Metal Storm logo
The Best Horror Movies Of All Time

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 30.06.2007 - 03:25
Well I've been buying DVD's lately, I'm proud to have such classics as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dead Alive...but I was wondering which movies are in your top 5 or top 10...any Horror movie dudes, it doesn't matter if it's zombies, ghosts, monsters or slahers

My top 5 goes more o less like this:

#5: Cabin Fever (I just can't get enough of watching stupid kids spreading a flesh eating disease, yeah it's way in the line of Evil Dead but it's just too cool and the girls have great boobs)

#4: Day Of The Dead (Romero's third installment in his trilogy, a great piece actually, the last scene is just sickening)

#3: Dawn Of The Dead (Damn it...it's just...amazing)

#2: Dead Alive: (Peter Jackson did this? god damn it he was a gory motherfucker...the goriest film I've ever seen)

#1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The master of Slasher films)

There are other good films I love, some of them are still on my "to buy list" and on my "please stop renting them or you'll end up begging for money in the streeths"

-Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Damn, this is chilling)
-Suspiria (Masterpiece)
-The Night Of The Living Dead
-Evil Dead
-Curtains

some others...which ones are your favorites
04.12.2007 - 21:44
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
What is the name in english of that movie which has some radioactive mutations that kills people to eat it? In portuguese the original is called "Quadrilha de Sádicos" and the remake "Viagem Maldita". I can't remember it.. But is a good movie! But I actually can't say what are the best horror movies, because I like a lot of them! Another new one that I liked was "Devil's Rejects" by Rob Zombie
06.12.2007 - 17:29
Herzebeth
Wow...Devil Rejects...Not many people have actually seen that movie, specially in Latin America you know? we are the few smart ones dude lol.

yeah Great Movie...

and about those radioactive mutations I'm sure you're saying either Redneck Zombies or maybe the Toxic Avenger right?
----
06.12.2007 - 18:30
Kharn
Account deleted
Devils rejects is a great film...saw it in the cinema and peolple were actually walking out at some bits...it was great.
i wouldn't really call it a horror film though, it's not really scary at all, just a bit gory.

I'd say the best are the first few Friday the 13ths,
the 1st and 2nd nightmare on elm street,
Event Horizon,
the japanese version of the ring,
Night of the living dead...the original...not the ninties remake!
Dawn of the Dead
Childs play 1 + 2.

All great films and at time of release were genuinly scary.
06.12.2007 - 18:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Cabin Fever?! When that redneck kid does karate in slow motion I was completely baffled. PANCAKES!

Among recent films I would say The Mist is the best I've seen in a while. I never was a fan of the films like Saw/Hostel that go overboard with gore, mainly because if I want to be shocked I can always stay home and use the internet. (B.M.E. P. O.)

Well, the best of ALL-TIME, would probably have to be The Shining, The Exorcist, or The Thing.
Any horror movie that has a "The" will do the trick.
08.12.2007 - 14:27
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I also really like Devil's Rejects. House of 1000 Corpses is good too IMO, but Rejects are far better.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
09.12.2007 - 11:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
yesterday on public television here: Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, still one of the best, if not the best serial killer movie EVER
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2007 - 18:28
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.12.2007 at 11:52

yesterday on public television here: Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, still one of the best, if not the best serial killer movie EVER

Yeah that movie is sick, even though it is fairly low-budget (makes it better IMO.) Have you ever seen Evilenko?
13.12.2007 - 17:44
Herzebeth
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.12.2007 at 11:52

oh yeah, I think we mentioned it before...it is a great movie, the killings are really chilling as well as the atmosphere, and damn the overall story is just incredibly twisted, to think it was a real story makes me want to throw up lol...seriously...
----
13.12.2007 - 21:24
ArcanaHereticae
Cradle of Fear wasn't really scary it was just twisted. But my favorite when I was little was Salem's Lot.

Look at that guy... the ghoul or whatever...

----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
13.12.2007 - 21:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...nice...but dying Tom Cruise's Lestard in Interview with the Vampire looked better...

and it was a good film too, but well...not a horror
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.01.2008 - 16:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
recently i have seen a vid made from scenes from The Blob (88)...this must be awesome movie too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.01.2008 - 16:56
Herzebeth
Written by Ellrohir on 30.01.2008 at 16:10

recently i have seen a vid made from scenes from The Blob (88)...this must be awesome movie too

I did see this movie a while ago...twice actually...

It's a very good flick to be managed in the 60's or whatever...(50's maybe) you know...a lot of people screaming out loud, a young hero that even the bullys follow to glory, a hot chick than NEVER shows her boobs and so on...overall it's a good film to watch just to say you already watched it hahaha...

all in all, if you have a movie with a giant form of mucus chasing young people at a theater...nothing can go bad IMO
----
30.01.2008 - 17:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Introspekrieg on 06.12.2007 at 18:40

Cabin Fever?! When that redneck kid does karate in slow motion I was completely baffled. PANCAKES!

Yeah! What the fuck was up with that??? "Pancakes, PANCAKES"... I was like: "What the hell???"
----
30.01.2008 - 19:24
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 06.12.2007 at 18:40

Well, the best of ALL-TIME, would probably have to be The Shining, The Exorcist, or The Thing.

Are you refering to John Carpenter's The Thing? Or the original, and still amazing The Thing From Another World?
----
(space for rent)
31.01.2008 - 03:38
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Dane Train on 30.01.2008 at 19:24

Are you refering to John Carpenter's The Thing? Or the original, and still amazing The Thing From Another World?

Never saw the original, but will have to check it out.
09.02.2008 - 04:04
The only movie that has scared me is Shutter;a Thai horror movie(i guess).
You guys should see it if you haven't.
24.03.2008 - 00:14
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
ive never been easily scared but there is a japanese film called the audition that i dont think ill watch again, im more scared of supernatural things rather than gore but some good gory ones are probably 28 days later, saw and hostel (the first one, the second is shit)

some films my family think are scary are the amityville horror or nightmare on elm street
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
26.03.2008 - 09:07
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Does anyone here like Ginger Snaps? I just love it! Well, at least the first part, I wasn't impressed by 2 and 3 as much as 1. I didn't find it scary, but I just love the approach of the film starting as a teen-movie and Ginger (btw, having a mind fucking great attitude:D) not being a classic werewolf just going around and tearing ppl apart, but actually seeing her change.

I loved the intro to the movie however very much, the pics from girls ''death project''. That's like the best intro a movie ever.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
13.06.2008 - 14:43
Hamird
Lieutenant
Oh, I never scare with movies include mutilations and gore... like Cannibal Holocaust and same movies. but i was shocked when i watched The Grudge... both 1 and 2 are really scary. i didn't go to toilet at nights, although i needed it so much (joking) but really Grudge movies are really nice and scary...
15.06.2008 - 20:48
Bloodshed
Account deleted
Has anybody seen the new movie from the director of the sixth sense? it's kinda nice, not horror but there are some scenes that were freaky (the guy and the lawnmower).

Still, my favorite horror film has to be Zombi, just priceless...
16.06.2008 - 10:38
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
i've been on a dario argento kick lately

Suspiria
Deep Red
Inferno

especially inferno,the way argento uses colors for his shots give it a very eerie *dream* look.

and the fact Goblin does the music makes it even more creepy
22.06.2008 - 01:22
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I am ... or was a horror movie freak, why haven't i posted here before ... WHY ?

The original Halloween (Carpenter's) and the new Halloween (Rob Zombie's) are both great imo.
Rosemary's Baby, old movie from the 60's about the devil possession, this one's good trust me.
Alien (the first one), good suspense movie.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (this one has to be my favorite, a classic).

i would recommend Inland Empire, it isn't a horror movie as such, but rather strange. It's a Lynch movie.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
22.06.2008 - 09:02
dimensional
Account deleted
Dead Alive is a big favorite of mine. Another great one I've seen recently was REC, the Spanish zombie film.
03.07.2008 - 07:57
Haightredy
DEATH METAL ZOMBIES. Honestly I haven't accually seen it yet, but anything with "Death Metal" and "Zombies" in the title is definately going to be awesome, without a doubt.
07.11.2008 - 13:47
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
The Exorcist (the one with the little girl) scared the shit out of me, i watched with a group of friends about 2:00 am we turned the lights out, one of my friends nearly passed out in frist 50 min!!!!!
09.11.2008 - 05:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Dane Train on 25.11.2007 at 20:29

4. Shaun of the Dead.

I laughed my ass off with that one... Really good Comedy/Horror
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.11.2008 - 10:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Powerslavex on 07.11.2008 at 13:47

The Exorcist (the one with the little girl) scared the shit out of me, i watched with a group of friends about 2:00 am we turned the lights out, one of my friends nearly passed out in frist 50 min!!!!!

It's not that scary. Maybe it was at the time but now it's laughable I think
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.11.2008 - 11:53
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by BloodTears on 09.11.2008 at 10:43

Written by Powerslavex on 07.11.2008 at 13:47

It's not that scary. Maybe it was at the time but now it's laughable I think

it might br laughable if you dont believe in stuff like!
09.11.2008 - 19:21
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Ill tell you one film i cant watch - wrong turn....disgusting scary evil film...lol these inbred mountain men just creep me out, and the bit where there is a girl all chopped up on the table is so realistic and ewwiee...
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
10.11.2008 - 09:52
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Necrogeddon on 09.11.2008 at 19:21

Ill tell you one film i cant watch - wrong turn....disgusting scary evil film...lol these inbred mountain men just creep me out, and the bit where there is a girl all chopped up on the table is so realistic and ewwiee...

oh man I've seen that movie... Fugly Hillbilly Movies are always fairly creepy. I don't know why they always portray them as rapists though (both shitty The Hills have Eyes Movies).... It must be tough to be a kind hillbilly, in the big city...
----
Coldgrits