UPDATE on 10.05.2013: There have been new developments on the Tim Lambesis' case. Remember that he was arrested for allegedly seeking the help of an undercover detective to have his estranged wife killed. UT San Diego is now reporting that he has pleaded not guilty at his arraignment in Vista Superior Court to a single count of solicitation for murder. He faces up to nine years in prison if convicted.

During the arraignment, Judge Martin Staven set Lambesis' bail at $3 million. If he posts bail, the judge said, Lambesis will have to surrender his passport and wear a GPS device to monitor his whereabouts. Staven also ordered the defendant to stay away from his wife, Meggan Lambesis, and their three children. You can watch a video of the arraignment over here.

Several of Lambesis' family members and friends, including some of his bandmates, appeared at the hearing Thursday. Many of them submitted letters to the judge showing their support for the defendant.

Prosecutors said a recording exists of Lambesis giving the officer an envelope with cash, home gate codes and pictures of Meggan, alleging the musician told the officer to kill her while he was with their children in order to establish an alibi. Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grosso alleged that Lambesis had also engaged in extramarital affairs and emailed Meggan to state he had fallen out of love with her and stopped believing in God.

The alleged target of the plot, Lambesis' wife, told the judge she feared for her life and was unsure if there were additional hits put out on her. Lambesis' attorney disputed those claims, saying his client did not intend to harm anyone and calling the case the result of a "scumbag snitch setup."

A readiness hearing was set for June 10th and preliminary hearing for July 10th.

UPDATE on 09.05.2013: As I Lay Dying have finally released a statement concerning the recent situation involving their frontman Tim Lambesis who was arrested allegedly after seeking the help of an undercover detective to have his estranged wife killed.

The band commented on the matter: "To our fans, as we post this, the legal process is taking its course and we have no more information than you do. There are many unanswered questions, and the situation will become clearer in the coming days and weeks. We'll keep you informed as best we can.

Our thoughts right now are with Tim, his family, and with everyone else affected by this terrible situation - and with our fans, whom we love and draw strength from. Thank you for understanding, and as always, for your support of As I Lay Dying. Jordan, Nick, Phil, and Josh."

Original news, published on 08.05.2013

This all sounds like a crazy movie, but according to Reuters, As I Lay Dying frontman and co-founder of the band Tim Lambesis was arrested on Tuesday in California at an Oceanside business on charges that he sought the help of a hitman to murder his estranged wife, who resides in Encinitas. The band in recent days had been touring in Asia.

Police had previously learned Lambesis was looking for someone to carry out the killing, San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said. "The information came to us late last week. We acted quickly on it. I believe that we averted a great tragedy," she said.

Lambesis' wife, Meggan, reportedly filed papers in San Diego Superior Court in September 2012 seeking a dissolution of marriage.

Tim Lambesis is now expected to appear in court for an arraignment on Wednesday or Thursday. Neither the band nor their label Metal Blade have made any comment as of now.

The Sheriff's department official statement

[Also thanks to WorpeX for sending in this news!]

Source: reuters.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying

Posted: 10.05.2013 by DaMaGeR

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

cossaisVendeurs - 09.05.2013 at 17:37
As My Wife Lays Dying
growl_kid - 09.05.2013 at 19:38
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 09.05.2013 at 17:37

As My Wife Lays Dying

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ........................
psykometal - 10.05.2013 at 02:13
He plead Not Guilty at the arraignment today, so there must be something the police haven't mentioned yet if he feels confident enough to plead Not Guilty.
Bad English - 10.05.2013 at 13:57
As m penis lays dying in the jail whyle ganga banga gangsta motha fucka invovda his assaholla

IMO he will go to jail, since undercover cop was like a hit man
SSM - 10.05.2013 at 15:20
That Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grosso allegation reminds me of Religulous!
Anyway, if they've got some evidence ("a recording exists!"), I think the band needs a new man behind the microphone.
Jimbul2 - 10.05.2013 at 15:40
Guys you're putting this way out of proportion, everyone makes mistakes! Some people forget to turn off the lights when leaving a room, and others hire hitmen to murder their wives. Oooooops!
tea[m]ster - 10.05.2013 at 15:55
You can't make this stuff up....
Boxcar Willy - 10.05.2013 at 16:37
The real losers here are his kids. Sucks they have to be put through this.
Unhealer - 10.05.2013 at 19:03
Exactly, I feel sorry for those three kids.
LeChron James - 10.05.2013 at 20:22
Hahahahahaha "I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD ANYMORE. OFF WITH YER HEAD!"
Gonzo666 - 10.05.2013 at 20:58
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.05.2013 at 16:37

The real losers here are his kids. Sucks they have to be put through this.

It almost seems like they have been suffering for a while now.
Machiavelli - 10.05.2013 at 21:14
Yeah, when I stopped believing in all that religious nonsense I too immediately thought murder was cool... I fucking hate all those ignorant conservative religious nutjobs that live down there in SoCal.
Ritual_Suicide - 11.05.2013 at 00:20
Written by RottingDeathHead on 10.05.2013 at 22:08

Hey maybe the lady is a complete bitch or a gold digger, if she was I'd understand why he'd want to do it. Not saying he should have, just that I understand.

Putting the blatant sexism of your comment aside, the only time killing another person is acceptable is in self-defense.
Black Conundrum - 11.05.2013 at 05:26
Written by RottingDeathHead on 11.05.2013 at 02:46

Written by Ritual_Suicide on 11.05.2013 at 00:20

Written by RottingDeathHead on 10.05.2013 at 22:08

Yeah thanks for the life lesson, but would have been much better off if you wouldn't have wasted your time quoting me.

With all due respect, those two comments are extremely rude, pathetic, and unproductive. If you're trying to be funny, then the attempts are falling flat, and they come off instead as just shallow, gratuiotous disrespect for others.
Boxcar Willy - 11.05.2013 at 05:39
Written by Black Conundrum on 11.05.2013 at 05:26

Don't bother, he won't change. He's afraid it will ruin his metal dumbass image.
Machiavelli - 11.05.2013 at 06:14
Written by RottingDeathHead on 11.05.2013 at 02:46

Written by Ritual_Suicide on 11.05.2013 at 00:20

Written by RottingDeathHead on 10.05.2013 at 22:08

Dude, it is obvious you have women issues... I hope you don't have any female relationships... otherwise I recommend you smoke some weed and try to connect with your humanity.
Maco - 11.05.2013 at 06:44
Oh man what a year. but about the wife, what kind of reasons will have to try to kill her.
MaiSweettShaadow - 12.05.2013 at 02:02
As I lay in Prision
Slayer666 - 13.05.2013 at 20:41
Written by Machiavelli on 09.05.2013 at 01:02

Do yourself in, stupid psycho.

Well, someone needs to get all that sand out of their vagina and learn what this interesting new phenomenon called "a joke" is...
TastetheSin - 13.05.2013 at 23:50
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.05.2013 at 16:37

The real losers here are his kids. Sucks they have to be put through this.

Luckily for them they're not really his kids.
odcrl - 19.05.2013 at 11:02
Wow. How does one go from Christian all the way to stopping believing in God and wanting to kill? Metal corrupted him just like it did to many a Christian bands it's the only logical explanation. Or maybe he wasn't a true Christian in the first place. Look at the band's name and I've seen some t-shirts with all seeing eye symbolism and illuminati pyramids.

Actually I checked the lyrics to his latest album and they aren't Christian at all.
a MasT - 20.05.2013 at 19:39
As I Lay with my Prison Daddy.
TheCybershifter - 21.05.2013 at 00:05
Almost as I predicted in one of the earlier posts; his lawyer will try to put blame on withdrawal from steroid abuse.
psykometal - 21.05.2013 at 02:34
Written by TheCybershifter on 21.05.2013 at 00:05

Well, it is kind of the defense attorney's job to find some way (any way) to get their client out of the charges.
TheCybershifter - 21.05.2013 at 09:23
Written by psykometal on 21.05.2013 at 02:34

Written by TheCybershifter on 21.05.2013 at 00:05

That's true. I am actually more surprised by the fact that so few people noticed or at least suspected that he was (ab)using steroids. I mean if you just compare one of his earlier photos with newer ones, you'll quickly notice that his body transformation is way to radical to happen in such a short time without any suspicious substances. First time I suspected this was when I saw them as a support group on tour with Amon Amarth.
psykometal - 21.05.2013 at 19:01
Written by TheCybershifter on 21.05.2013 at 09:23

I did notice he looked radically larger in some pics I saw of him online when I discovered Pyrithion and started getting back into As I Lay Dying. But before that though I hadn't looked at pics/vids of the band/Tim in a couple years so I figured he must've just gotten really into bodybuilding over the last couple years.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Tim Lambesis - Pleads Guilty In Murder For Hire 7.5 26.02.2014 by Syk
News As I Lay Dying - Recording New Album Next Spring 6 20.12.2011 by mikeprado30
News As I Lay Dying - New Song Streaming Online 6 09.11.2011 by Troy Killjoy