Start your week in the best possible way by listening to Russian/Ukrainian doom/folk metallers Kauan which are streaming their long-awaited fifth album Pirut (translated as "Devils") through their label Blood Music's Bandcamp here. The album may be the first one to ever be delayed by a meteor strike, as the band was under attack in their hometown of Chelyabinsk during the mixing of the album.

The album will see its release on December 15th and is meant to be absorbed as a single 40-minute composition. Take the journey and tell us your impressions.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kauan

Posted: 25.11.2013 by BloodMusic

Comments

3rdWorld - 25.11.2013 at 22:26
Something about why or rather how it was delayed: Interesting stuff.
Erik M. - 25.11.2013 at 22:36
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.11.2013 at 22:26

Something about why or rather how it was delayed: Interesting stuff.

This was already known for quite some time though, but of course not everyone knows that. They posted several updates on Facebook about it when it happened.

Anyway, this stuff is pretty excellent I must say, after a first listen. Great to see they aren't playing music like their last few albums since I like that style way less.
3rdWorld - 25.11.2013 at 22:52
Would've preferred as a single track release anyway not going to make any difference in the end.
3rdWorld - 25.11.2013 at 23:01
Written by Erik M. on 25.11.2013 at 22:36

Now, thanks again for exposing to the world that I live in a cave.
Erik M. - 25.11.2013 at 23:12
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.11.2013 at 22:52

I think it is in fact a single track, but just cut into parts for the Bandcamp page, but I'm not sure about this (read the description on the page and you'll know why I think this is the case). But yes, I agree a single track would've been better for this, instead of the short parts/songs.

Written by 3rdWorld on 25.11.2013 at 23:01

Now, thanks again for exposing to the world that I live in a cave.

Usually I'm the one who is late to the party, but this is one of the exceptions.
BloodMusic - 26.11.2013 at 00:11
It was the decision of the band, but the CD is cut into these 8 chapters. The Bandcamp gives chapter gaps that the CD will not, so it will be one through-play without any pauses on the CD. The vinyl is cut into Side A and Side B with a fade between them only, so it is essentially a single track, split onto sides.

Glad to see that people are enjoying this !
andreosokin - 26.11.2013 at 10:59
Written by BloodMusic on 26.11.2013 at 00:11

Glad to see that people are enjoying this !

Good choice, guys!

I was absolutely shocked to hear something like that from a Russian band, 'coz the vast majority of bands here are just repeating others, while this sounded like something new to me. And for the record, I'm not a fan of doom metal

News Mors Principium Est - Streaming Entire New Album Online 7 07.12.2012 by annodomini
News Napalm Death - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 24.02.2012 by Sync
News Gorguts - Streaming Entire New Album 7 29.08.2013 by Tatras
News In Flames - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 21.06.2011 by Cynic Metalhead
News Anubis Gate - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 11.09.2011 by MetalSpider