Metal Storm logo
Joke Bands

29.10.2006 - 13:05
Xaphiris
I guess there has to be a topic for these bands, eventhough some of them aren't really THAT metal.
If you know any joke metal bands, list them for the enjoyment of all
I guess a few examples wouldn't hurt: Impaled Northern Moonforest, Nanowar, Blackseed Boys
----
29.10.2006 - 13:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well, Anton Maiden is the coolest of them all! A swedish nerd doing Iron Maiden covers, pretty fun in the beginning but you get tired of it after a while.
----
29.10.2006 - 15:19
Pillow
Ultra Vomit
Gronibard

29.10.2006 - 15:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the excrematory grindfuckers?
anal cunt-i like it when you're dead
29.10.2006 - 18:16
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
Just for the record, it's "I Like it When You Die."

Does Gwar count?

Crotchduster - fucking awesome. They do direct parodies of Obituary and Megadeth, probably a bunch more I didn't pick up on. In the last song on the album they just start reading hate mail "in the middle of the goddamn song!"
29.10.2006 - 18:35
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
blackthrone.

people who don't like 'em: www.antiblackthrone.tk

i think the real joke is that people care what ten-a-penny, generic finnish bands add their name to
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
29.10.2006 - 19:38
Callette
Account deleted
Mirror Of Madness http://www.mom.fi/
Btw, the song names are 'Orangejaffa' and 'A woman' an english. I don't know if they are doing this seriously but they are only about 12 years old which make this kinda funny
29.10.2006 - 20:19
Destryphior
Well, Gay Galaxies is the perfect example, they've only made one song called, "The Adventure of Space Man Jim" http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=52713, the lyrics goes like cake, cake,cake over and over again in Finnish
29.10.2006 - 21:26
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Nanowar.....i like how their whole gimmick is to make fun of Manowar and their douche fans
29.10.2006 - 22:59
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Impaled Northern Moonforest, Anal Cunt, Zimmer's Hole...they're all amusing in their own way.
30.10.2006 - 00:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Gwar would count, but not compared to bands like Anal Cunt...Gwar's joking sounds a lot less intentional then a band like Anal Cunt...then there's two different types of joke bands: joke bands who are in it to make fun of the genre vs. joke bands who are joking about certain things in their songs that contextually not making fun of the genre...Anal Cunt is a band that makes fun of musical genres whereas a band like Gwar jokes about certain issues but plays in a solid and well executed metal genre...
30.10.2006 - 10:04
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I Nanowar
All Hail True Metal
they r a really talented band + they're funny as hell
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
30.10.2006 - 15:11
Damnated
Churchburner
Swine Of Satan is a black metal band from France, they sing a lot about pigs and animals in general. Their album can be d/n at their site. The music is actually not that bad, sometimes enjoyable. Not a joke in itself.

Satan's Penguins is a black/doom band, and although they have funny song titles, the music itself is rather original. I even recommend them.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.10.2006 - 15:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Satan's Penguins is an awesome band! Serious.

And what about S.O.D.? Not really a parody of a certain genre, but they have a lot of funny stuff wrapped in songs.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.10.2006 - 21:27
Pillow
So... Detsorgsekalf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-duUC9SkxA

Keyboards
30.10.2006 - 22:28
Torelli
What about Totally fucking gay? I guess everyone on metalstorm know them by now thanks to Herbereth's reveiw...
30.10.2006 - 22:49
Ozzy
Account deleted
any grindcore bands...

i meen come on...are they serious?!?!?!?
31.10.2006 - 00:51
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Jevo is also a guitarist, who's also in the band Soulitude now, you can dowload all albums for free, although it's probably more worthwile if you buy them

He/They predominantly play power metal, although there are "other" influences in their music.

The music can be found at: www.soulitude-web.com/
31.10.2006 - 01:13
ecceratus
Account deleted
Beatallica! Great Band! Check Them Out
31.10.2006 - 12:54
back_off
crotchduster...metal in parts but many different genres in just one song...very entertaining
01.11.2006 - 03:06
Baz Anderson
Staff
ive just been listening to Nanowar Of Steel songs and going through with the lyrics on their site - and i think this is the funniest band i have ever heard. hahaha
this stuff is so funny! - i can imagine a lot of people without a sence of humour would not like it though
01.11.2006 - 15:02
DarkRoyale
Account deleted
If you understand swedish check out Sluten Anstalt
05.11.2006 - 10:23
FOOCK Nam
hahaha the band Nanowar is so amazing, I have just laughed so much by reading their lyrics
05.11.2006 - 14:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 05.11.2006 at 10:23

hahaha the band Nanowar is so amazing, I have just laughed so much by reading their lyrics

Excuse me, they are Nanowar Of Steel now! They had too, since they discovered that Nanowar is not tr00 enough!

Death too posers!!!!!!!1111oneoeneone
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.11.2006 - 15:22
FOOCK Nam
Exactly, Nanowar Of Steel, Master Of Pizza, Big Mac Hater.

By the way, I have heard Beatallica for a long time ago, but now I have been known that they are joke bands. The vocallist is very like as James Hetfield. The band combine Beatles and Metallica in one. I ll check them out. Hoping its cool as Nanowar
09.11.2006 - 18:41
blizzard_spirit
Account deleted
Shy Shit is a band combing death metal with grindcore...but...well they have silly songs even the names sound silly such as "The Burger Queen"...if you want to listen to some of their songs you can find the band on myspace.com
11.11.2006 - 11:57
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
@Torelli: Noooo, not funny!!

I don't really approve of most joke bands actually. It's kind of lame that they often don't care about making music as much as trying to be funny. I guess though that I like Nanowar. I think it's fair to make fun of Manowar
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
11.11.2006 - 12:43
Syrack
Account deleted
"Check out the new Carnival in Coal album called "Collection Prestige".
Feel free to download it and enjoy it with all your friends."

This is not their first release but this is funniest, and there are really nice black metal parts.
11.11.2006 - 13:22
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I have a few Carnival In Coal tracks, and I must say, they're interesting! They're fun for a listen to something different. Quite variant, and not really always overly metal (at all times) but an interesting "avantgarde" melodicy extreme metal band! I know, wow!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
12.11.2006 - 12:59
Destryphior
Well a folk/black metal band from Norway, called Trollfest, reminds me of Finntroll, most songs are about drinking... Some time ago they linke dto four different breweries' hompages...