Metal Storm logo
Korn - Entire New Album Streaming Online

The Path Of Totality, the upcoming dubstep/electro-infused album from Korn is now streaming online in its entirety at this location. The album will be released on December 6th via Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Korn
Posted: 03.12.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 63   Visited by: 159 users
03.12.2011 - 11:42
koob
WHAT. THE. FUCK. could this possibly beat Lulu for the worst album in history ? It's not even close to be metal tho.
03.12.2011 - 13:38
NeoNeopl
Nothing beats Lulu
03.12.2011 - 15:20
BrightNight
A piece of shit.....like Korn itself. Korn had nothing to do with Metal in the first place.

Ridiculous
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
03.12.2011 - 18:05
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by BrightNight on 03.12.2011 at 15:20

A piece of shit.....like Korn itself. Korn had nothing to do with Metal in the first place.

Ridiculous

Yes, they had: Play metal the way they wanted and create a new style.
03.12.2011 - 18:08
Slayer666
Not bad. Has a number of quite nice tunes, although suffers from too much filler as well.
I'd probably rate it a low 6 or so. Don't see what the big fuss is about.
03.12.2011 - 18:11
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Also, not really bad at all, and not too awesome as I have expected. I give it an 6/10
03.12.2011 - 19:48
Rulatore
Quite good album, nice songs but as Slayer666 said, have some fillers. I'd rate it 7. Dont give a shit about Korn or dubstep, but they managed to create some fun music.
03.12.2011 - 20:07
Stabby
Account deleted
As I asked last article about Korn: WHY????!!!!

Eh, I'm sure someone will like that.
03.12.2011 - 21:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Korn had nothing to do with Metal in the first place.

Ridiculous

I'm glad you qualified your own statement with "Ridiculous" there. At least your realisation and repentance was fast.
03.12.2011 - 21:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 03.12.2011 at 18:08

Not bad. Has a number of quite nice tunes, although suffers from too much filler as well.
I'd probably rate it a low 6 or so. Don't see what the big fuss is about.

Pretty much in the same ballpark there. Has some enjoyable moments but not going to make any best-of lists. Nice to see people have aneurysms over the combination of Korn and Dubstep though. Narcissistic Cannibal is a pleasant song.
03.12.2011 - 21:49
liveordie
Oh, my, GOD! What the FUCK? Korn should be removed from metalstorm or at least don't give any more news from them cuz it ain't nothing to do with metal. For god's sake!
03.12.2011 - 22:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by liveordie on 03.12.2011 at 21:49

Oh, my, GOD! What the FUCK? Korn should be removed from metalstorm or at least don't give any more news from them cuz it ain't nothing to do with metal. For god's sake!

Since when aren't Korn metal?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.12.2011 - 22:02
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
We get it guys. You don't have to prove how "metal" you are anymore. We all know you are too cool to be caught listening to such a poser band like Korn. They are beneath you.
03.12.2011 - 22:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
The reason to why metalstorm still publish news about bands like Korn is to torture people like the users above me.

Their suffering and anger is something I like to pleasure myself with.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.12.2011 - 22:11
liveordie
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.12.2011 at 22:00

Written by liveordie on 03.12.2011 at 21:49

Since when aren't Korn metal?

I won't answer you that!
03.12.2011 - 22:12
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
One of my roommates asked me why I was listening to this album. I said, "How can I hate it if I don't listen to it?" Response: "Easy, it's Korn. You already know it sucks."
03.12.2011 - 22:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by liveordie on 03.12.2011 at 22:11

I won't answer you that!

Cause you know as well as anyone else that only this album isn't metal, and if you disagree I encourage you to stop redefining what metal is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.12.2011 - 22:14
Rupert
Written by Introspekrieg on 03.12.2011 at 22:02

We get it guys. You don't have to prove how "metal" you are anymore. We all know you are too cool to be caught listening to such a poser band like Korn. They are beneath you.

Ditto.

As for the music, the first thing I'm noticing (aside from the heavy use of Fruity Loops) is that Mr. Korn is lacking the power in his vocal work that was oh so present in their earlier works.
03.12.2011 - 22:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Introspekrieg on 03.12.2011 at 22:12
Response: "Easy, it's Korn. You already know it sucks."

Fucking logic, how does it work?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.12.2011 - 22:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
LOLWUT dees gaiz r not even methul why dun u blacklist dem
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.12.2011 - 22:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Ridiculous

Wrong. Just because they played a different, and more modern take on metal, doesn't make them "not metal". I haven't heard this album yet, though I suspect it won't be metal at all. But that doesn't erase all of their other albums, most of which, are metal. You can say it's bad/crap metal, but to say it's not metal is just ignorant. Your attitude will probably be welcomed with open arms on the "tr00" metal flagship, Metal Archives, but not here. Where logic and not some silly desire to be seen as "tr00" to "real metal" dictates what bands qualify to be listed.
03.12.2011 - 23:19
Void Eater
Account deleted
The only thing more annoying than Korn is the people who assume that if you don't like Korn than you must be a "CLOSE MINDED ELITIST LOL IM BETR DEN U CUZ I LIZEN 2 MAINSTREAM MEHTUL!!!!!!!!!!" As far as this album goes, I'm listening too the first song and it's actually pretty cool.

^Metal Archives has countless bands that the people that you would use the elitist strawman to clasify as hate, including but not limited to Trivium, KSE, AILD, ATR, Whitechapel, Carnifex, Impending Doom, Unearth, and countless others. Korn is not metal because their songs are not based around metal riffs. Pretty simple.
03.12.2011 - 23:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=111774] on 03.12.2011 at 23:19
Korn is not metal because their songs are not based around metal riffs. Pretty simple.

Metal-Archives refuses to acknowledge alternative metal. An "encyclopedia" of metal should include all its variants.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.12.2011 - 23:31
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.12.2011 at 23:27

Korn is not metal because their songs are not based around metal riffs. Pretty simple.

Metal-Archives refuses to acknowledge alternative metal. An "encyclopedia" of metal should include all its variants.

Well it's not an ecnyclopedia. It's a website featuring a bunch of bands that a couple of Canadian's consider to be metal. It's ridiculous that people actually get upset at them for not including their favorite nu metal bands.

Oh yea, and this...
03.12.2011 - 23:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

^Metal Archives has countless bands that the people that you would use the elitist strawman to clasify as hate, including but not limited to Trivium, KSE, AILD, ATR, Whitechapel, Carnifex, Impending Doom, Unearth, and countless others. Korn is not metal because their songs are not based around metal riffs. Pretty simple.

No, MA chooses to omit a number of bands because of the limited and personal perceptions of a few individuals (who had no say in the formations of metal).

Also, Korn not based around riffs? Oh wait, yeah, I forgot. Korn are a dark ambient band. Silly me.
03.12.2011 - 23:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious

The only thing more annoying than Korn is the people who assume that if you don't like Korn than you must be a "CLOSE MINDED ELITIST LOL IM BETR DEN U CUZ I LIZEN 2 MAINSTREAM MEHTUL!!!!!!!!!!" As far as this album goes, I'm listening too the first song and it's actually pretty cool.

Please... nobody here was saying anything remotely resembling what you just said. The powers that be here obviously see Korn as a metal band, and so have them listed here. I happen to agree with them. If you tried to claim Korn are/were metal on MA, no doubt you would get bashed for it, and given very short shrift. Is that attitude really any more acceptable than the one you are attempting to mock here? If you think so, then you're being pretty hypocritical, I think.
03.12.2011 - 23:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=111774] on 03.12.2011 at 23:31
Oh yea, and this...

Oh the hypocrisy.
----
03.12.2011 - 23:36
Void Eater
Account deleted
Whatever, if you people choose to be pissed because some metal website doesn't include some bands that you have on your website, go for it. It's funny; the only bands that people whine about not being on MA are popular bands that you can find as much information on as MA would offer on countless other websites.

EDIT: I defend Metal Archives, and in a couple of minutes three people are already whining about "OMG ELITISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Whatever, carry on.
03.12.2011 - 23:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by [user id=111774] on 03.12.2011 at 23:36

Whatever, if you people choose to be pissed because some metal website doesn't include some bands that you have on your website, go for it. It's funny; the only bands that people whine about not being on MA are popular bands that you can find as much information on as MA would offer on countless other websites.

No one was getting pissed off. We were just having fun in highlighting people that have been around about as long as Troy's last fart who think they can recategorise well known metal bands with such bizarre arguments as "Korn are not metal because their songs are not based around riffs"
03.12.2011 - 23:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@ Void: I find it incredible that you fail to see the total irony in your statements.

Hits total: 4098 | This month: 14