08. Sweet And Sour
09. Orgy Of Terror
10. The Way In
11. BBQ Lust
12. In Your Skin
13. Pink Taco
14. Camel Toe / In My Sewer
15. Dark Basement

Lincoln Love Log is almost a cult band in the underground scene, I haven't seen them live yet but from what I've heard they do great shows and the crowd responds quite well. Apparently their music is really original and versatile; I've heard people saying they play Doom/grind with noise influences. I was actually kind of excited when I received their album a month ago.

This is the first time I hear their music, my hopes were high due to all the things I already wrote in the previous paragraph. Did I get what I was expecting? Not exactly but they didn't disappoint me either, their music is not Doomgrind or whatever, they do use some stretched riffs and spooky passages but that does not mean they are a doom influenced band though. All in all these guys play a weird kind of Goregrind with super-catchy riffs and raging vocalizations.

Their music is quite entertaining, not to mention their lyrical content which talks about meat, tacos, BBQ and all those things. I found myself head-banging from the beginning to the end of this album, the tracks are managed in a magnificent way so you won't get bored throughout the album and even the live division is amazing as it hooks the listener just to hear what will happen next on stage; besides the audio is quite decent, not like all those live albums where all the instruments get drowned by the overlays or the distorted guitars.

I liked this release a lot and I'm sure many others will. It kind of reminds me of Disgorged Fetus or even Lymphatic Phlegm without the pathological lyrics and with more catchy riffs, so make sure to get this release if you're into that kind of things, you'll get a lot of variations throughout the entire CD, raw production, original structures and a great live segment as well.

Best Tracks: I love the live part very much. "?On The Grill (part 2)", "Chopped Meat"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 08.06.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 8 users
09.06.2006 - 00:19
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Their album cover looks very lovely. I should check them out next time I surf on DC++. After all, I love anything that's goregrind.
10.06.2006 - 04:39
danzig111
Account deleted
Ewwww what is wrong with these people?

Hits total: 3953 | This month: 3