Unsung Heroes, the entire new album from the Finnish folk metallers Ensiferum, has been made available for streaming at this location. The album was released in Finland today on August 24th and will hit stores on August 27th and August 28th in the rest of Europe and North America through Spinefarm Records.

Unsung Heroes tracklist:

01. Symbols
02. In My Sword I Trust
03. Unsung Heroes
04. Burning Leaves
05. Celestial Bond
06. Retribution Shall Be Mine
07. Star Queen (Celestial Bond Part II)
08. Pohjola
09. Last Breath
10. Passion Proof Power

Source: levykauppax.fi
Band profile: Ensiferum

Posted: 24.08.2012 by Blizk

Comments

Neroese - 24.08.2012 at 13:12
Leaked.
kaspair - 24.08.2012 at 13:23
Written by Guest on 24.08.2012 at 13:12

Leaked.
Leaked? It's released today...
FreddeSwede - 24.08.2012 at 13:51
Written by kaspair on 24.08.2012 at 13:23

Written by Guest on 24.08.2012 at 13:12

Leaked.
Leaked? It's released today...

Yes, but not all over the world.
Warman - 24.08.2012 at 14:48
Dissapointed, without a doubt the "worst" they've done. It's good, but no more than that. Nothing special, lack of that wow-factor many of their earlier songs have.
Ellrohir - 24.08.2012 at 16:54
And yet another band fell...

come on, guys...tell us, this is just some late april fool and the real album will be worth your name...
bloodwrage - 24.08.2012 at 16:58
This is alright. Definitely not what I was hoping for, but at least it's better than From Afar. Probably going to settle around a 7.4ish after a few more listens.
Ellrohir - 24.08.2012 at 17:05
Better than From Afar? come on...From Afar was a killer, and especially compared to this pile of crap...if you said "better than Victory Songs", we can talk about it, although i am afraid, this is simply hopeless album
bloodwrage - 24.08.2012 at 17:30
Written by Ellrohir on 24.08.2012 at 17:05

I really don't like From Afar. Basically the only track I would listen to would be Twilight Tavern. Maybe Stone Cold Metal. The rest was Petri and Tointoken (however the fuck you spell his name) trying (and failing) to break away from Jari's presence.
Ellrohir - 24.08.2012 at 17:32
I proclaimed "From Afar" to be 2nd best album of 2009 (see my list, although may be a bit outdated now), so...

but even if i did that, and even if i say i like all Ensiferum albums more or less, this new album must be a joke
Array - 24.08.2012 at 17:35
No matter how hard I try I just don't get that part of Jari's presence.
The Shape 1973 - 24.08.2012 at 17:38
Can't get streaming to play.
Ellrohir - 24.08.2012 at 17:46
Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 17:38

Can't get streaming to play.

u r a lucky guy
The Shape 1973 - 24.08.2012 at 18:00
Written by Ellrohir on 24.08.2012 at 17:46

Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 17:38

Can't get streaming to play.

u r a lucky guy

Got it working now.

Oh fuck!
Opethian - 24.08.2012 at 18:05
Im not a fan at all. Can someone tell me what this album is lacking in comparison to Ensiferum's earlier releases?
J. N. - 24.08.2012 at 18:09
Written by Opethian on 24.08.2012 at 18:05

By the two songs I've heard so far, the answer to your question would be "everything".
WorpeX - 24.08.2012 at 18:09
Haven't listened to the album yet, but judging on what others have said here.. i'll probably like it! I didn't like From Afar much either apart from Twilight Tavern, and if this album is better than that one, all will be good! I like the song on the video, so this can't be that bad.
The Shape 1973 - 24.08.2012 at 18:17
Apart from In My Sword I Trust, which I didn't like the first time I heard it, there is nothing really that epic. Star Queen sounds like a parody of Turisas done badly.

Still not heard the 17 minute track yet, I'm not expecting much though. EDIT. Have now heard it and it is epic. Epically bad.

I wonder why bands stream things before release? There are so many albums that I would have bought until hearing them on a stream. Then not bothered because they are crap.
Ellrohir - 24.08.2012 at 18:18
Yea, but the video song is probably the best and the only one good...
Death - 24.08.2012 at 19:03
Well yes, apparently Ensiferum has lost their power but still the album is really nice.

It's sad to hear so many people disappointed. Now people will probably have high expectations of Wintersun's Time. I hope you guys won't get disappointed again.
Opethian - 24.08.2012 at 20:27
Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 18:17

I hear you on that 100%. Im guessing Record Labels do it for the 'Hype'. Its the Hardcore fans that still end up purchasing the album, no matter if its good or bad (Which in this case it is)
elven - 24.08.2012 at 20:37
Unispired album.. the worst ensiferum album imo...
The Shape 1973 - 24.08.2012 at 21:53
Written by Death on 24.08.2012 at 19:03

I'm sure we will be disappointed. 2012 has been shit so far for metal. New Epica crap, new Sonata Arctica crap, Ensiferum crap, the list goes on.
AngelofDeth - 24.08.2012 at 21:55
Written by Opethian on 24.08.2012 at 18:05

Its slowed down and dumbed down. In the past they have had speed and complexity and a more seemless use of keyboards and symphonics. This album sounds like a C-grade Ensiferum-copy band, not Ensiferum themselves.

I think I enjoyed 5 songs on the album, but half of those still show some weaknesses. *Sigh* On the other hand Wintersuns new album is sounding great!
AngelofDeth - 24.08.2012 at 21:59
Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 21:53

Written by Death on 24.08.2012 at 19:03

Have you heard the new song clips??? Wintersun is sounding better than ever, I have no doubt itll be great! Though I will agree about the Epica and Ensiferum letdowns.. what a shame, 2 of my favorite bands

The Shape 1973 - 24.08.2012 at 22:02
Written by AngelofDeth on 24.08.2012 at 21:59

Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 21:53

Written by Death on 24.08.2012 at 19:03

Just heard them, this year might not be the worst yet. Sound good.
Ellrohir - 24.08.2012 at 22:10
Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 21:53

you have to select good bands

Agalloch, Appalachian Winter, Barren Earth, Lunatic Gods...the list goes on
chronic-headache - 25.08.2012 at 00:56
Just cancelled my pre-order
the songs were okay...but sooo damn boring and...yeah, agreed with the guy who said it sounds like a band trying to Ensiferum rather than Ensiferum themselves. The first 4 albums were great...the heck happened?
Death - 25.08.2012 at 02:06
Written by AngelofDeth on 24.08.2012 at 21:59

Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 21:53

Written by Death on 24.08.2012 at 19:03

Hmm, I haven't listened to this preview before.

Okay, you are right I also checked out "The Way of the Fire" live footage and it sounds good.
bitethepain - 25.08.2012 at 02:20
Sounds awesome to me! Can't wait to get the album!
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 25.08.2012 at 03:42

The fact is, that after preordering this album and getting a London ticket and only hearing two of their songs from Unsung Heroes. One of them was alright, the other one was shite. Meh, ah I'll still wait until its in my hands for full exposure. These comments seem quite surreal about the Ensiferum, but are so far very funny....
Opethian - 25.08.2012 at 06:00
Written by The Shape 1973 on 24.08.2012 at 21:53

Written by Death on 24.08.2012 at 19:03

Perhaps for the bands that you mentioned
Void Eater - 25.08.2012 at 10:41
Shits fuckin weak as fucuujk brol i mean i stoped listening at the firdst song bec thiis ius laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamer
Varyag - 25.08.2012 at 11:56
I was genuinly disappointed with this, had very high expectations of this album. A couple of songs might stick but the rest is just not the Ensifeum I once knew and loved.

Gonna give it some time tho, but I doubt it will change my mind about it..

Ellrohir - 25.08.2012 at 12:14
Second listening session...still crap
Varegan - 25.08.2012 at 19:06
Aonther magic potion, with lower dose of catcher epic magical shit, takes time until I feel it's effect.
Ellrohir - 26.08.2012 at 00:42
Written by Varegan on 25.08.2012 at 19:06

takes time until I feel it's effect.

maybe with release of next and even worse album...
Varegan - 26.08.2012 at 11:31
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2012 at 00:42

Written by Varegan on 25.08.2012 at 19:06

takes time until I feel it's effect.

maybe with release of next and even worse album...

After 4th listeing session, I have a feeling like I've been drinking water all the time and its not wine.
I hate to drink water, water aint catch, and also fish fucks in it, smelly horny fishes.

demands a load of honey, little bit of yeast and long time to become mead
Grody2themax - 29.08.2012 at 22:36
Wow holy shit this sucks. Even the lyrics are boring, as hell. Cliche'd medieval themes. I mean, old Ensiferum, basically first 3 albums were blatantly medieval themed, but never so corny you couldn't take it serious. "In my sword I trust" followed by a drum roll. How cheesy can you get, lol.

Edit: Celestial Bond is a pretty nice song. All of the metal songs suck, and even that song is a pretty standard sounding acoustic ballad.
Ellrohir - 30.08.2012 at 11:25
According to me, "Celestial Bond" is one of the worst, if not the worst...at least the first part
Dark Cornatus - 31.08.2012 at 13:15
I tihnk this album could have been redeemed if Petri was kicked and replaced by someone who can liven the vocals up a bit. The music would not drag so much then.

News Devolved - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 13.11.2012 by Machiavelli