Metal Storm logo
What I hate about my country

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 19.08.2008 - 14:32
new thread! something i don't like about Romania is the fact that compared to other countries there are some really expensive shit, at least relative to the normal salary(mostly the utility prices) and of course the EXPENSIVE stuff(musical instruments , PC software and IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc.), of course music albums goes without saying, they're ridiculously expensive, and then there's really cheap stuff(mostly food, which compensates with low quality).. you can't be sure of anything here!

haterz hate on!
27.12.2011 - 17:18
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.12.2011 at 17:15
well, yes indeed it should. First and fooremost Japanese Power Pop that Flower Metal likes

Not just Germany. There should be a worldwide law prohibiting recording and distribution of such music. Law breakers will face up to ten years of musical school.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
27.12.2011 - 21:16
Ernis
狼獾
Written by jupitreas on 27.12.2011 at 01:37

What I object to is the fact that this kind of irrational rhetoric is somehow seen as so important in my country that it is the number one most important news of the day.

Poland is a catholic country. I think this rhetoric (rational or irrational, that depends on the priest) is still somewhat better than ads such as "Seven deadly sins club party - this week "GREED"... put on all your fancy clothes, sexy devils wait for you, give in to your darkest sins and party hard!".

Or... the Good Friday. It's a day off in Estonia. The attitude is "Omg, it's the GOOD Friday. That means we're gonna party hard! Extra long weekend." It could be the one day out of these 365 where a person might sit down and think about life and values but I think it'd be egotistical to expect many people to be willing to do think about anything other than just being slaves of their bodies.
28.12.2011 - 17:07
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Ernis on 27.12.2011 at 21:16

Written by jupitreas on 27.12.2011 at 01:37

What I object to is the fact that this kind of irrational rhetoric is somehow seen as so important in my country that it is the number one most important news of the day.

Poland is a catholic country. I think this rhetoric (rational or irrational, that depends on the priest) is still somewhat better than ads such as "Seven deadly sins club party - this week "GREED"... put on all your fancy clothes, sexy devils wait for you, give in to your darkest sins and party hard!".

Or... the Good Friday. It's a day off in Estonia. The attitude is "Omg, it's the GOOD Friday. That means we're gonna party hard! Extra long weekend." It could be the one day out of these 365 where a person might sit down and think about life and values but I think it'd be egotistical to expect many people to be willing to do think about anything other than just being slaves of their bodies.

This has nothing to do with anything. I was merely shocked that a modern country would choose the speech of a witch doctor as the most important news of the day. This is what I personally hate about this country.
29.12.2011 - 00:10
Thyroid
Weather is occasionally extreme - but I like it. Especially when it's dark, cold, but dry and not so much snow. But what I hate about in Finland is people. Selfish, greedy, mean, jealous, racist, nationalistic and downright dumb, ignorant people. But I guess - people are not that great in other countries either. I think I dispise humankind generally. Although I gotta say, that I kinda enjoy finnish people dark and sometimes even brutal humour. And lack of small talk.
----
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt.
What the fuck's really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?
29.12.2011 - 01:02
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Thyroid on 29.12.2011 at 00:10

Weather is occasionally extreme - but I like it. Especially when it's dark, cold, but dry and not so much snow. But what I hate about in Finland is people. Selfish, greedy, mean, jealous, racist, nationalistic and downright dumb, ignorant people. But I guess - people are not that great in other countries either. I think I dispise humankind generally. Although I gotta say, that I kinda enjoy finnish people dark and sometimes even brutal humour. And lack of small talk.

On the opposite coast of the Gulf of Finland, Estonians think Finnish people are so incredibly happy and rich and successful with their Nokia and high living standard that they turn green with envy and blame the Finns for everything, starting with visits to Tallinn for alco and ho tourism and finishing with Tarja being a best friend of Medvedev.

Helsinki has always seemed a beautiful place for me. The people do seem a lot more positive than in Tallinn, they do smile more often and are a lot more open and less mean than Estonians (am I looking through rose coloured glasses, perhaps?) If we didn't have the historical centre, the capital would be a post-apocalyptic bomb hole.
You do have better economy, your country's leaders have made wiser decisions in the past and the government is less corrupt than in the Eastern Block states.

Finland for post-soviet collapse Estonians is a bit like South Korea for North Koreans who manage to get there... I am aware, however, that many Finns dislike immigrants from Estonia because you often receive our lowest scum who earns (steals) the money (little sums for you but huge for us) in your country and then returns to their villages in rural desolate Estonia where they use the money to buy fancy cars and clothes and rule the countryside in sick gangs such as the maniacs you see in films like "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". There are cases of innocent people who became confined to wheelchair after stopping at the "wrong gas station". If you get lost in a village like that, pray to the Lord because if the local violent blokes see a stranger, they sometimes send small children (apprentices) to steal from or simply harass the "outsider". If you make a fuss about it, they will attack you. One dude had his legs broken with a telescopic baton. They always attack in gangs. That's what I hate bout my country.

I am ashamed of people from Estonia who defile our reputation among the Finns. If I ever lived in Finland as an immigrant, I'd try to give my best blending in as best as I can. After all, Finnish people may be greedy and ignorant as you said but here we think that many Estonians are a lot worse.

Then again, some say it's our right because we've been "discriminated by other nationalities for centuries, we were taken away from our homes and sent to camps to die, now that we finally have an independent state, we still have neighbours who hate us." Yes, that probably includes Finland as well : )
29.12.2011 - 02:08
Void Eater
Account deleted
Nothing! 'Merica is perfect, and if you dun like it, then you can geet out!
29.12.2011 - 05:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 24.12.2011 at 23:35

You are forced to wear a shiny thing on your clothes (for instance in the shape of a star, snowflake or a heart) which makes you visible for the cars so they won't hit you. If the cops catch you not wearing it, they may fine you (40 euros).

I'm confused I couldn't find a word in English that would describe this... thing. that's really weird.

anyway, I think it's good that policemen in Estonia are also encouraging people to *actually* use these things - the same thing is going on here too (true, Latvians aren't that forceful this time but I think it's not for long as the policemen are handing out these things A LOT lately). I guess recently there's been a lot more car crashes and dead people than usually, and I get that we all have to look out for each other as we as nations are already so less in this world to begin with... but I have to agree that this new rule might be too harsh on people. I mean, it's way too easy to forget it at home or to go out wearing something else (that this thing wouldn't be attached to). I myself have been trying to find a good place where to stick my "shiny thing" to... and until the time I figure it out I'll be wandering the streets without it. but you know, I'm starting to feel like I really need it. it's so dark outside most of the time as the days are really short and I just know I'm practically invisible. it's quite scary.

Written by Bad English on 27.12.2011 at 01:49

it hepen in latvia to all time LTV1 what is nat Tv show church 18:10 then is some cardinal oir other hight ranging church man speech, generaly LTV1 and 7 (who's Nr 2 nat TV) show religioss programss, same whole Christmas long , same in aster
But I dont watvh LTV so I dont care, and Swe nat TV actualy I dont know I did not watch it at all at non Christmas what I ve been in Sverige

I actually think there's something of that kind every Sunday on LTV1... OR there have been awfully many times I was awake before noon and accidentally turned on tv, and saw it. and just for your information, LTV7 doesn't air any religious programs unless you think hockey games every day is something like that...
29.12.2011 - 07:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 29.12.2011 at 01:02

[...]you often receive our lowest scum who earns (steals) the money (little sums for you but huge for us) in your country and then returns to their villages in rural desolate Estonia where they use the money to buy fancy cars and clothes [...]

that phrase right there sums up a very sad attitude for some Romanians who live in the western countries. there's even a manele (a kind of pop music for the semi-literate) song whose chorus is literally "from Palermo airport your son is calling you, mom, to say he's coming back home and he's filthy rich". there's no sense of moderation, for these people the only raison d'etre in life is conspicous flaunting of wealth and women.

I'm scared that, sheltered as I am from rural Romania (haven't been to the countryside here in at least a few years), this attitude is far more prevalent than I think. And when I think that nearly half of the population lives in the countryside (that's 10 million people)... headaches ensue :p
29.12.2011 - 09:12
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by [user id=115335] on 29.12.2011 at 02:13

Written by [user id=111774] on 29.12.2011 at 02:08

Nothing! 'Merica is perfect, and if you dun like it, then you can geet out!

Heh, that reminds me of when some guy complained about immigrants coming and taking money from the benefits system illegally. I said to him, that i agree and that the needs of our own people should be looked at first and foremost. Then the guy looks at me and goes " you fucking paki... if you don't like it here,you can fuck off". That guy was a moron.

Wow, what a moron, that guy is a- Wait, you're a Paki?
OMG U WERE IN LEAGUE WITH OSAMA!!!!!!!!!
*pulls out shotgun from under pillow, as is American tradition*
29.12.2011 - 11:47
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule

I am ashamed of people from Estonia who defile our reputation among the Finns. If I ever lived in Finland as an immigrant, I'd try to give my best blending in as best as I can. After all, Finnish people may be greedy and ignorant as you said but here we think that many Estonians are a lot worse.

Haha thats pretty much the same with indians, and people wonder why they get beaten up. The whole australian racisim thing that happened recently was obviously coz of fucking idiots who don't know how to behave.
Honestly I don't give a shit about the rep we get, we deserve it. I'm just happy all the fucking retards leave our country and don't come back, so now they're someone else's problem, not ours. I don't have to deal with them on the streets everyday.
I've actually started to dislike indians a lot more since my time here in europe. I get why people think we're douchebags.

Written by Valentin B on 29.12.2011 at 07:20

[...]you often receive our lowest scum who earns (steals) the money (little sums for you but huge for us) in your country and then returns to their villages in rural desolate Estonia where they use the money to buy fancy cars and clothes [...]

that phrase right there sums up a very sad attitude for some Romanians who live in the western countries. there's even a manele (a kind of pop music for the semi-literate) song whose chorus is literally "from Palermo airport your son is calling you, mom, to say he's coming back home and he's filthy rich". there's no sense of moderation, for these people the only raison d'etre in life is conspicous flaunting of wealth and women.

This happens in india as well, the only reason people go abroad is to make money, its not for the experience or the travel, its just money.
I've had two other indian dudes who were working in the same company and they stayed in the apartment below mine, and man they were fucking boring. They just sat at home doing nothing, they didn't travel, they didn't go out, they didn't even know where the fucking pub was and there is only 1 in the village! All they kept thinking about was spending too much money. They didn't want to travel coz they would have to spend the money they have saved.

I think more than the country, its the people that are fucked up, india and so many other countries would be way more cooler if we didn't have retards in it.

India is fucked up in many ways, which pretty much every country is, but I still love it. I'm looking forward to going back
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
29.12.2011 - 12:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Spirit Molecule on 29.12.2011 at 11:47

India is fucked up in many ways, which pretty much every country is, but I still love it. I'm looking forward to going back

believe me I was also looking back to Romania with rose-colored glasses when I was in Spain. In the 3 days since I came back I remembered all the reasons people complain about: the slush in the street potholes, the obligatory bus hobo (which usually stinks up the whole overcrowded bus), the crazy driving, expensive food&booze, and so on.

there are also many positive points or fields in which significant progress was obviously made and I know what I'm doing now is actually a classic Romanian pastime, complaining about life here.

still, I don't think my future lies here (or at least staying in the same situation I'm in right now for more than a few months), I know that with a little effort I could do a lot better than what I have now. I seriously considered moving to Sweden but then I realized I could never raise enough money in time for next summer and support myself while looking for a job, so that ship has pretty much sailed.
29.12.2011 - 13:20
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Valentin B on 29.12.2011 at 12:04

believe me I was also looking back to Romania with rose-colored glasses when I was in Spain. In the 3 days since I came back I remembered all the reasons people complain about: the slush in the street potholes, the obligatory bus hobo (which usually stinks up the whole overcrowded bus), the crazy driving, expensive food&booze, and so on.

there are also many positive points or fields in which significant progress was obviously made and I know what I'm doing now is actually a classic Romanian pastime, complaining about life here.

still, I don't think my future lies here (or at least staying in the same situation I'm in right now for more than a few months), I know that with a little effort I could do a lot better than what I have now. I seriously considered moving to Sweden but then I realized I could never raise enough money in time for next summer and support myself while looking for a job, so that ship has pretty much sailed.

Everybody cribs sometimes
Sweden is definitely a good choice. I wouldn't mind staying here as well, but I would probably miss india too much I'm guessing staying here is fucking expensive. I don't find it bad coz I get 50euros a day plus I don't have to pay rent, so my only expense is food, booze and travel. But by the end of the month I'm still quite broke Well not this month, but thats coz I didn't travel for 3 weekends out of 5
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
29.12.2011 - 14:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 29.12.2011 at 05:38

I actually think there's something of that kind every Sunday on LTV1... OR there have been awfully many times I was awake before noon and accidentally turned on tv, and saw it. and just for your information, LTV7 doesn't air any religious programs unless you think hockey games every day is something like that...

there is laws n reglaments what NATIONAL TV supose to broadcast and what time, in all contries,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.12.2011 - 15:14
Ernis
狼獾

This happens in india as well, the only reason people go abroad is to make money, its not for the experience or the travel, its just money.

This is true. People go abroad in order to make money and at the same time they don't even like that country and they don't give a damn about the culture and customs of the receiving country. Nor do they like the people of that place.

People like this cause problems for those who have other reasons for emigrating. For example my friend who escaped from Afghanistan, said that he's really happy in Estonia. Nope, not because of money because his salary is tiny and Estonia is overall a poor country but he's glad nevertheless because his own country has been ravaged by war and violence. He's just been trying to find some peace and and opportunity to go on with his studies. Now he's been studying the Estonian language and it's really nice to hear him say that he really likes the language and thinks that the country is beautiful.

But because of the type of immigrants I mentioned above, all of them get labelled as "arabs who come to abuse our social system and who don't respect our culture".

I'm confused I couldn't find a word in English that would describe this... thing. that's really weird.

I think "reflector" would be the best translation. Yep, it's a noble idea and it can save lives indeed but forcing people to wear it isn't a good sign. It smells too much like just a pretext to make people pay more fines. It's understandable to make it mandatory on rural roads where you have no street lights but in downtown where all the buildings and streets are lit, it's pointless (although they were supposed to turn lights off to save money...)
I hope I misunderstood it but I heard that the new law requires the reflector also in summer. All in all, it's supposed to be mandatory all year around from dusk till dawn. In summer, it's completely senseless.
29.12.2011 - 22:03
MetalSpider
Winter

I may have already posted that here, but I'll post it again. I hate winter, but I love Canada. I don't enjoy the cold. I don't mind snow but I could live without it just fine!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.12.2011 - 22:14
Ernis
狼獾
Written by MetalSpider on 29.12.2011 at 22:03

Winter

I may have already posted that here, but I'll post it again. I hate winter, but I love Canada. I don't enjoy the cold. I don't mind snow but I could live without it just fine!

I posted it two months ago or sth but it suits perfectly the issue you just brought up...

"Dear diary,

August 12 - Just arrived at our new home in Canada. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can't wait to see them covered with snow.

October 14 - Canada, the most beautiful country in the world. You can see all the shades of golden red and yellow on the leaves of trees. Went to visit a park just outside the town and it was breathtakingly beautiful. And we saw deer there, I think they're the most graceful animals in the world. So adorable! This must be paradise! I love it here!

November 11 - Remembrance day. I heard they were gonna start hunting the deer. I can't understand this! It's so cruel! How could anyone wish to kill those adorable creatures?! Can't wait to see snow!

December 2 - SNOW FINALLY! There was some snow this night and when I woke up in the morning, everything was covered with a white blanket. It's just like in a winter fairy tale! Snowball battle, I beat everyone! We went to clean up the porch and the path to the garage door. The snowplough drove past the house and pushed all the snow on our place so we had to clean everything up again. Damn, I love it here!

December 12 - More snow this night. The snowplough blocked my access to garage once again. Other than that, I love it here.

December 19 - More snow. The snowplough had once again blocked the garage door. Couldn't get my car to work. It's beautiful here but I'm already fed up with shovelling that damn snow every morning. Fucking snowplough!

December 22 - More of that white shit! I'm already sick of scooping that damn snow. Seems the bloke with the snowplough is waiting behind the corner just to piss me off as soon as I've managed to clean the front of the house by pushing all the shit on my front lawn again.

December 25 - MERRY FUCKIN' CHRISTMAS! More of that stinkin' cold snow! I swear, I'm gonna hunt that mothafuckin' bastard down and kill him! Can't they put something on the roads to make that ice melt faster?!

December 27 - More white shit during the night. I'm stuck in the house for three days already, if not to count the scooping in front of the house every morning after the snowplough asshole has driven by. Impossible to go anywhere because the car gets stuck in the mountains, besides it's so friggin' cold! We're gonna have 30 cm more snow this night according to the forecast. You have any idea how much time it's gonna take to scoop up all that 30 cm of snow?!

December 28 - Motherfucking forecast lied! It wasn't 30 cm, it was an entire metre-thick fuckin' layer of that damn shit! It's not gonna melt till summer. The snowplough got stuck and that scumbag came to me and asked for a shovel. I told him I'd already broken six damn shovels attempting to clean up my front lawn. I almost broke my seventh shovel against his head!

January 4 - AT LAST got out of the house. Went to store for supplies and a friggin' deer jumped in front of the car. It's gonna cost me 10 000 to repair all this mess! These fucking stinky animals are everywhere! Why didn't the hunters slaughter all of them in November!

May 3 - Took the car to a workshop in the town. It was all rusty because of all the salt they'd dropped on the roads.

May 10 - Moved to Florida. Can't see why anyone would wanna live in a God forsaken bomb hole like Canada.
29.12.2011 - 22:19
MetalSpider
Written by Ernis on 29.12.2011 at 22:14

Written by MetalSpider on 29.12.2011 at 22:03

Winter

I posted it two months ago or sth but it suits perfectly the issue you just brought up...

"Dear diary,

August 12 - Just arrived at our new home in Canada. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can't wait to see them covered with snow.

October 14 - Canada, the most beautiful country in the world. You can see all the shades of golden red and yellow on the leaves of trees. Went to visit a park just outside the town and it was breathtakingly beautiful. And we saw deer there, I think they're the most graceful animals in the world. So adorable! This must be paradise! I love it here!

November 11 - Remembrance day. I heard they were gonna start hunting the deer. I can't understand this! It's so cruel! How could anyone wish to kill those adorable creatures?! Can't wait to see snow!

December 2 - SNOW FINALLY! There was some snow this night and when I woke up in the morning, everything was covered with a white blanket. It's just like in a winter fairy tale! Snowball battle, I beat everyone! We went to clean up the porch and the path to the garage door. The snowplough drove past the house and pushed all the snow on our place so we had to clean everything up again. Damn, I love it here!

December 12 - More snow this night. The snowplough blocked my access to garage once again. Other than that, I love it here.

December 19 - More snow. The snowplough had once again blocked the garage door. Couldn't get my car to work. It's beautiful here but I'm already fed up with shovelling that damn snow every morning. Fucking snowplough!

December 22 - More of that white shit! I'm already sick of scooping that damn snow. Seems the bloke with the snowplough is waiting behind the corner just to piss me off as soon as I've managed to clean the front of the house by pushing all the shit on my front lawn again.

December 25 - MERRY FUCKIN' CHRISTMAS! More of that stinkin' cold snow! I swear, I'm gonna hunt that mothafuckin' bastard down and kill him! Can't they put something on the roads to make that ice melt faster?!

December 27 - More white shit during the night. I'm stuck in the house for three days already, if not to count the scooping in front of the house every morning after the snowplough asshole has driven by. Impossible to go anywhere because the car gets stuck in the mountains, besides it's so friggin' cold! We're gonna have 30 cm more snow this night according to the forecast. You have any idea how much time it's gonna take to scoop up all that 30 cm of snow?!

December 28 - Motherfucking forecast lied! It wasn't 30 cm, it was an entire metre-thick fuckin' layer of that damn shit! It's not gonna melt till summer. The snowplough got stuck and that scumbag came to me and asked for a shovel. I told him I'd already broken six damn shovels attempting to clean up my front lawn. I almost broke my seventh shovel against his head!

January 4 - AT LAST got out of the house. Went to store for supplies and a friggin' deer jumped in front of the car. It's gonna cost me 10 000 to repair all this mess! These fucking stinky animals are everywhere! Why didn't the hunters slaughter all of them in November!

May 3 - Took the car to a workshop in the town. It was all rusty because of all the salt they'd dropped on the roads.

May 10 - Moved to Florida. Can't see why anyone would wanna live in a God forsaken bomb hole like Canada.

Lmao!!! It's probably that way for a lot of people.

I can't complain too much really because I no longer live in a house. I live in an apartment with underground parking. So I don't have to shovel snow. And I live in southern Ontario, so these past 2 years haven't been that bad in terms of snow like it was few years ago and when I was younger. It's still fucking cold and I hate it but I just dress warmly.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.12.2011 - 22:36
Mattybu
Canada's immigration laws are like, if you wanna come to Canada, sure, come on in. Or at least it seems that way. Leaving your own shithole country, I understand, but when people immigrate en masse and we start to see them really imposing their culture and shit all the time.... That bugs me.
29.12.2011 - 22:54
Ernis
狼獾
Written by MetalSpider on 29.12.2011 at 22:19

Lmao!!! It's probably that way for a lot of people.

I can't complain too much really because I no longer live in a house. I live in an apartment with underground parking. So I don't have to shovel snow. And I live in southern Ontario, so these past 2 years haven't been that bad in terms of snow like it was few years ago and when I was younger. It's still fucking cold and I hate it but I just dress warmly.

I like snow but only during the holiday season, before and after that it's infernal. In Estonia last winters were horrid, you had snowfall even in April when the rest of Europe was enjoying nice and warm spring. It was 6 or 7 months of snow... not white but dirty brown snow mixed with shit and urine from dogs. There were enormous hills of it on every street. The paths and roads were slippery which causes car accidents and you can also easily fall and break something. My bro slipped once and fell but he was lucky. He just got hurt, lost his breath for a second and crawled home to recover. And we're both pretty strong.

The main problem are the icicles and snow blocks that form on the rooftops. When those fall and hit, you're screwed. A girl from Estonia visited St. Petersburg some years ago, got hit by an icicle and spent a long time in coma. She's now recovering.
A Russian tourist from St. Petersburg visiting Tallinn also got hit by an icicle. He died. A Finnish tourist also got hit by an icicle which luckily didn't hit her head directly but, however, passed the back of her head at a distance close enough to rip some of her scalp off. It was quite a bloody scene.
One girl who was standing at the bus stop in downtown near the shopping mall, got hit by an ice block. She fell into coma but I don't know whether she survived or not.

I saw a demotivational poster regarding winter like this. It said "Winter in St. Petersburg - You only have one life" and the image above was a screenshot of some platformer set in an ice world with gaps to jump across, obstacles and falling icicle traps hanging from above.
30.12.2011 - 05:02
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Mattybu on 29.12.2011 at 22:36

Canada's immigration laws are like, if you wanna come to Canada, sure, come on in. Or at least it seems that way. Leaving your own shithole country, I understand, but when people immigrate en masse and we start to see them really imposing their culture and shit all the time.... That bugs me.

I think it depends a lot on the country you're coming from. besides, if the immigration laws in Canada aren't that strict, then starting to live there definitely is hard if you're coming from a country that generally is not that rich. so that kinda slows down the whole immigration thing. and dude, Canada's known for the variety of people that lives there. just for the interest, what kind of immigrants bother you anyway?

Written by Ernis on 29.12.2011 at 15:14

I think "reflector" would be the best translation. Yep, it's a noble idea and it can save lives indeed but forcing people to wear it isn't a good sign. It smells too much like just a pretext to make people pay more fines. It's understandable to make it mandatory on rural roads where you have no street lights but in downtown where all the buildings and streets are lit, it's pointless (although they were supposed to turn lights off to save money...)
I hope I misunderstood it but I heard that the new law requires the reflector also in summer. All in all, it's supposed to be mandatory all year around from dusk till dawn. In summer, it's completely senseless.

yeah I got the same translation but if people wanted to learn what the hell is that, I bet they'd still have no idea.
but you know you can't make a law that says you have to wear it when you're not in the centre of a small town. then you'd have to define what is a small town and oh my, what if you suddenly wanted to go for a walk and just... left it? you'd have to take that thing with you because you're again on road. so obviously it shouldn't be so complicated and isn't it just easier to wear it all the time? it is.
why? since when Estonian summers are nightless? I mean, what makes you think that drivers in summer "see" more than they do in winters? (especially knowing that in summers there are way more people hanging out outside...?)
30.12.2011 - 11:46
FOOCK Nam
Canada is great!!!!!! the rare developed nation with not much racism to immigrants. I've never seen much snow in my life so Canada is the final destination yayyyyyy
30.12.2011 - 15:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 30.12.2011 at 05:02

why? since when Estonian summers are nightless? I mean, what makes you think that drivers in summer "see" more than they do in winters? (especially knowing that in summers there are way more people hanging out outside...?)

They are. June has the longest hours of daylight and the sun sets around 10 or 11 pm. Even after sunset you still get this vague pinkish white glow on the horizon while the sky itself is of a darker shade of blue. St. John's day is the solstice which means that we have the whitest night. The sunset is around 10 pm and sunrise around 3 or 4 am... There's nearly no deep darkness at all.

Winter, of course, is exactly the opposite. Sunrise around 9 am, sunset around 3 pm. You get up in darkness and you finish your day at work in darkness. And even the few hours of sunlight are usually faint and covered by thick and dark clouds...

Further north beyond the polar line in Finland and Sweden the entire year is as one day. Six months of daylight followed by six months of night. Summer nights look like in the video of "Sleeping Sun" by Nightwish.

Here you are, midnight sun in Norway...

Of course, in Estonia the sun drops behind the horizon in summer but you still see the glow...
30.12.2011 - 16:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Haha thats pretty much the same with indians, and people wonder why they get beaten up. The whole australian racisim thing that happened recently was obviously coz of fucking idiots who don't know how to behave.
Honestly I don't give a shit about the rep we get, we deserve it. I'm just happy all the fucking retards leave our country and don't come back, so now they're someone else's problem, not ours. I don't have to deal with them on the streets everyday.
I've actually started to dislike indians a lot more since my time here in europe. I get why people think we're douchebags.

Written by Valentin B on 29.12.2011 at 07:20

I've had two other indian dudes who were working in the same company and they stayed in the apartment below mine, and man they were fucking boring. They just sat at home doing nothing, they didn't travel, they didn't go out, they didn't even know where the fucking pub was and there is only 1 in the village! All they kept thinking about was spending too much money. They didn't want to travel coz they would have to spend the money they have saved.

I think more than the country, its the people that are fucked up, india and so many other countries would be way more cooler if we didn't have retards in it.

Well, this new drag ass era called ANNA HAZARE'S ANTI CORRUPTION...Will this gonna be solved??? IMO I think its all clusterfucked and really really pussy and sweaty!! :/
30.12.2011 - 16:47
FOOCK Nam
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 30.12.2011 at 16:35

Since my time in America, I learned that how good US is, and absolutely better than my country, I have developed hate to my country both personally how they treat me and the living standard reality... People really need to go to other country to explore other culture as well as "be opened" eyes to what is really good... Going abroad is very important for self-development.
30.12.2011 - 17:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 30.12.2011 at 15:25

Further north beyond the polar line in Finland and Sweden the entire year is as one day. Six months of daylight followed by six months of night. Summer nights look like in the video of "Sleeping Sun" by Nightwish.

The 6 month thing is only true at the North Pole.

In Svalbard (as north as you can go without losing touch with civilisation, and far further north than the tips of Sweden or Finland) the polar day (in summer) and night (in winter) lasts for "only" 3.5 months at a time.

I visited Stockholm this summer in August and the sun was up from 6 AM to 9 in the evening, it was just splendid (though I do think it would fuck your head up to have constant daylight for weeks at a time). Gonna go even further north this next summer in June, I just hope the weather is as great as it was this year.
30.12.2011 - 20:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ragana - Estonian summer is like Viggo says sun disapears but its much lighter how in Latvia , Helsinki is even more I knw its not far far north but nights at Finland is lighter
Even 200km north from Stockholm is not likght but nit drak even tecniqaly sun disapears in Luleå and sun shins here at winter but still we have wonderfull nights
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.12.2011 - 20:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 30.12.2011 at 15:25

They are. June has the longest hours of daylight and the sun sets around 10 or 11 pm. Even after sunset you still get this vague pinkish white glow on the horizon while the sky itself is of a darker shade of blue. St. John's day is the solstice which means that we have the whitest night. The sunset is around 10 pm and sunrise around 3 or 4 am... There's nearly no deep darkness at all.

I was talking about Estonia that is nowhere near the Arctic Circle, which, btw, I *am* familiar with. anyway, I agree, the nights are A LOT shorter than they're now and the sun indeed rises very early, but it's not like there's no darkness during night at all. you might think that those four or five hours (or in your case, maybe two or three) of darkness are nothing compared to the amount of time that we spend in light, but people still die, you know.
30.12.2011 - 22:39
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 30.12.2011 at 20:14

I was talking about Estonia that is nowhere near the Arctic Circle, which, btw, I *am* familiar with. anyway, I agree, the nights are A LOT shorter than they're now and the sun indeed rises very early, but it's not like there's no darkness during night at all. you might think that those four or five hours (or in your case, maybe two or three) of darkness are nothing compared to the amount of time that we spend in light, but people still die, you know.

Darkness in summer really isn't that dark. It's more like twilight...

In summer people die but not because of being run over by drivers who can't see them. In summer people either die because they drive into a tree/rock/down a cliff etc because of high intoxication levels or they drown (because they go swimming while having high intoxication levels)... Drowning cases are particularly numerous. School's out and often kids don't even have to be drunk to jump into water at dangerous places...
31.12.2011 - 00:07
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Ernis on 30.12.2011 at 22:39

Written by Ragana on 30.12.2011 at 20:14

Darkness in summer really isn't that dark. It's more like twilight...

In summer people die but not because of being run over by drivers who can't see them. In summer people either die because they drive into a tree/rock/down a cliff etc because of high intoxication levels or they drown (because they go swimming while having high intoxication levels)... Drowning cases are particularly numerous. School's out and often kids don't even have to be drunk to jump into water at dangerous places...

yeah a guy i knew drowned this summer at night ..he fell in the river while he was dish washing stuff for barbecue with his friends..he couldnt swim back up ...and the river took him...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
31.12.2011 - 02:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 31.12.2011 at 00:07

yeah a guy i knew drowned this summer at night ..he fell in the river while he was dish washing stuff for barbecue with his friends..he couldnt swim back up ...and the river took him...

I'm really sorry to hear that. As I said, you don't even have to be drunk to end up drowned in a lake or a river. Not to mention children who get into dangerous situations while the parents are away or not watching. Some people drink and lose their sense of danger, others just don't take the time to think carefully enough.