Metal Storm logo
The Best Horror Movies Of All Time

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 30.06.2007 - 03:25
Well I've been buying DVD's lately, I'm proud to have such classics as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dead Alive...but I was wondering which movies are in your top 5 or top 10...any Horror movie dudes, it doesn't matter if it's zombies, ghosts, monsters or slahers

My top 5 goes more o less like this:

#5: Cabin Fever (I just can't get enough of watching stupid kids spreading a flesh eating disease, yeah it's way in the line of Evil Dead but it's just too cool and the girls have great boobs)

#4: Day Of The Dead (Romero's third installment in his trilogy, a great piece actually, the last scene is just sickening)

#3: Dawn Of The Dead (Damn it...it's just...amazing)

#2: Dead Alive: (Peter Jackson did this? god damn it he was a gory motherfucker...the goriest film I've ever seen)

#1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The master of Slasher films)

There are other good films I love, some of them are still on my "to buy list" and on my "please stop renting them or you'll end up begging for money in the streeths"

-Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Damn, this is chilling)
-Suspiria (Masterpiece)
-The Night Of The Living Dead
-Evil Dead
-Curtains

some others...which ones are your favorites
10.11.2008 - 19:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Hamird on 13.06.2008 at 14:43

Oh, I never scare with movies include mutilations and gore... like Cannibal Holocaust and same movies. but i was shocked when i watched The Grudge... both 1 and 2 are really scary. i didn't go to toilet at nights, although i needed it so much (joking) but really Grudge movies are really nice and scary...

The Grudge is classic....Takako Fuji is a wondrous actress....too bad she didn't reprise her role as Kayako in the English-language Grudge 3....no other actress can play Kayako as well as she....
10.11.2008 - 20:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 10.11.2008 at 19:25

Oh, I never scare with movies include mutilations and gore... like Cannibal Holocaust and same movies. but i was shocked when i watched The Grudge... both 1 and 2 are really scary. i didn't go to toilet at nights, although i needed it so much (joking) but really Grudge movies are really nice and scary...

The Grudge is classic....Takako Fuji is a wondrous actress....too bad she didn't reprise her role as Kayako in the English-language Grudge 3....no other actress can play Kayako as well as she....

man, i watched the first english movie trailer with a buddy of mine while searching for a 'scary movie' and we laughed our asses off. wtf man, i didn't watch the movie but that trailer is ridiculous, with all the hair dripping out the shower and shit...

also, i watched the Exorcist and apart from a couple of scenes(when the woman is in the attic and the old dude sees the statue of the demon and the dogs start howling, these 2 bits were pretty fucking creepy), it wasn't really that atmospheric/scary, and it was a lot more fucked up than i thought it would be though.. "let jesus fuck you!" wtf

the problem with me enjoying horror movies is that i ain't a fan of gore and stuff, i mean, there's other ways to get disgusted, but i am still searching for a real good, really fucking scary movie. anyone care to help?

i thought of The Blair Witch Project, it's supposed to be like a documentary, should be interesting.
10.11.2008 - 20:59
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Valentin B on 10.11.2008 at 20:53

man, i watched the first english movie trailer with a buddy of mine while searching for a 'scary movie' and we laughed our asses off. wtf man, i didn't watch the movie but that trailer is ridiculous, with all the hair dripping out the shower and shit...

Forget Buffy.....go to Youtube and search for the original Ju On tv films.....
10.11.2008 - 22:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Just watched Blair Witch. it was pretty intense, gotta love how real it all looks, especially at the end when they've all gone completely nuts, though no really scary shit, something like waiting 70 minutes for a REALLY FUCKING HUGE scare, but at the end, nothing. lol.
11.11.2008 - 01:38
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Valentin B on 10.11.2008 at 20:53

also, i watched the Exorcist and apart from a couple of scenes(when the woman is in the attic and the old dude sees the statue of the demon and the dogs start howling, these 2 bits were pretty fucking creepy), it wasn't really that atmospheric/scary, and it was a lot more fucked up than i thought it would be though.. "let jesus fuck you!" wtf

the problem with me enjoying horror movies is that i ain't a fan of gore and stuff, i mean, there's other ways to get disgusted, but i am still searching for a real good, really fucking scary movie. anyone care to help?

i thought of The Blair Witch Project, it's supposed to be like a documentary, should be interesting.

Man, some parts of "Scary movies" are magically funny.. The SM 2, in exorcist part, when the father enter the room and see the girl's face is turning wants to run out of the room ..

About the serious version of Exorcist, I say the first movie was classic. I watched it over and over. The quotes from the demon Regan are nice.
I personally think that The Omen is much better than Exorcist, and Damien Thorn is my favorite villain after Freddy Krueger.
But I like both of movies, they are two of best horror movies of all time.

* "Let Jesus fuck you" is chosen by Marduk for their EP, "Fuck me Jesus" as intro.
17.11.2008 - 09:01
Metalbound7
Saw I,II and IV! those twists at the end of the movies are so fucking amazing!, they really surprise me. can't wait to watch Saw V!
28.11.2008 - 12:54
Himann
Orm KrigGud

I generally don't scare for movies but I agree about the Grudge being comparatively more scary than the rest. Good filmaking which makes you expect something all the time lol..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
28.11.2008 - 14:01
Yossarian
I am not scared at all with gore-alike movies as well as films with foreseeable scares -Scream alike-. My favourite horror movies have to do with the unknown.
The Grudge -above all the first- is amazingly scaring.
I recommend you all to see a Spanish movie named "REC". It is a fake documentary turned "evil". Other movies I can recommend are "The Others" with Nicole Kidman, "Stir of Echoes" with Kevin Bacon and "Fragile" with...Ally McBeal. They are worth watching.
The first delivery of "House in Haunted Hill" is also remarkable.
28.11.2008 - 19:46
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Yossarian on 28.11.2008 at 14:01

I am not scared at all with gore-alike movies as well as films with foreseeable scares -Scream alike-. My favourite horror movies have to do with the unknown.
The Grudge -above all the first- is amazingly scaring.
I recommend you all to see a Spanish movie named "REC". It is a fake documentary turned "evil". Other movies I can recommend are "The Others" with Nicole Kidman, "Stir of Echoes" with Kevin Bacon and "Fragile" with...Ally McBeal. They are worth watching.
The first delivery of "House in Haunted Hill" is also remarkable.

I've seen some trailers of "REC" before.. and it caught my attention. As well as "Quarantine" with Jennifer Carpenter. I'm gonna have to look for them.
I liked "The Others" very much, I'd say it's one of the best in its genre. I'll look for the other two as well. Thanks for the recommendations.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
28.11.2008 - 22:53
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
The original Grudge from Japan is very good. It blows the American one out of the water. Its just so much more creepy because they did everything on a smaller budget and how its shot.
----
Coldgrits
29.11.2008 - 19:33
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by -DC-002- on 28.11.2008 at 22:53

The original Grudge from Japan is very good. It blows the American one out of the water. Its just so much more creepy because they did everything on a smaller budget and how its shot.

I know, I just watched american version a couple of days back and TBH, it sucked balls! I didn't even watched it to the end, cause it bored me to death.

The next up for me is Shutter - the original one, I heard it was great. Really hope so
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
11.05.2009 - 11:18
Yossarian
Hi all,

I have recently watched "Km. 31" and it is pretty good. It contains horror, scares and everything. However I don't know if it is released in English since the release is coproduced between Spain and some latin american country probably Mexico, since the setting is in there and the audio in Spanish.
11.05.2009 - 18:14
TheOwl
Some favorites:
The Others
Night Of The Living Dead
Dawn Of The Dead
Halloween (of course)
Opera
12.05.2009 - 01:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Adding Argento's Three Mothers (Suspiria + Inferno + Mother Of Tears) to my faves.

Oh, and I puked my guts out when seeing Unborn. What a piece of crap that was, I almost wanted to put my foot in Gary Oldman's ass!!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.05.2009 - 09:13
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Movies I like a lot:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Hills Have Eyes

Hannibal (mostly 1 and 2)...

these for now but when i remember more i'll be back!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
13.05.2009 - 15:06
Rattlehead.cz
I don't like horrors full of blood and entrails, sorry...
I like old horrors -
silent movies - "Kabinet des Doktor Caligari" and "Nosferatu - eine Symphonie des Grauens"
sound movies -"Black Cat" (30's), "Phantom of the Opera" with Claude Rains, "Tarantula" (50's), "Omen" (1976) and of course "Psycho" (1960).
21.05.2009 - 03:40
Nathan Lurker
Recently:Let the Right One In: More of a drama, but has to be seen.
Martyrs: best horror/torture movie coming from France

I found Nosferatu to be the least good of the old black and white horror movies. Probably because the story has been redone so many times that there was no surprise when I watched it. I like Phantom of the opera better.
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
30.05.2009 - 15:23
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I can't say I've seen some terrible scary films, it takes alot to give me nightmares

But a good film is the Exorcism of Emily Rose...its based on a true story about some girl who got 'possessed' by a demon overall the story is a bit hit and miss, and most of it is set in a courtroom, but the actress who plays Emily Rose (Jennifer Carpenter) is sooo good! Like in the scenes where she is possessed, she does all the convulsions and the growling, its scarily real!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
11.06.2009 - 00:58
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Nathan Lurker on 21.05.2009 at 03:40

I was coming here to post that! I am so in love with this movie. I am trying to find a copy of the book because it goes into more detail about Eli not being a girl at all. Oh, it was so amazing!
----
(space for rent)
12.06.2009 - 13:44
AbdelioR
The Hills Have Eyes
The Descent
The Ruins (soft film but I really liked!)
Braindead xD
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
14.06.2009 - 16:03
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..

I found Let the Right One In to be a bit of a disappointment after reading the book, it was still good but they seriously condensed the book down and in doing so cut out a lot of the backstory, they also missed Eli's first kill.

Martyrs however is fantastic, definately a film of two halves. It's one of those films I wish I could watch again for the first time. I think the other French film Inside was possibly more gory although the plot on that one was more straightforward, Martyrs on the other hand is far more disturbing and thought provoking.
----
This is an outrage...
14.06.2009 - 20:35
Hellkommando
I am a huge horror buff and grew up watching horror flicks, I have always been partial to slasher flicks especially. A good old slasher is The Burning, i'm sure some Metalstormers will have seen it or know of it, highly underrated.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
14.06.2009 - 21:10
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Hellkommando on 14.06.2009 at 20:35

I am a huge horror buff and grew up watching horror flicks, I have always been partial to slasher flicks especially. A good old slasher is The Burning, i'm sure some Metalstormers will have seen it or know of it, highly underrated.

is it an american movie??? cause i think i've seen it but dont remember that well. it's bben a long time...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.06.2009 - 02:05
Hellkommando
Written by Deadmeat on 14.06.2009 at 21:10

is it an american movie??? cause i think i've seen it but dont remember that well. it's bben a long time...

Yeah dude it is, it is a fav horror flick of mine.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
15.06.2009 - 09:04
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Hellkommando on 15.06.2009 at 02:05

Written by Deadmeat on 14.06.2009 at 21:10

Yeah dude it is, it is a fav horror flick of mine.

then if i rember that well i have seen it and it was nice. but i'll check it to be sure! every good horror should be watched!!
----
15.06.2009 - 18:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Alrighty, my horror fans, have I've got something for you. The past few months I've been sitting down at night at watching FEARnet and it is great. There are free movies, short films, documentary and interviews on here. A good seIection of older horror flicks and modern indi films.

Last night I watched the new film on there Catacombs. It was alright. Typical run and scream premise for most of the film which was so boring I found myself falling asleep after an hour, but a rather original ending that might be worth it, still not sure.

So right now I've seen mostly everything that is up right now, but it changes all the time. Check it out and let's talk about the material there.
----
(space for rent)
16.06.2009 - 07:33
Hellkommando
Written by Dane Train on 15.06.2009 at 18:26

Alrighty, my horror fans, have I've got something for you. The past few months I've been sitting down at night at watching FEARnet and it is great. There are free movies, short films, documentary and interviews on here. A good seIection of older horror flicks and modern indi films.

Last night I watched the new film on there Catacombs. It was alright. Typical run and scream premise for most of the film which was so boring I found myself falling asleep after an hour, but a rather original ending that might be worth it, still not sure.

So right now I've seen mostly everything that is up right now, but it changes all the time. Check it out and let's talk about the material there.

Cheers for the link Dane, rather cool indeed.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
16.06.2009 - 21:37
TheOwl
16.06.2009 - 21:49
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by AnGina-- on 29.11.2008 at 19:33

Written by -DC-002- on 28.11.2008 at 22:53

I know, I just watched american version a couple of days back and TBH, it sucked balls! I didn't even watched it to the end, cause it bored me to death.

The next up for me is Shutter - the original one, I heard it was great. Really hope so

the original Shutter is really great, saw it twice and it still gave shivers down my spine the second time.
19.06.2009 - 04:47
Nathan Lurker
Written by Tony Harrison on 14.06.2009 at 16:03

I found Let the Right One In to be a bit of a disappointment after reading the book, it was still good but they seriously condensed the book down and in doing so cut out a lot of the backstory, they also missed Eli's first kill.

Martyrs however is fantastic, definately a film of two halves. It's one of those films I wish I could watch again for the first time. I think the other French film Inside was possibly more gory although the plot on that one was more straightforward, Martyrs on the other hand is far more disturbing and thought provoking.

I just started reading the book so I'll be able to compare but I still really love the film for it's really contemplative directing and great great soundtrack. I found the book on Amazon, the movie left me wanting for more.

Another good french horror movie is 'High Tension' altough some people told me it was predictable, it still was a great slasher flick.

I read a few days ago about REC2 being filmed. a few pictures came out on the net. The first one was one of the best horror movie of 2007.
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!