Iron Maiden have just been announced as the first headliner confirmed for Download 2013. They'll be bringing their triumphant Maiden England tour to Donington Park on the 25th Anniversary of their first headline performance at the legendary home of rock.

The festival will take place at Donington Park, in the UK, from 14-16th June 2013.

Bruce Dickinson said: "We're absolutely over the moon to be headlining Donington again. The idea of returning exactly 25 years later with a show inspired by that same 1988 Seventh Son Tour, was too good an opportunity to be missed! And, thanks to modern technology, we've been able to update and improve on the original production. We will be bringing a huge new lightshow, stage set, various incarnations of Eddie, plenty of pyro and all kinds of other exciting stuff for the fans. And of course treating the fans to lots of their favourite songs from that period! We've had many great times at Donington and there is always a wonderful mix of bands and a really wild crowd who love their metal, all of which makes for a memorable show and fantastic party atmosphere!"

In other Iron Maiden related news, the debut solo album by Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris entitled British Lion was released for online streaming via Facebook. In order to listen to the album, go to this page and "Like" the page. Alternatively, you can stream it over here.

The physical release of the album is scheduled to September 24th, 2012. More album details here.

British Lion tracklist:

10. The Lesson

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden

Posted: 20.09.2012 by Ellrohir

Comments

Void Eater - 20.09.2012 at 20:57
That solo album has an awful guitar tone, mediocre singing, and incredibly dull riffs that were stale in 1980.
ruffio - 20.09.2012 at 21:08
I gotta agree, Steve Harris is one of my favorite bassist's but the vocals are weak, the production feels really off balance between the instruments, and yeah stale riffs.
Unna Med - 20.09.2012 at 22:58
Yeah, the production is soo lame.
Even Candlemass' "Psalms For The Dead" didn't disappoint me like this did.
bloodwrage - 20.09.2012 at 23:38
I really wasn't hoping for much from this, and it didn't even live up to that. It just gets way to poppy in quality and writing at some parts, especially on Lost Worlds. And, like everyone else is saying, the production and vocalist suck.
LeChron James - 21.09.2012 at 06:49
Steve's album sounds like a neutered version of Bruce's solo shit. Except worse. I can't put my finger on what it sounds like, but I'll think of a comparison.
Machiavelli - 21.09.2012 at 11:11
Terrible effort from someone who has been around.
Ellrohir - 21.09.2012 at 11:31
Written by LeChron James on 21.09.2012 at 06:49

Bruce's solo shit

he at least could sing, so the shit still sounds somewhat good...the singer here? meh...
The Shape 1973 - 21.09.2012 at 21:23
Glad its not a Maiden clone, but that is so watered down and without any balls.

Sounds like when Tony Harnell left TNT and formed WestWorld, he left his testicles behind.
Dentura - 05.10.2012 at 01:43
I'm sorry Steve, I think you're great, but this is one of the worst albums I've heard all year. I was not anticipating another Maiden album, but I was hoping for something more than this.

News Steve Harris - Premieres Video From Solo Album 12 03.10.2012 by Nemo Atkins
News Iron Maiden - Steve Harris To Release Solo Album In September 12 18.07.2012 by Unhealer
News Iron Maiden Release Album Title And Tracklist 7.5 20.06.2006 by NECURATU
News Québec City Summer Festival - Iron Maiden Confirmed 7.5 29.04.2010 by ApocalypticaMax3
News Iron Maiden - Reveal New Album Title, N. American Tour With Dream Theater 7.5 04.03.2010 by Stalker