Not surprisingly, As I Lay Dying have decided to drop off their upcoming North American tour they had planned with Killswitch Engage due to start at the end of this month. In case you have been living under a rock, the band's vocalist Tim Lambesis has recently been arrested on charges that he tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife and has since then pleaded not guilty at his arraignment. Not exactly the best time to go out on tour.

The following message was released by As I Lay Dying: "To our fans, in light of recent events, As I Lay Dying will unfortunately not be taking part in the upcoming tour with Killswitch Engage. Given the circumstances, we feel that it is best for the band to be off the road while the current situation gets sorted. We'd like to thank all of our fans for their ongoing support at this difficult time. - Jordan, Nick, Phil, and Josh."

Killswitch Engage announced their replacements on the tour: "Since As I Lay Dying has announced they will not be able to join us on this tour... we would like to welcome Darkest Hour, and The Word Alive on the Disarm the Descent 2013 US TOUR!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying

Posted: 16.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Ace Frawley - 16.05.2013 at 13:36
If I was in North America I'd be quite pleased to have Darkest Hour as replacement. Also, I suppose this will be the first time seeing Travis Orbin live on drums. Also wonder if they'll test drive any new material?
psykometal - 16.05.2013 at 23:29
I would have rather seen As I Lay Dying since I've never much cared for Darkest Hour, and no clue who the hell that other band is.
Ace Frawley - 17.05.2013 at 13:59
Written by psykometal on 16.05.2013 at 23:29

Oh well, bad luck!
Uldreth - 17.05.2013 at 21:07
Written by psykometal on 16.05.2013 at 23:29

It is a synthcore band.

Surprisingly good though, though I don't believe you'd like them.

I've seen them live supporting Parkway Drive and they were pretty good.

News Killswitch Engage - North American Tour With As I Lay Dying 10 12.04.2013 by BaneConall
News Trivium - Announce European Tour Dates With As I Lay Dying 7.5 03.06.2012 by Ace Frawley
News Wovenwar - Debut New Single, Announce Tour Dates 7.5 21.04.2014 by Asat0r
News The Faceless - Drop Off European Tour With Protest The Hero 7 09.11.2014 by Apothecary
Events SLO, Maribor - Killswitch Engage + As I Lay Dying 6 27.07.2008 by Abattoir