feel like you're watching a slideshow of photos with music dubbed over.

The redeeming highlight for me was watching the band's animated expressions. Pretty funny.
malaikat - 09.08.2012 at 00:00
Pretty generic. Not an optimist concerning new album if they choose this song to be the flagship.
BlueMobius - 09.08.2012 at 00:01
OK video, nothing really different than what other bands are doing. As far the song, I don't get the gripes. It's the same ol' stuff Ensiferum has been playing for years. You either like it or you don't. And if you did like it at one point and don't now, you've outgrown it, so it's time to put on your big boy metal breeches and start checking out the suggestions in the extreme metal forum.
Rulatore - 09.08.2012 at 00:43
Pretty generic, sometimes boring... dont know what expect of the album, smells a disappointment
Tornado Of Souls - 09.08.2012 at 01:04
I prefer the first song released much more than this one.
Metal George - 09.08.2012 at 20:02
Good song needs more circle pit riffs
Windrider - 09.08.2012 at 20:34
Great stuff, finally a video with the band playing their instruments, and the song is different, but epic as hell, love Sami's vocals and the awesome solo!
Arcticus - 09.08.2012 at 20:42
Written by Dark Blood on 08.08.2012 at 22:05

Dude. Get the first 2 albums at least, and "From Afar" is better than "Victory Songs" as well. Do yourself a favour!
The Shape 1973 - 09.08.2012 at 20:52
Like the chorus. The rest is a bit bland, solo too short, video pointless.
alfrede110 - 11.08.2012 at 07:02
The melody is great, but not the video. I don't understand why the band would spend a lot of money to go to Poland for video shooting of a medieval fight (which is basically a good idea), and then in the end just use a slideshow of photos for their video! At the last chorus it seems that everything is going towards "behind-the-scenes" stuff. Creativity in metal videos is becoming scarcer these days. A video like "Anodyne Sea" of As I Lay Dying, is just an exception...
Dinruth - 11.08.2012 at 10:15
Written by alfrede110 on 11.08.2012 at 07:02

I don't know .. while I agree with you that this video is definitely not a very good one, your "Anodyne Sea" does not seem to be a great eye opener either .. no doubt better than Ensiferum one, but nothing super creative, as I would have suspected after your comment
alfrede110 - 11.08.2012 at 14:15
Written by Dinruth on 11.08.2012 at 10:15

Written by alfrede110 on 11.08.2012 at 07:02

I respect your opinion, but there are several creative elements in "Anodyne Sea": 1. I guess it's one of the few times that ALL members of a band themselves perform "a role" in a video and they're the main characters, not just the frontman, and not just simply playing the song. Yes, of course I recall Rammstein's videos (like Rosenrot), Metallica's "I Disappear" or Amon Amarth's "Runes To my Memory", although the music performance portion in the two latter is rather higher. 2. The drummer acts as POV so what we see during the video is his point of view. The moment that he got a punch to his face still makes me feel goosebumps. 3. It looks really realistic and shocking; I consider it as a short video about repression, rather than a music video. 4. If you read the lyrics, you'll notice that it's closely related to the main idea of the video. As well, I recommend you to watch the "making of" video to see how the filmmakers are using their initiative.
But, as I said, it's somehow related to everyone's own views. Anyway, look forward to Ensiferum's future videos!
R'Vannith - 12.08.2012 at 15:27
Well that is one uninspired song.
Sepulchre - 13.08.2012 at 01:15
Written by R'Vannith on 12.08.2012 at 15:27

Well that is one uninspired song.

Exactly what I was thinking... The song is definitely not bad, just... yeah, uninspired.
Ellrohir - 18.08.2012 at 22:41
Decent song for current Ensiferum...but hardly anything more
Dark Cornatus - 19.08.2012 at 08:27
Remove Petri, and this song would be less boring. How much more could he suck in this song?

News Ensiferum - New Video Online 9 05.09.2009 by Skøllgrim
News Ensiferum - Fan Names Star After Band, New Video Online 9 02.05.2007 by Doc Godin
News Unisonic - New Lyric Video Online 5.5 24.05.2014 by R Lewis