Metal Storm logo
What I hate about my country

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 19.08.2008 - 14:32
new thread! something i don't like about Romania is the fact that compared to other countries there are some really expensive shit, at least relative to the normal salary(mostly the utility prices) and of course the EXPENSIVE stuff(musical instruments , PC software and IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc.), of course music albums goes without saying, they're ridiculously expensive, and then there's really cheap stuff(mostly food, which compensates with low quality).. you can't be sure of anything here!

haterz hate on!
04.11.2010 - 13:37
Yavanna
Written by Bad English on 04.11.2010 at 13:33

Written by Yavanna on 04.11.2010 at 13:31

I hate Carnival in my country, the politics (all those damn liars and thiefs), and funk music.

and samba

Samba is played in carnaval, so is the same thing. I would like to kill all of people who play bad music.
But as it would send me right to jail, I have to stand it all
Or maybe move away to Sweden.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
04.11.2010 - 15:45
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by [user id=2084] on 30.09.2010 at 00:33

...there is a BIG difference between the USA and Canada, bud...

so Canadian !!

*southpark;
X: i'm not your bud, pal
Y: i'm not your pal, guy
X: i'm not your guy, buddy
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
06.11.2010 - 19:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie on 04.11.2010 at 15:45

Written by [user id=2084] on 30.09.2010 at 00:33

...there is a BIG difference between the USA and Canada, bud...

so Canadian !!

*southpark;
X: i'm not your bud, pal
Y: i'm not your pal, guy
X: i'm not your guy, buddy

there diference between Canada to , remeber Quebeck speek frenchs and wnat independce, good thay dont have groopsm like ETA or IRA
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.11.2010 - 14:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I gotta update now with what i hate about my current country (spain).

well, to tell the truth there aren´t many things that bother me here. getting a job is quite the hassle though (currently waiting for a phone call to get a job in a cinema) and prices are more expensive than what i am used to. however almost everything else is ok
08.11.2010 - 18:33
TormentoR
Account deleted
Finally, Bosnian citizens can travel to European countries who are members of the EU WITHOUT a visa. So that's one thing I can cross off of my what-I-hate-about-my-country list.
08.11.2010 - 18:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=28368] on 08.11.2010 at 18:33

Finally, Bosnian citizens can travel to European countries who are members of the EU WITHOUT a visa. So that's one thing I can cross off of my what-I-hate-about-my-country list.

Is there way to Bosnia join into EU what would be your vote?
Visa is pain in ass I agree, Im happy I dont need it and also it means generaly you can legaly live n work in every EU country whit out specal work perms andetc
----

apos;'
[image]
08.11.2010 - 18:55
TormentoR
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.11.2010 at 18:45

Visa is pain in ass I agree, Im happy I dont need it and also it means generaly you can legaly live n work in every EU country whit out specal work perms andetc

If you're asking if Bosnia is on the path of becoming a member of the EU, then the answer is no. It has yet to fulfil many conditions before that could happen. But there is a way, a procedure that is basically the same as for any other country wanting to become a member. I'd vote yes on the matter.. hell, why not. It would make a lot of things easier.
08.11.2010 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=28368] on 08.11.2010 at 18:55

If you're asking if Bosnia is on the path of becoming a member of the EU, then the answer is no. It has yet to fulfil many conditions before that could happen. But there is a way, a procedure that is basically the same as for any other country wanting to become a member. I'd vote yes on the matter.. hell, why not. It would make a lot of things easier.

I know its hard get into EU, but depends of gourement, after 10-20 years non EU countries its be like isolation , specely small once

Rus-never , belrus never, Ukr shood choose suck rus dick, or be in EU once for all,
Serbia, Albania, Cerno Gore, Cyprus, Croatia , its possible, but hard, depends of gourement, because Bulg, Ro , Slo, could abd life quality is simmilar
Suisse, Norge - no need for it life qualitry there uber hight

EDDIt: you go to Zagreb to DT, how hard was cross a border? Does costumes serch you hard?
----

apos;'
[image]
08.11.2010 - 19:12
TormentoR
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.11.2010 at 19:02

EDDIt: you go to Zagreb to DT, how hard was cross a border? Does costumes serch you hard?

It wasn't hard at all to cross the Croatian border - they just checked our passports. There was no luggage control. Perhaps we didn't strike them as potential alcohol/drug/whatever smugglers.
08.11.2010 - 19:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=28368] on 08.11.2010 at 19:12

It wasn't hard at all to cross the Croatian border - they just checked our passports. There was no luggage control. Perhaps we didn't strike them as potential alcohol/drug/whatever smugglers.

LOL 2006 or 7 Estonia-Finland farry in Helsinki, flagmatic man was checking passports let say one per take 5 min and order was .... I would like kill him slowwer then snale grrrr, last time no checks, so Shengen and EU rules

Well seems they do when Horde Zla or Maniacs cross border
I never have been chaked and I doubt I will, sniffer dogs are eberywhere
Aiports is made EU one gates, outside EU other and I have seen chinese people in Arlanda chaggunguchanamamam no english, only chinese and was funny
----

apos;'
[image]
08.11.2010 - 19:26
TormentoR
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.11.2010 at 19:16

sniffer dogs are eberywhere

Haha true. Imagine the customs police yellin' : "Releeeasee the houunds! "
10.11.2010 - 07:03
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
One of the MANY thing i hate about my country is that a survey in 2005 showed that OVER 95% of egyptian women were circumsized (had their genitalia (Clitorius, clitorial hood, labia majora and minora) forcibly removed at puberty or at birth to reduce their sexual appeal and supposedly 'protect' them from turning into sluts.

so, now we've got highest rates for female genitalia mutilation (95%), sexual harassment (98%), air pollution - particulate matter (169 milligram per cubic meter), divorce rates (56% - and 90% of these divorces happen in the first year of marriage), mmm what else, we're among the bottom 40 countries in the Transparency International ranking for corruption (further you go down in the list is more corrupted, while as you go up it is less corruption), our president has been in power for 29 years now, with "Emergency law" in effect for over 30 years (emergency law basically strips you from all of your constitutional rights under 'exceptional circumstances'), oh how could i've forgot, cairo is the most dangerous city to drive in, least green area squarefoot per person, one of the highest densely populated cities in the world (i think its either first or second globally)... and lots more

so, bottomline is, cairo is the WORST hell-hole ever to dwell in, and Egypt is definitely unmatchable in corruption and being overall fucked-up
----

10.11.2010 - 23:42
Ragana
Rawrcat

Written by [user id=28368] on 08.11.2010 at 18:55

I know its hard get into EU, but depends of gourement, after 10-20 years non EU countries its be like isolation , specely small once

Rus-never , belrus never, Ukr shood choose suck rus dick, or be in EU once for all,
Serbia, Albania, Cerno Gore, Cyprus, Croatia , its possible, but hard, depends of gourement, because Bulg, Ro , Slo, could abd life quality is simmilar
Suisse, Norge - no need for it life qualitry there uber hight

Cyprus is in EU...
10.11.2010 - 23:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ragana not all Turkish part isnt
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2010 - 00:22
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 10.11.2010 at 23:46

Ragana not all Turkish part isnt

There's a good reason why people think differently about that part and its politics. Besides, Turkey is not in EU so if it has occupied a part of Cyprus, it's obvious, that part won't be in EU as well...
11.11.2010 - 00:31
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 10.11.2010 at 22:08

And so our country can spend more money on important things such as buying new equipment for our army (so we could kill more muslims) and investing in other projects such as "Love gays! We are all equal! Differences enrich!"

That pisses me the fork off too. I actually think that Estonia shouldn't have a military. What the hell is it for? The only reason why we would need an army is to stop a Russian invasion, that's the only threat. Could the Estonian army stop a Russian attack? No. Never. It's impossible, which makes having an army completely pointless.
11.11.2010 - 01:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=105293] on 11.11.2010 at 00:31

Written by Ernis on 10.11.2010 at 22:08

And so our country can spend more money on important things such as buying new equipment for our army (so we could kill more muslims) and investing in other projects such as "Love gays! We are all equal! Differences enrich!"

That pisses me the fork off too. I actually think that Estonia shouldn't have a military. What the hell is it for? The only reason why we would need an army is to stop a Russian invasion, that's the only threat. Could the Estonian army stop a Russian attack? No. Never. It's impossible, which makes having an army completely pointless.

Im happy Lv didnt follow Estonia and stop army, now ther eprofs even country economiy is fucked up, thay think about re build army to mandatory, but Im 25 , soon 26 next year it wont hepen, and I doubt if it hepen I shood go at age 28 , but Im in Swe now, they cant find me here, but still I better cut my weins how go to army
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2010 - 01:40
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
With all due respect to estonia and estonian people, but why do you guys have all these problems ? ... i mean, you're not egypt or iraq for example.. a country that is surrounded by 'enemy states' and in the centre of a military struggle .. or an oil-rich country that the american empire would be interested in.
i think what you said is correct, you do not even need an army, and would not benefit much from joining the EU .. its better for a country like estonia to stay small, neutral, and out of trouble ... you cant imagine how horrible to be living in the middle east .. almost ALL the current world problems branch out from our region .. and we HAVE to spend like 90% of our income on military so that we would not get invaded by the US or a neighbouring country, its a fucking jungle !!
----

11.11.2010 - 04:23
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Zombie on 11.11.2010 at 01:40

With all due respect to estonia and estonian people, but why do you guys have all these problems ?

To put it bluntly: we're stupid and we don't love each other or ourselves and deep down we know it and we hate each other and ourselves for it. Anton Hansen Tammsaare, a brilliant Estonian writer once wrote: "Germans love Germans, Russians love Russians, even Latvians somewhat love Latvians, but Estonians do not love Estonians, Estonians love Germans and Russians." He nailed it. He nailed it so well, that we put him on small currency (25 kroons, which is about 1.5 euros), but a nationalist poet (Jakobson) who never accomplished anything compared to Tammsaare was put on 500 kroons.

A 32 year old friend of mine had this explanation: The Soviet era turned most people into soulless tools, so Estonian parents don't (know how to) love their kids or their husbands/wives and people who don't know love, don't know the most important thing in life, so obviously they suck at living. It's course, but seems pretty much correct.

A 40-something friend from Finland had this explanation: Since childhood the people of Finland and Estonia have been taught that unless they work themselves to death, they don't deserve to live and most of us have bought into it.

In Estonia, it's cool to have HIV and lame to be a virgin at 12. Welcome to paradise, whores and murderers!

But seriously, it's not so bad if you stay away from the wrong places and the wrong people.
11.11.2010 - 11:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Zombie, well Egypt enemie who biggest enemy in midle east is Islam whit it fundumentyal forms , kill it whit roots, deal done and Estonia has enemy Russia , if there wonty be nato and USA(who's not enemy, but alie and friend of every Europian, whit out USA Greece, Turky , who knows what alse be under USSR)

Ernil - Well sameis in latvia, ussr toorn them to zombies, they even beluve Kremlin is responsible for weather n sun.... thats why I never will disagree whit USA
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2010 - 23:13
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 11.11.2010 at 11:55

Ernil - Well sameis in latvia, ussr toorn them to zombies, they even beluve Kremlin is responsible for weather n sun.... thats why I never will disagree whit USA

Well, one of the great things about being an Estonian is that it's very very easy to be smarter than the people around you, it takes almost no effort, because the average person is such a moron And no, I don't think I am some kind of super intellectual or genius, but that's the point: the average person DOES think he is, and is oh so freakin wrong.
12.11.2010 - 00:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I gotta update with something i really don't like about Spain: during fiestas/weekends, finding an open store is almost impossible. i was walking in the Madrid city center for half an hour this tuesday before i could find an open store to buy some beer.. damn!
12.11.2010 - 00:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 12.11.2010 at 00:08

I gotta update with something i really don't like about Spain: during fiestas/weekends, finding an open store is almost impossible. i was walking in the Madrid city center for half an hour this tuesday before i could find an open store to buy some beer.. damn!

Well it can eb anoying to man, thats I dont ther eto, because to enjoy it you shood be 100% spainish, and live there, other like workers suffer, and also even I do love sleep in day time and I try buy anywhat I need in morning...uyou know I live in land where cold winter winds blow and when take of mhy boots n jeans and jumper, it measn I wont go out anymore
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2010 - 19:56
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Zombie on 11.11.2010 at 01:40

With all due respect to estonia and estonian people, but why do you guys have all these problems ? ... i mean, you're not egypt or iraq for example.. a country that is surrounded by 'enemy states' and in the centre of a military struggle .. or an oil-rich country that the american empire would be interested in.

History shows that you don't have to own anything more worthy than a good geographical location to be on someone's wish list.
12.11.2010 - 20:43
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
And is estonia or latvia on a good geographical location ?
they're not 'bad' but they're not oil-rich like the middle east, or a link between two continents (like egypt or turkey), they dont have sacred religious pilgrimage sites like jerusalem or mecca, they dont have problems with their neighbours (maybe russia 30 years ago). so, i dunno.. you should pretty much be safe as long as you dont 'interfere with the big players' .. just stay out of the spotlight and you'd be safe... i -personally- would wish to live in such a low-profile country rather than in the middle of all the action where i currently live, no one here knows whose turn is next after Iran, will it be Syria, Egypt, Algeria, or Yemen? trust me, living in constant fear isn't nice
----

12.11.2010 - 21:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 12.11.2010 at 20:43

Estonia and also Latvia were on a superb geographical location... we are on the south-eastern shore of the Baltic Sea which was a very important trade route for the Scandinavian vikings and Russian vikings and also Germans... when they had already established advanced civilisations and were trading then the "savage" peoples from our region were constantly robbing their ships... so they just arrived and brought their civilisation here to tame the natives and to be finally in control of the trade routes...

We had Danes here, and Germans... and Polish... And then Sweden decided that the only thing still missing for them is the absolute power over the entire Baltic Sea region which means that Sweden conquered the area we live at and thus made Baltic Sea the inland sea of Swedish Empire...

Then Russian Empire became jealous because the only access to sea they had was the North Arctic Sea... that sucked didn't it? So there was a war between Russia and Sweden which Russia won (with the help of the Baltic Germans on the condition they can maintain their own local power here) and finally got the access to Baltic Sea... and North Sea... and Atlantic ocean...

And we had top quality crops here... our special way of processing the wheat gave it superior quality in comparison with the Western crops... it could be stored for a longer time and thus it was exported to the motherland (Sweden, Denmark, Germany)... which means that we, the slave nation, grew the crops which were sold by local German businessmen to Western Europe...
That means that when there was poor crop in the West, then all our crops was sold to them and we died of starvation...
Nevertheless, we still remember this era as our GOLDEN AGE... compared to the Soviet Union... who cares we were the most advanced Soviet Republic...
That shows that people's memory is short as hell...
12.11.2010 - 22:34
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Thanks for the information (even though i didnt mean that estonia or latvia werent important, i was just referring that they're not such a bounty today as they were in the past when they were a trade route (like in the russian union era and before that, the viking era) .. but overall i apreciate the info. its always good to learn something new.

so, as 'superb' your geographical location is, its not 'cursed' as the middle east ... this place is bound to have wars till the end of times.

PS: what does "cuba libre" mean ?
----

12.11.2010 - 22:46
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 12.11.2010 at 22:34

PS: what does "cuba libre" mean ?

Cuba libre is the national drink of the Island Of Freedom... Cuba... and it means "Free Cuba" in Spanish...

It's coca-cola with rum and lime juice...

I used Havana Club or Bacardi with RC Cola to make it...
12.11.2010 - 22:50
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Sounds great ... i'd like to try that
----

12.11.2010 - 22:50
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Zombie on 12.11.2010 at 20:43

they're not 'bad' but they're not oil-rich like the middle east, or a link between two continents (like egypt or turkey), they dont have sacred religious pilgrimage sites like jerusalem or mecca, they dont have problems with their neighbours (maybe russia 30 years ago). so, i dunno.. you should pretty much be safe as long as you dont 'interfere with the big players' .. just stay out of the spotlight and you'd be safe... i -personally- would wish to live in such a low-profile country rather than in the middle of all the action where i currently live, no one here knows whose turn is next after Iran, will it be Syria, Egypt, Algeria, or Yemen? trust me, living in constant fear isn't nice

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't say it's safe to live in the Middle East, I just pointed out that people don't go for oil-rich countries only. And I'm really happy to live in such a safe place like Latvia. Even the weather is perfectly safe.