Metal Storm logo
Burzum

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 17.05.2006 - 09:54
This band needs no introduction.

To start things off, what do people think of Vargs' writings about paganism that are posted on his website ((www.burzum.org)?
21.02.2011 - 03:59
Varg has a new album out again, already?! Well, I guess I shouldn't underestimate Varg's ability to release exceptional music within a short time period ala Burzum, Det Som Engang Var, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem.
----
"I flew over crystal ground...my existence numb, over orchards of grievance."
21.02.2011 - 13:49
Slayer666
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.02.2011 at 01:29

Written by [user id=23267] on 21.02.2011 at 01:14

Funny. I liked Belus but Fallen doesn't do much anything for me.

Heh, funny... Fopr me is the other way around. Belus was listenable at best, really crappy most of the time while Fallen has actually some interesting stuff going on. Not in the same level as the older cds but way better than Belus

Tastes differ once again.

Aye, Ima agree with you on this one. The song "Valen" is catchy as all hell, which is, IMO, a new thing for Burzum.
21.02.2011 - 14:18
The Turbanator
Written by Slayer666 on 21.02.2011 at 13:49

Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.02.2011 at 01:29

Written by [user id=23267] on 21.02.2011 at 01:14

Funny. I liked Belus but Fallen doesn't do much anything for me.

Heh, funny... Fopr me is the other way around. Belus was listenable at best, really crappy most of the time while Fallen has actually some interesting stuff going on. Not in the same level as the older cds but way better than Belus

Tastes differ once again.

Aye, Ima agree with you on this one. The song "Valen" is catchy as all hell, which is, IMO, a new thing for Burzum.

Just heard Valen. Wow. Can't wait for this one!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
22.02.2011 - 07:40
wormdrink414
Elite
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/02/08/exclusive-burzum-launches-clothing-line/

There will be at least one lol.
22.02.2011 - 15:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 21.02.2011 at 13:49

Holy shit, we agree!

Jokes aside I found the song Jeg Faller to be pretty nice, almost beautiful which is imo new for Burzum. I specially liked the use of clean vocals on that one. Since his old style of vocals isn't near as good as they used to be... I can suggest Varg to use his clean vocals as much as he can
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.02.2011 - 16:02
The Turbanator
Written by wormdrink414 on 22.02.2011 at 07:40

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/02/08/exclusive-burzum-launches-clothing-line/

There will be at least one lol.

Hahaha I laughed at BLACK FUCKING METAL BITCH! and that Burzum written at the butt of the ladies' pants.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.03.2011 - 19:00
Javier__00
Varg is not a real "evil" guy. No metalhead is for real.

My opinion of him is that he was noob enough to let himself get caught by the police, despite the rumours of he wanting to get out of prison and moving into france for joinin' the LLN..
After that, i like some of his work but ain't really spiring at least for me.
I've seen his current photographies in his official website and heh, he has 'fallen' into what 'new' black metalheads are like, about paganism i don't really have much opinion because i haven't really read of it... the litle i have doesn't really catch my attention.
02.03.2011 - 19:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Javier__00 on 02.03.2011 at 19:00

What?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.03.2011 - 07:03
Javier__00
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.03.2011 at 19:22

What?

if people are going to belive every single metalhead are evil guys or girls well.. i've been a necro butcherer , sadist and a rapist.
I honestly don't belive Varg Vikernes is an Evil ""EEEEEVIL""" guy and thats it. About the metalheads thing every metalhead at least the ones i've could met or know have been really cool people with me. Now if they just were that way because i was a metalhead too.. i dont know ..
05.03.2011 - 12:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I cannot be bothered at all to check out Fallen. Even downloading it feels like way too much hassle. Am I missing out on something?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.03.2011 - 13:26
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Lucas on 05.03.2011 at 12:37

I cannot be bothered at all to check out Fallen. Even downloading it feels like way too much hassle. Am I missing out on something?

From what I've heard for now (need to buy for more detail) it's like Belus but a bit more varied (not alot of 8 minute-riff) and has some very very nice clean vocals. It has this "chilling out" feeling that I like.
So I think it might be worth it, specially if you bothered checking Belus before
05.03.2011 - 13:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

It's way better than Belus, but still far from the level of his famous stuff (obviously). I kind of like it. The production is weird but I think it fits.
The thing I liked the most was easily the clean vocals, they got better. I almsot want Burzum to go full clean vocals.
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.03.2011 - 13:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Javier__00 on 05.03.2011 at 07:03

What?

if people are going to belive every single metalhead are evil guys or girls well.. i've been a necro butcherer , sadist and a rapist.
I honestly don't belive Varg Vikernes is an Evil ""EEEEEVIL""" guy and thats it. About the metalheads thing every metalhead at least the ones i've could met or know have been really cool people with me. Now if they just were that way because i was a metalhead too.. i dont know ..

I don't know too many people who believe all metalheads are evil. Whether or not you believe he's evil, he has murdered someone - possibly in self-defense, sure, but at the end of the day he's taken someone else's life. I don't think I understand your post fully though...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.03.2011 - 15:00
The Turbanator

Definitely better than Belus. It's brilliantly done. I love it. A few of the tracks are stuck in my head. Jag Faler and Valen, especially.
----
05.03.2011 - 16:06
Javier00
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.03.2011 at 13:52

What?

I don't know too many people who believe all metalheads are evil. Whether or not you believe he's evil, he has murdered someone - possibly in self-defense, sure, but at the end of the day he's taken someone else's life. I don't think I understand your post fully though...

Well, i just recovered an older account. and ehh... yeah, and uhh what i meant is that lots of people who's starting or comming into metal are actually thinking that Vark is evil as hell and he's worse than satan or some like that and well i just lol at those.
----
Comming back in MS is like WEIRD :)
03.04.2011 - 14:22
ANGEL REAPER

What?

So what if he took someone's life.That is not necessary evil thing,now dont get me wrong on this one,i dont approve it,but evil is relative to a point of view of the object(on which "evil was made"),there is no absolute definition what is evil and what is not (like Nazi Germany:they thought that things that they did were good only because they didnt suffered from the actions they took ).
Now because even the definition of evil is relative thing I cant say that Varg is evil,although I think that his choice to kill was wrong.
BTW there are a few chatolic saints that were murderers (I cant remember names,or maybe I am wrong on this one ,correct me please if I am wrong).
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.04.2011 - 14:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.04.2011 at 14:22

So what if he took someone's life.That is not necessary evil thing,now dont get me wrong on this one,i dont approve it,but evil is relative to a point of view of the object(on which "evil was made"),there is no absolute definition what is evil and what is not (like Nazi Germany:they thought that things that they did were good only because they didnt suffered from the actions they took ).
Now because even the definition of evil is relative thing I cant say that Varg is evil,although I think that his choice to kill was wrong.
BTW there are a few chatolic saints that were murderers (I cant remember names,or maybe I am wrong on this one ,correct me please if I am wrong).

I never said Varg was evil. I was confused by the previous comments of that other guy who thought Varg wasn't EVIL evil. I pointed out that he's a murderer, that's all. But I agree with you on evil being relative, and therefore a lot of people will and won't refer to Varg as an evil man.
----
03.04.2011 - 20:42
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.04.2011 at 14:38

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.04.2011 at 14:22

I never said Varg was evil. I was confused by the previous comments of that other guy who thought Varg wasn't EVIL evil. I pointed out that he's a murderer, that's all. But I agree with you on evil being relative, and therefore a lot of people will and won't refer to Varg as an evil man.

it is ok....I have quoted the wrong person's post wasn't really referring to you
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.10.2011 - 19:55
The Turbanator
Took me a while, but Belus fucking kick ass. Fallen as well.

Varg is a genius musician, and if you have anything against that statement you can go fuck yourself.
----
06.10.2011 - 20:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 06.10.2011 at 19:55

Varg is a genius musician, and if you have anything against that statement you can go fuck yourself.

My penis in my butt is still far better and more interesting than Belus that's for sure. Fallen is okay-ish, better than belus but that doesn't say a lot.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.10.2011 - 21:20
The Turbanator
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.10.2011 at 20:48

Written by The Turbanator on 06.10.2011 at 19:55

My penis in my butt is still far better and more interesting than Belus that's for sure. Fallen is okay-ish, better than belus but that doesn't say a lot.

Well, that is like... your opinion man. I'm not saying that Varg is the best in this genre, but he's definitely on top there ( and still is!). Can't wait to hear his new album.
----
06.10.2011 - 21:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
My penis in my butt

You can reach too?
----
06.10.2011 - 21:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.10.2011 at 21:56

My penis in my butt

You can reach too?

Our wedding night will be wonderful babe!
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.10.2011 - 21:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.10.2011 at 21:57
wedding night

Wedding? What are you, gay?
----
06.10.2011 - 22:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.10.2011 at 21:59

Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.10.2011 at 21:57
wedding night

Wedding? What are you, gay?

I... I thought you loved me
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.10.2011 - 22:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.10.2011 at 22:02

Not as much as I love early Burzum.

*steers us back on topic*
----
06.10.2011 - 22:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.10.2011 at 22:03

Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.10.2011 at 22:02

Not as much as I love early Burzum.

*steers us back on topic*

......Yeah. Early Burzum... ehmmm, good indeed.
*killing the awkward silence*
So what are your favorite Burzum albums? I only own Filosofem atm, really good album... chilling amosphere and I don't really mind the big ass long track, it works fine if you're reading... I'm such a lazy guy to buy cds that I have in my computer.

... We're not over with our "chat", Troy.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.10.2011 - 22:52
Frost Beast
Account deleted
Det Som En Gang Var is thought to be the greatest black metal track of all time. I agree to some extent, because the atmosphere slays. Varg might not be a good person in real life, but he's surely a great musician.
08.10.2011 - 02:47
Richard
Elite
Written by [user id=122056] on 06.10.2011 at 22:52

Det Som En Gang Var is thought to be the greatest black metal track of all time. I agree to some extent, because the atmosphere slays. Varg might not be a good person in real life, but he's surely a great musician.

It's certainly a great, classic black metal track - whether it's "the greatest black metal track of all time" is of course rather subjective, but it was particularly mindblowing back when the Hvis Lysett Tar Oss album was originally released.

Varg himself is sometimes thought of as rather arrogant, but he's often surprisingly critical about his own music, particularly in retrospect.
----
08.10.2011 - 13:46
Frost Beast
Account deleted
Written by Richard on 08.10.2011 at 02:47

Written by [user id=122056] on 06.10.2011 at 22:52

It's certainly a great, classic black metal track - whether it's "the greatest black metal track of all time" is of course rather subjective, but it was particularly mindblowing back when the Hvis Lysett Tar Oss album was originally released.

Varg himself is sometimes thought of as rather arrogant, but he's often surprisingly critical about his own music, particularly in retrospect.

Well, he somehow has a right to be arrogant, for he single-handedly led one of the greatest and most legendary (Whether through his music or through controversy, I'm not sure ) black metal acts on earth.