U.S. metallers Machine Head have revealed more about their upcoming new album. More precisely, they revealed that it will be titled Bloodstone & Diamonds. The tracklist and cover artwork was also made available, so check it out right here. Do you like it?

Robert "Robb" Flynn explains the album title: "Without getting too philosophical on ya, bloodstone and diamonds represent two of the hardest materials on earth, it is also a lyric from the opening track of the album 'Now We Die'. In many cultures the bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against evil, and is the symbol of justice. Diamonds are the hardest natural material on earth (which is how we feel about our music), and it also represents the diamond logo I drew 22 years ago (in my wife's apartment on Dover St. in Oakland) that has become the symbol for the band."

CD cover

Tracklist:

01. Now We Die
02. Killers & Kings
03. Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones
04. Night Of Long Knives
05. Sail Into The Black
06. Eyes Of The Dead
07. Beneath The Silt
08. In Comes The Flood
09. Damage Inside
10. Game Over
11. Imaginal Cells (instrumental)
12. Take Me Through The Fire

The frontman reveals more details: "10 songs, an interlude, and an instrumental with an audio collage of spoken word snippets (think 'Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies') by Dr. Bruce Lipton and Steve Bhaerman, taken from their (incredibly inspiring) audiobook Spontaneous Evolution.

"It was once again produced by your truly The General and Juan Urteaga, and like the last 7 out of 8 albums masterfully mixed by Colin Richardson. Additional tracking, editing, and mixing was done with heavy metal legend Andy Sneap and Steve Lagudi. Guest musicians include 2 different string quartets featuring the original Quartet Rouge that appeared on our last album Unto The Locust. And a new all-male quartet which we featured on the song 'In Comes The Flood'.

"String arrangements for 2 of the songs 'Now We Die' and 'Sail Into The Black' came courtesy of myself and Rhys Fulber who has worked with everyone from Sarah McLachlan, to Fear Factory, and the string arrangement for 'In Comes The Flood' came courtesy of myself and ex-Worship and current-Bring Me The Horizon keyboardist Jordan Fish, who is a producer in his own right.

"We worked with several artists to complete the 28 page (!) 'standard' CD booklet, as well as the 48 page (!) hardcover leather-bound Media-book that will serve as the special edition, including Rafal Wechterowicz, Marcelo Vasco, and long-time Machine Head art-collaborator Strephon Taylor. The theme was to have both CD and hardcover Mediabook look like an old Alchemy book from the 1800's, with weathered edges, sepia toned pages, and magic / masonic / alchemy themed woodcarvings throughout. It turned out fucking amazing!"

Media book hard cover

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Machine Head

Posted: 14.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Deadmeat - 14.08.2014 at 11:47
I don't like that much the title of the album but on the other hand the cover artwork is great. i have high hopes from this band!
psykometal - 14.08.2014 at 14:22
Looking forward to hearing the band with Jared McEachern.
Sword_Chant - 14.08.2014 at 15:05
This looks awesome, if it's anything like the last 2 albums I look forward to checking it out.
Apothecary - 14.08.2014 at 15:50
Well, the artwork's definitely better than the last album, but still pretty generic. Regardless, I'll probably be checking this out just for the hell of it
Lit. - 14.08.2014 at 19:48
I can dig it.
Ace Frawley - 14.08.2014 at 23:47
Yep, I like the album artwork. Album title is okay. Hope the songs are good.
AnnaNidstaang - 14.08.2014 at 23:51
The artwork is amazing. Can't wait to hear it.
Troy Killjoy - 15.08.2014 at 00:32
Wow so cool and deep.
Machiavelli - 15.08.2014 at 07:50
I NEED a Machine Head record that just kills... I hope this one brings the ferocity like all the lions in the artwork.
deadone - 15.08.2014 at 08:01
So they've just rejigged the Hellalive cover? *yawn*

Ozman - 15.08.2014 at 12:02
Atrocious album art, tbh. So immensely standard and generic and like deadone said rejigged their Hellalive cover.
Ace Frawley - 15.08.2014 at 13:20
A bit more going on than that previous album cover you've shown. Wouldn't expect some people to notice and appreciate the intricacy, however. Too many cynics and critics with a negative bent around here.
Ozman - 15.08.2014 at 13:31
Written by Ace Frawley on 15.08.2014 at 13:20

it is more going on. But that doesn't mean it is a good cover.

I see too many blind fanboys with a positive bend around here.
Ace Frawley - 16.08.2014 at 13:57
Written by Ozman on 15.08.2014 at 13:31

I see too many blind fanboys with a positive bend around here.

Nothing wrong with that. Would much rather read people talking about something they like and enjoy than the opposite - people carping, criticising and generally dumping on the enjoyment of others. Each to their own, but I know what I prefer.
sbuswell - 18.08.2014 at 03:57
Album title isn't the greatest, but I like the cover art work too. I am a big MH fan and look forward to buying this album the day it comes out on CD.
deadone - 18.08.2014 at 04:05
Written by Ace Frawley on 15.08.2014 at 13:20

Nothing about negative bent. It's clear the new album cover is a rejigged Hellalive cover. It was a dull cover back then but was ok for a live album. Their best cover was The Blackening (even though I didn't like the album).

I have an open mind to the new album, even though that one song they released was pretty average.
Ace Frawley - 18.08.2014 at 05:36
Written by deadone on 18.08.2014 at 04:05

The Blackening album cover is my favourite MH album cover as well.

News Machine Head - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 13.5 28.07.2011 by Apothecary
News 1349 - New Album Title, Cover And More Revealed 11.5 05.07.2014 by Electes
News Exodus - New Album Title, Cover Art And More Revealed 11.5 01.08.2014 by Ozman
News The Agonist - New Album Cover Art And More Revealed 10 06.11.2014 by PocketMetal
News Blackguard - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 10 08.01.2011 by